• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

IGN VIDEO REVIEW

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I don't care about reviews. I think they are all biased anyways, considering personal preferences cannot be separated from the opinion of the reviewer. Until we become a race dominated by logic and reasoning, we will always be biased.

So people should just play and have a good time with BBS because we know it is good. Who cares what IGN says? Or any other reviewer says?

Hmm... I think Spock would be the perfect description of that lol

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I don't care about reviews. I think they are all biased anyways, considering personal preferences cannot be separated from the opinion of the reviewer. Until we become a race dominated by logic and reasoning, we will always be biased.

So people should just play and have a good time with BBS because we know it is good. Who cares what IGN says? Or any other reviewer says?

Yeah you're right. I should stop complaining about the score lol.

Killa DeX

Circa Old Valendian 706
To be honest fcuk reviews, they all are biased and video game developers give them perks to review nicely on a game or to not review so nicely on someone else's game. They're like the people on wall street ALL CROOKS!!!

Lonelyness21

Awards
To be honest fcuk reviews, they all are biased and video game developers give them perks to review nicely on a game or to not review so nicely on someone else's game. They're like the people on wall street ALL CROOKS!!!

The Prejudice and The Racism is strong in this one~

Killa DeX

Circa Old Valendian 706
...My Dad works at Wall Street...

lmao my bad your dad is probably cool, i mean the other people on wall street, you know what scratch that they're like the BANK now those are the real crooks

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I always found that Crisis Core had less blocky hands, and more smoother detail than BBS for the most part. That's not to say BBS graphics aren't wonderful for the PSP as it is.

Crisis Core's got a different graphical style than KH, which is probably responsible for the hands. BbS seems to be better in terms of texture resolution, though, puts more on the screen at the same time (Seven Dwarves + Aqua + Prince Charming + Snow White), adds much flashier battle effects, and puts less restrictions on where fights can happen (Crisis Core changed over to a roped-off section of the map for combat).

You might prefer Crisis Core's style, but Birth by Sleep is definitely the more technically-advanced game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Prime example of an illogical human reaction. Insinuating all people on wall street are crooks is like saying all people who go to church are pure-hearted.

Video game developers give the press copies of the game to generate hype and advertisement. They do not sway the reviewers into their results.

-tones down the Spock-

Killa DeX

Circa Old Valendian 706
Prime example of an illogical human reaction. Insinuating all people on wall street are crooks is like saying all people who go to church are pure-hearted.

Video game developers give the press copies of the game to generate hype and advertisement. They do not sway the reviewers into their results.

-tones down the Spock-

Ok your right about the first bit that was a rash and dumb comment, but the developers do give out perks. My friends dad used to work with one and he told us that they would give the reviewers sports tickets, free copies of the game, and other non-traceable stuff(they wouldn't give them money because that is traceable)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ok your right about the first bit that was a rash and dumb comment, but the developers do give out perks. My friends dad used to work with one and he told us that they would give the reviewers sports tickets, free copies of the game, and other non-traceable stuff(they wouldn't give them money because that is traceable)

Lmao I know they do that. I just meant they don't order them directly to give good reviews. They bribe them with stuff. I used to get a lot of stuff from G4 when my mom used to fix the cars of their employees and they would always use the swag to get my mom's boss to give them discounts on the car expenses.

Killa DeX

Circa Old Valendian 706
Lmao I know they do that. I just meant they don't order them directly to give good reviews. They bribe them with stuff. I used to get a lot of stuff from G4 when my mom used to fix the cars of their employees and they would always use the swag to get my mom's boss to give them discounts on the car expenses.

Exactly that's basically the same thing so you can't always trust reviews

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Exactly that's basically the same thing so you can't always trust reviews

That is why I read them, comment, and go on with life as if I never read it. They are nice to read when you want to see what others think, but not to take as fact and use them to make you buy a game.

On an unrelated note, I went into my dorm's lobby to get some snacks and then as I am leaving the BBS commercial comes on the TV (S&C version) and I paused like an idiot, stared at Ven's face, and rushed out the room because I am near having a panic attack for showing my emotions over the game. Which I only get when I am in a public setting or when Nimoy is involved. I think the wait is making me more emotional and nerdy. I need to meditate.

A

Artorius Rex

8.5? What's there to bitch about? And a large degree but the majority of the soundtrack is remixed from old stuff but that's not really much reason to complain. BBS is no Mass Effect 2. Get over it.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

If you're a long-time fan of the series, then no matter what, you fans won't listen to the reviewers. Even if they give BBS say 4/10, you lot still won't fucking listen and shout out 'biased'. This is the Kingdom Hearts II event all over again and I fucking hope they give another bad review, because you lot will be here to prove my point once again.

And one more thing. Reviewers are there to inform the person what they think of the game. And voila, there's more than one reviewer! If you think there's something off with the reviewer, then find another one and weigh it out. If something off with IGN, then read Kotaku, Eurogamer or Destructoid. As a fan, you won't listen. But as a gamer who's looking for his next purchase because he has a PSP and he's looking for a PSP game, then reviews are fucking useful. Yes, reviewers are biased. We all fucking are! But that does not make reviews useless. We listen to other people's opinion. Heck, we listen to other KH fans and ask what they think.

That's a fucking review in itself. Are they useless?

IGN might be ignorant and what not. But your post is fucking dam sight more ignorant for saying that 'reviews are useless' and no one should listen to them. And what? Listen to a bunch of moronic KH fans like Slyfoxx and Allister Rose is a lot better, huh?

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Haha, this review was just as positive as Gamespot's review but Gamespot gave it a total point lower. Proof that number ratings are useless. Read/listen to the reviewer. You'll get a lot more out of that than a number.

enigmawielder

an 8.5 isnt all that bad from ign. you should check out the gamespot review score it'll make you sign up for gamespot just so that you can log in and hate on the guy who did the review for BBS

Xenin

Banned
Did anyone else notice when he said. "I'd like some eye candy." They showed Ven shirtless lol

Multi_Skyscraper

Awards
I do not see the bias people are crying about- except the bias in the people who are already giving it 9/10 or 10/10 without having even played the game :p

It seems like a fair review to my ears, anyhow! I think that the mention of new worlds might not matter if said new worlds don't really make an impression, which empty hallways don't tend to do. That was the exact same problem that I had with KH2- the worlds just felt like bland, straight-forward corridors. Don't get me wrong, they were PRETTY straight-forward corridors, but corridors all the same rather than worlds. I miss the worlds from KH1, I do.

Still, everything is looking good so far! Also, I had to say that I loled at how he said that he would like some "more eyecandy" and combined it with a shot of shirtless Ven. (Why is he shirtless anyway?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back