• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm done.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

captain

Bronze Member
I can't do it anymore. The cyber-bullying of this site is out of control, and most of the time, it comes from the moderators who are suppose to be the ones who help prevent that. Then what are the rest of us suppose to do? All I want to do is enjoy these forums, but they are so full of people who sit safe behind the computers, completely uncaring about the affect their words might have on someone they've never met. I've reached my breaking point, and it's become impossible for me to enjoy these forums I used to love. Unfortunately, the only thing I can do is leave because the ones with the power (and responsibility) to stop these things are the very cause of the problem.

Absolutely the gayest thing you have ever said.
I know you're just joking around, but I really don't appreciate that statement.
1306043448876.jpg

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Nice of you to leave out the context.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I guess some people can't handle sarcasm...
It gets old when it's every thread, all the time, executed by essentially the same unfunny people in essentially the same unfunny ways. I think it's one thing to act sarcastic about a given subject matter (I mean, we all try to crank out those witty one-liners now and again, it's what Internet dialogue is for) but there is a level of interpersonal "virtual harassment" (I say that knowing it's an exaggeration, can't think of better terms for it) that I see on these forums which is, well, irritating. There's nothing constructive (or amusing) about telling someone, "That's the gayest thing you've ever said." That's just belligerent and mean-spirited. (Granted, I don't know the context of that statement, but I'm addressing it as it would appear.)

None of this would affect me to the extent that I would leave because I really just don't care that much about what people on the Internet do or say, but captain isn't the first person I've heard mention this about these forums and I think it's worth noting that it has been a barrier to some members fully enjoying their experience posting here.

tl;dr I don't see why every forum on the Internet has to try to be like 4chan. No one here is that stupid.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Leaving cause of one person?

Well as far as I can tell anyway.

Zul

Awards
I generally don't like just telling someone "grow thicker skin", but if someone posted that just once(you only linked one post, post more examples if you are claiming this is rampant), and you knew they were joking, I don't see how this equates to cyber-bullying. Cyber-bullying goes way, way beyond something like this.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You should report to an administrator any time you feel unnecessary attacks from others.

D

Deleted member 36435

While I personally don't think think this particular instance is a horrible deal, we have had ridiculous harassment on this site from moderators, myself included, and members who think they are 2kool4skool because they are "veterans." Like nearly everyone in this thread.

You should report to an administrator any time you feel unnecessary attacks from others.
This is your best bet. Admins are admins because they care about KHI and know what they are doing.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I can't do it anymore. The cyber-bullying of this site is out of control, and most of the time, it comes from the moderators who are suppose to be the ones who help prevent that. Then what are the rest of us suppose to do? All I want to do is enjoy these forums, but they are so full of people who sit safe behind the computers, completely uncaring about the affect their words might have on someone they've never met. I've reached my breaking point, and it's become impossible for me to enjoy these forums I used to love. Unfortunately, the only thing I can do is leave because the ones with the power (and responsibility) to stop these things are the very cause of the problem.

i'll talk to the staff about this, since it's a recurring issue that keeps popping up every now and again. I don't think the
particular example was that bad but i would assume that's just because i've grown so desensitized. we encourage all of you to report any unnecessary vile behavior to us and we assure you it'll be taken care of. Shamdeo is very adamant about keeping the forum staff clean, so you can be sure something will eventually be done about it. he has said word for word that he has no problems firing the entire forum staff if he feels it necessary, so you can be sure that ultimately the staff will serve the members, and not itself. i think some of us (me included sometimes) have forgotten that we need to hold ourselves to higher standards than the members.

edit: also yes i edited my post i didn't realize how acidic i was being and that we need to take this problem more seriously

MangaCrazy101

The Blonde
Awards
Website
mangacrazy101.blogspot.com
Yeah I know what you mean, I've actually left this site a few times due to things that people have said or 'done'.
But in the end I always came back, despite those few people I always had heaps of fun. I know you feel this way now but in the end, you'll grow stronger and more immune to the affects of their words.

I'm not saying that what they're doing is right but I am saying that it's our out look on those words that define the true meaning of them.
I hope you'll come back soon.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
the day has come where these complaints are actually addressed

Ioz3R.gif

is it real

they were adressed a while ago

we just kind of lapsed back into it

i'm also not going to point fingers at any members in particular since i think the problem is moreso within us, but if we see any grossly elitist or unnecessarily rude behavior from members we aren't going to be very tolerant of it

so just play nice ' 3'

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
they were adressed a while ago

we just kind of lapsed back into it

i'm also not going to point fingers at any members in particular since i think the problem is moreso within us, but if we see any grossly elitist or unnecessarily rude behavior from members we aren't going to be very tolerant of it

so just play nice ' 3'

Fuck you Wehrmacht. Fuck you. Fuck you. FUCK YOU.

Nah, just teasing Paolo. *gives a Latin American/South American bro fist*

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Really? This site has been defined as run by trolls and asshole admins. If you don't want to be here, so be it. But honest to God, we joke around like that here because we. don't. give. a. damn. This is our place to be assholes so that we can let off steam and stuff. C'mon now.

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
Yeah it's pretty much about having a sense of humor sometimes. Sarcasm can be rough at times, but only if you let it get too personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back