• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm completely new at this..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rix

:)
Awards
So this is my first sig:

Sorasig.jpg

Yes, I do realize that the stock looks a bit LQ, but it didn't to begin with so I continued working with it. It might not be the best sig you have seen, but after all I am new at this and I'm still trying to figure out how everything works :3

But I would still like some CnC please.

Thanks =)

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
It's ok. Not great though, but hey it's only your first try, you'll get better.:wink:

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com
The stock is LQ,and has no flow or direction. Take some layers off to bring the stock out more. It also looks like you over shapened the stock too. Get rid of the text too. Text should only be used only if it both adds,and enhances the piece. The quality overall looks low too. Save it as a png,or jpep"maximum".

For your frist try it's pretty good. Look up some beginner tuts on the basics.
Oh what progam do you use?

Rix

Awards
It's ok. Not great though, but hey it's only your first try, you'll get better.:wink:

-blinks.- Dude, that's better than my most recent sig, which can be seen below! But, I'm still not even noob ranked. You must have more natural talent than I.

The stock is LQ,and has no flow or direction. Take some layers off to bring the stock out more. It also looks like you over shapened the stock too. Get rid of the text too. Text should only be used only if it both adds,and enhances the piece. The quality overall looks low too. Save it as a png,or jpep"maximum".

For your frist try it's pretty good. Look up some beginner tuts on the basics.
Oh what progam do you use?
Thanks everyone.

And thanks for the tips Kazuma :) I'm using GIMP.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
The stock is overwhelmed by the foreground. Meaning all that red cloudiness is completely blocking anything that makes the stock/subject significant. Since Sora's main colors are black, red, and yellow, I'd say try to make some colors flow in the direction he's moving that matches those main colors. Move the stock and place him better as the only thing showing is the head and above, which isn't where all the action is implied/curve of body is shown.
Remember to have some effects in the front of the stock, without blocking it, and some behind it to give it depth of placement and perspective.
Overall, experiement with "Filters" found in the Filter tab in Photoshop, and duplicating layers and setting them to "Soft Light" and other settings while you try to acustom yourself to the program. Just try to experiment.

You're on the right track, though.

EDIT: You're using GIMP? I'm not sure how to advise you with that program, but if you want you could download the Adobe Photoshop CS4 trial at Adobe to try out Photoshop.

L

Lady Yuki

It is LQ but other than that you did a GREAT job for your first try.I wish I could make them T.TBut anyway you did a great job I love the colors you use =3

Rix

Awards
The stock is overwhelmed by the foreground. Meaning all that red cloudiness is completely blocking anything that makes the stock/subject significant. Since Sora's main colors are black, red, and yellow, I'd say try to make some colors flow in the direction he's moving that matches those main colors. Move the stock and place him better as the only thing showing is the head and above, which isn't where all the action is implied/curve of body is shown.
Remember to have some effects in the front of the stock, without blocking it, and some behind it to give it depth of placement and perspective.
Overall, experiement with "Filters" found in the Filter tab in Photoshop, and duplicating layers and setting them to "Soft Light" and other settings while you try to acustom yourself to the program. Just try to experiment.

You're on the right track, though.

EDIT: You're using GIMP? I'm not sure how to advise you with that program, but if you want you could download the Adobe Photoshop CS4 trial at Adobe to try out Photoshop.
Than you for constructive critique, I do really appreciate it!

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out later. I don't have photoshop since it's not free you know :/

It is LQ but other than that you did a GREAT job for your first try.I wish I could make them T.TBut anyway you did a great job I love the colors you use =3

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
okay you are my good friend so i will say that its okay..but to get better you will need to hear this..don't take it against me or anything but its just completely covered in effects, like Kaz said look up some tuts.also try to have some direction of the flow...but overall not bad for your first tag..^^

Rix

Awards
okay you are my good friend so i will say that its okay..but to get better you will need to hear this..don't take it against me or anything but its just completely covered in effects, like Kaz said look up some tuts.also try to have some direction of the flow...but overall not bad for your first tag..^^

As I said to the others, I appreciate constructive critique. I will rather have that than lies you know.

But thanks :)

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
LQ, no flow, pretty much what everyone else said.

Try some tuts out and you'll get better soon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back