• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'll let her name it. [Something from the minds of Mega and Mist]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Mega and I have decided to do something a little fun. I just recently learned that it's called a "Round Robin", but something tells me in cases like that, the other person knows what to expect. Not in this case. We have decided to take turns on entries to write something based solely on previous entries and our own ideas. In other words, we have no idea what the other person will do until we learn to anticipate what the other person is thinking. So with that said, there's bound to be some random moments that make you question your sanity. Have fun!

His breath hangs in the air from the over-exertion of his body. He knows this because every time that he exhales through his mouth the cold air makes it visible. But that shouldn't be on his mind right now. At the current moment he needs to focus on his job of making sure that none of the other people get passed him to the Quarterback. He makes this his only goal and pretends that it's exactly why he was born. When he finally has this set into his mind he claps once with the rest of the circle. He quickly makes his way to the line, the place on the center's right flank.

"You ready for this, Hoss?"

Hoss, as he's called by the rest of the team and some of the other people at school, looks over to the beaten, bloody and bruised Center and nods once. The two fall into position, making sure to get low to the ground as the opposing team readies themselves. The Center grips the ball hard before stealing one last look at Hoss. As usual Hoss is closing his eyes, no doubt visualizing the other players as threats to his family like he usually does. But this is only part of the truth. Hoss is not only picturing the other team as would-be murderers, but he's also visualizing the play that they were told to carry out. It's a bit of a stretch for them, but considering the fact that there are only a few seconds left on the clock, they were needing something drastic. And the success of the play lies heavily on Hoss shoulders.

"Remember, Hoss..."

"1.."

"this is your big chance."

"2.."

"So get your head..."

"3.."

"IN THE GAME!!!"

"Hike!"

The instant that he sees that ball move even an inch, Hoss snaps forward. He fuels all of his hatred of the other players, now murderers in his eyes, into his legs and feels the impact. The pain is nothing to him now. Normally he would get a hard pain in his shoulders and head despite the twenty-something pounds of protective gear, but that no longer exists to him now. All that exists in his mind are the other players and the ball. Because of this he drives his left shoulder into the stomach of the 200 pound player before him and pushes him to the side into another player using his helmet and neck as the driving force. He then notices another person coming straight towards him, the Middle Linebacker based on his position, but he's quickly taken care of by the right Tackle.

With his path now clear, Hoss sees his objective. Instinctively he lowers himself again, though not quite as low as before, and directs his energy into his legs again. He shoots through the mass of bodies slamming against each other and chases after his target, his team's Wide Reciever. Normally someone from his position would never be the guard for such a fast individual, but this game calls for something drastic. Because of that need, Hoss was called to live up to his name and try to keep up with the fastest person on their team. All so that he can intercept anyone looking to take the short man down.

The first chance appears rather quickly for the young man. Hoss eyes the one hoping to at best intercept the ball to prevent them from getting the last touchdown, but he didn't count on the freight train closing in from behind. Hoss prepares his body for the impact and lowers his shoulder again, but keeping his head high this time. In this position he slams hard into the back of the would-be villain and sends the sound of impact through the entire arena, a feat not easily accomplished considering all of the cheering. But he doesn't have time to admire his work. Hoss instead focuses all of his attention on keeping up with the speed demon that now has the ball.

The rest of the short trip, consisting of only thirty yards or so, proves to be uneventful. Hoss does his best to keep up with the other person, but that's something none of them can ever do. Instead they all just hope to not fall too far behind, which ends up being the case this time around. But Hoss did something that none of the others have ever been able to accomplish. Despite his size he managed to lose only three yards to the fast individual. This becomes most apparent in the celebratory slam from the reciever. But that's all that Hoss can recieve. Instead of joining in on the celebrating on the field, he falls to the ground in an attempt to regain his energy. The was bound to be a party tonight, there always is if they win the game a week before the Homecoming game.

Awards
Well, my chapter won't be nearly as good as Misty's was, but hopefully I will get the hang of it soon and be better.

Hannah didn’t have a very good view of the game right now, and even if she did, she wasn’t paying at attention to anything but her music sheets. She didn’t need to watch to know their team was doing something good. The crowds loudening “oohs” and “ahs” and “go!” could tell her that much. And when they had apparently succeeded in scoring a touchdown or something, almost everyone in the stands stood up and cheered.

The crowd was going wild with excitement even before the game was officially over, as it turned out. They stood and clapped and yelled, and it was honestly really annoying to have to sit down amongst all the noise. At least, that was how Hannah saw it as she started playing the band’s victory song at her director’s cue but could hardly hear herself blow. She couldn’t even cover her ears to block out these screams.

“Hoss, Hoss, Hoss!” Her little sister didn’t help as she, too, jumped up and joined in the crowd as they cheered her brother’s nickname. She tried, and almost succeeded, to be the single loudest fan, so her big brother would definitely hear her. She did succeed in being the shrillest though. Which, considering some of the other girls, was definitely quite an accomplishment. “Hoss did it! Yay! Hoss!” She even started her own weird little victory dance.

Hannah bit down a little too hard on her clarinet when she tried to hold back a smile during their last song, causing an embarrassing but brief squeak. She didn’t care at all that her team had won the game –the school put way too much attention in sports, if you asked her –but she still felt some sisterly pride in her brother for being able to do whatever everyone was cheering him on about right now.

“Hoss won!” Her baby sister Emily cheered again. She glanced back at Hannah and clapped joyfully. “Did you see? Did you see? He was like a superhero!” Emily added her own little sound effects for emphasis. “It! Was! So! Awesome!” She went back to yelling and bouncing around soon after that, but at least some people were quieting down now.

Hannah couldn’t respond until the band was finished with their song, but Emily was too absorbed in her cheering to notice. When Hannah finally was finished, she sighed for a moment before catching her breath. That song was a little longer than their other football game songs, after all. Suddenly, she felt a drop of water land on her head and looked up at the sky. Crap, it was going to rain? It couldn’t have started just a little bit earlier than that? Maybe the game would’ve been canceled then and she could focus on the things that mattered.

Before she got the chance to daydream about the opportunity, her sister interrupted. “Hannah, Hannah!” Emily yelled, shaking her sister to finally get her attention. “Hoss fell down!”

Hannah stood up and craned her neck to make out the view of her brother lying on the ground. He was probably just tired. “Go help him up, then,” Hannah suggested while she took part her instrument and packed it up. She wasn’t going to let it get ruined in the rain. “I’ll be right behind you.”

The small girl had taken off before her sister had even finished, though. “Hoss! Hoss!” She called again, shaking her brother. When he finally sat up, she added, “Hoss, you were a superhero! I’m gonna play football, too, when I grow up!”

The other teammates didn’t mind Emily at all. She was always like this, after all. She was her brother’s self-proclaimed number one fan, as she reminded them all whenever she got the chance.

Hannah, on the other hand, was a lot less welcome. She preferred to remind them how they “somehow found enjoyment in bumping against other big, sweaty guys and grabbing for everyone’s big balls.” Ashamed, Hannah was not. Tactful, she tried not to be. Being shy and mincing words doesn’t get you very far, at least not in her philosophy.

“Aw, don’t say that, Emily! You have so much talent!” she teased, holding her clarinet case behind her. “And I’m not sure any of these guys would want a girl to interrupt their ‘man time.’ Or whatever they call it.”

Emily was about to respond, but a loud clap of thunder scared her out of it. Hannah smirked and used her clarinet case to cover her head as the rain started trickling down.

Last edited:

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
David just smiles as he removes the helmet from his head and holds it under his left arm. Even he had to admit that Emily could be a little too enthusiastic at times. Instead he pushes himself to his feet and reaches under the jersey for the straps that hold the shoulder pads in place. With a few twists and tugs he frees himself from the straps and slides the jersey and pads off his body only to slide them back over his helmet and hold them all with the facemask. It's only now that he sees the steam start to rise from his body, even more so as the rain starts to pick up from that point. He just smiles as he then looks back to the two girls and tells them that he'll be out in a few minutes. But before he starts to walk off with the rest of the team he leans in close to the hyper girl and smiles.

"I think you'd be better off as a cheerleader, Em. If you used that to cheer for the whole team half as hard as you cheer for me, we'd never lose."

He quickly ruffles her hair just to listen to her reaction as he makes he way back towards the locker rooms. It is in there that he quickly changes back into his normal clothes after drying himself off. He would finish faster but one of the other members of the team walks up to him and asks if he's going to the party afterwards. He sure did call that one. David shakes his head and says that he's going to spend some time with his sisters before heading off to bed. The disapointment shows itself well on the young man's face, but that doesn't stop him from trying to convince the larger man to come to the party. David just shakes his head and puts the last of the small pads in a little cubbard inside his own locker.

"Come on, man! We can't celebrate if you ain't there. You had a major part in this victory."

"Nah. Besides, I'm nothing more than a lineman. As Hannah would say, 'All meat and no brains.'"

Several of the guys start to laugh at what he just said, but then a few of them realize that it wasn't meant as a joke and get angry at David for saying it. David just laughs as his point is proven again and he walks out. It's in the waiting room that he sees the person that he was hoping to avoid right now. The aged man doesn't even bother to smile when he sees the young man walking towards the door. Instead he makes the effort to stop David from leaving and bring his attention elsewhere. David just sighs to himself as he follows the coach into a corner where he is given a hard stare. He just knew that the old man was about to say something that Emily wouldn't like.

"I noticed that you had your head down at the snap. You know not to do that, Hoss."

"Yes, sir. I'll try to not let it happen again."

"Good. I don't want to listen to complaints from your mother about how you got a broken neck. Now get going and I'll see you on Monday."

With that David walks out of the room and looks around the crowded lobby for the auditorium. He ignores the people that actually noticed him in that last play and instead tries to find his sisters. Considering how loud Emily is he finds her quickly and follows her out to the black Dodge Ram V8 truck. He takes one look at the interior and notices that Hannah is not there. He takes one quickly look around and figures that she is either spending some time with her friends or finishing up something for the school band. He decides not to dwell on this for too long and climbs into the driver's side of the truck and watches as Emily slides into the center despite there being a back seat that she can have all to herself.

"Hey, let me see your phone, Em. Left mine at home."

Within a few seconds the girl holds out her phone with the lock already removed. David thanks her as he takes the phone from her hand and quickly scrolls through the contacts until he finds their sister's name. Thinking that she might be busy with something right now he brings up the text message menu and types out that it's him and that he wants to know where she wants to eat supper. Then as a form of explanation he quickly types out that their mother is working a double shift so she wouldn't be back until some time tomorrow. With the message written out he hits the send button and holds onto it for a little bit. He finally looks over to the other girl and says, "So, where do you want to eat? I asked Hannah already, but we're going to need your input to decide."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back