• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm fine with KH3 being rushed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Ever since the last trailer was shown in 2015 the most overused argument for why people are fine with KH3 taking so long is that they don't want it to be rushed, and that they'd rather it be "perfect".

Don't get me wrong, I want/expect KH3 to be the best game in the series so far, but why are so many KH fans acting like the initial release of a numbered title has EVER been the "perfect" version?

There are 3 dif versions of KH1, the original Jap version with like no secret bosses or special content, the Original US version with most of the secret bosses, and the final mix version with all the secret bosses + reaction commands for the limit abilities, and tons of special heartless. Not to mention new cutscenes, new weapons, and a new secret ending.

Just look at how much new content was put in the final mix version of KH2 in comparison to the original (It's honestly too much to even list). KH2 Final mix is almost a completely new game with all its added content, but I still love the orignal too.

Like a lot people, I've waited almost half my life for KH3, and if I have wait 2 or 3 more years instead of 1 more year because the non final mix version had to be "perfect" I won't like it, but I'll accept it.

But if Nomura and the developers are making us wait for a "perfect" version of a game, that they're just going to re-release a year later with vast improvements and a Final Mix logo slapped on the cover, then I say give me the rushed version in 2018 so I can finally finish the story, and I'll enjoy the "perfect" final mix version later.

P.S.
Feel free to completely eviscerate me in your response if you disagree with my stance on this. I'm really curious as to why people want/expect the non final mix version of Kh3 to be so "perfect".

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I can only speak for myself, but I'm certainly not expecting KH3 to be perfect. Whether it be story or gameplay, I'm expecting flaws. Going into the game with the mindset will just lead to disappointment.

That said, I'm fine with the developers taking their time making the best game they possibly can.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'm not expecting KH3 to be perfect either. osaka
A rushed game is never as good as it could've been. While it's true they can fix everything with patches - who's to say they will so that?
I just don't want KH3 to be rushed. This is the biggest game until yet and they should take their time.
You know, everyone has great expectations and all as well

On the other hand, though, I'm not really trying to justify anything (like the long wait). That's just how game development works - it's usually 3-5 years of development for AAA titles, which KH3 certainly is.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I was happy with the potential truth behind those twitter leaks earlier this week because they address the problem with KH3's development. A studio should always give it's director the artistic freedom to do what they want within' a certain parameter, but at a certain point deadlines have to made and you don't get to f#%k around with a game's development and release because of every single little thing you want to include in the game.

Last edited:

horto12485

Awards
Well i'm not i don't want it to be Rushed it just needs to take some time to develop i mean we need More Gameplay we need More Gameplay and eventually more Worlds that we haven't seen yet.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
It doesn't need to be perfect, but I also don't want it to be rushed. I don't want KH to be released with a barely pieced together plot that needs DLC and updates to fix.

I want Nomura to have enough time to properly tie up the plot strings and gives some characters the development they need.

I do feel bad for him if the development isn't going as well as he'd like, but I hope with a deadline and enough time, he will come to terms with what he wanted and what it's going to be. It already seems to me that KH3 is going to be grander than any of the previous games, so I think he will be able to deliver on a new and fun experience no matter what.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It doesn't need to be perfect, but I also don't want it to be rushed. I don't want KH to be released with a barely pieced together plot that needs DLC and updates to fix.

I want Nomura to have enough time to properly tie up the plot strings and gives some characters the development they need.

This is the main gist of my stance as well.

To go back to the example with KH II the OP already brought up, this one is exactly the prime example as to why releasing an overly rushed game isn't a well thought issue. The reason KH II FM does have so much more content than the vanilla version is because the vanilla version was rushed and this also shows in the presentation and pacing of the story in that game.
Some of the Final Mix-only scenes are needed to properly make sense of things and challenges such as the Mushroom XIII finally give some additional use to some of the more sidelined Drive Forms or summons.

What people also tend to forget is that really big AAA titles do have a longer development cycle compared to back in the 90's and the 2000's simply due to the new technical possibilities and that in the specific case of KH III, it was stated that revealing it already in 2013 can be considered too early.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
FFXV has shown how bad an uncomplete game can be, rushed or not.

So no, I definitely do not want that for KH3. I want the full experience on my first play through and not months later or not at all.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
FFXV has shown how bad an uncomplete game can be, rushed or not.

So no, I definitely do not want that for KH3. I want the full experience on my first play through and not months later or not at all.

The "full experience" isn't going to happen. Kingdom Hearts III will have a Final Mix and cut content will be presented in the form of paid DLC. The trend of Final Mix happened with the first two games (and Birth by Sleep for some strange reason), so why should the third numbered title be the exception to the series?

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I definitely would not be okay with KH3 being rushed. Yeah, we'll probably get FM again and I guess I can live with that, and DLC is a thing that basically every big game now has, but if the story is terrible then there's not much that can fix that. I'm not happy about knowing that FM is something I'll have to wait for, and I probably won't even plat KH3 before getting the complete version. And I'm not a fan of DLCs so unless it's something insignificant like costumes, keyblades etc. then that will suck too. But that's all something that happens to most games these days, rushed or not. Content is cut into pieces. But if the core gameplay and story are rushed and bad, that's a big problem.

Platinum End

I can see where your coming from and im sure everyone wants this game to come out today lol but me personally i would rather have the game come out where it was not rushed to meet the release date than to having it rush. Now they could rush it and add more content in KH3 Final Mix but i want the game's first impressions good. Having said that, KH3 Final Mix release (God knows when that comes out :D) will surely have everything that Nourma that he wants to add. Like others have said, as long as the core gameplay isn't rushed and is intended to be, then the extras like cutscenes, secrets, and all the other stuff can be release later!

Caxinuld

Awards
I'd rather not have KH3 rushed. A rushed game is never a good game, imagine how many glitches, broken mechanics or plot inconsistencies would exist if the game had been pushed out too early.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
there's rushed, which would have been a 2015-2016 release, and then there's too long, which is probably anything beyond 2018. When a game takes too long to make, it can get diluted. I think 2018 is a swell year for KH3 to come out.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The "full experience" isn't going to happen. Kingdom Hearts III will have a Final Mix and cut content will be presented in the form of paid DLC. The trend of Final Mix happened with the first two games (and Birth by Sleep for some strange reason), so why should the third numbered title be the exception to the series?

Theres a difference between a few additions coming later and a game being half-finished only.

-Fancy dragoon-

For all the folks who say " I dont want kh3 rushed/Take all the time you need"...sorry but no...DLC is a thing and probably will be for the rest of time the earth has, and as business minded sqaure is, its time for kh3 to come out. your whole attitude about it dosent change the facts of :

1. After kh2 people have been begging square for this game. You have to understand from. Square's perspective that its better to push a game out with cut stuff than delay a game thats extremely hyped for.

2. Like i stated before DLC IS A THING!!! Regardless how you feel about it KH3 will have a few-alot of scrapped content but im sure the
Dlc will be containing that cut content. Better to have it late than never.

3. All of you will buy the season pass just because you love this series.

Why cant people understand that we live in the age of growing, complex technology. This isnt 1994 where things were alot simpler, and what wanted to be done was done. I mean just think about it: even if you got a perfect kh3 game you would want more after you finished the main game. THATS WHERE THE DLC COMES IN. I for one am down for a season pass and a rushed kh3. Patches and dlc are as common as a pidgey now sooooo.....

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I’m fine with it being rushed, too. I’m already resigned to KH3 being bombarded by DLC no matter how long its development is (partly because DLC is about sucking as much money out of the fanbase as possible in the first place). Moreover, I already expect the game to be a bit of a trainwreck anyway because of the impossibly huge cast and 20+ story threads that they need to tie up. I’d rather they just get it out so we can leave this mess of a saga behind already.

And, one other point—a long development time does not guarantee a good game. Just thought it worth mentioning.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
The point is not to be against DLC. DLC is best reserved for stories and backstory that can be told but doesn't need to be. SOme od the DLC that ranks highest in peoples mind is not content that should have truly been in the game, but extra stuff to flesh out the story even further (but is not actually needed)

If KH were to have DLC, that's fine. We're in the modern age. If Sora has outfits like Aqua did, I fully expect DLC from that. But with the way Kingdom Hearts is structured... what else could possibly be DLC? Sidequests aren't really a thing. Coliseum like functionality is usually a core part of the story. Since worlds follow a pretty straightforward story line, and again, there aren't side quests, what could the DLC possibly be about? Even the stuff they added in the Final Mixes were just extra cutscenes and a boss fight or two.

If people want Kingdom Hearts DLC, it'll be extra bosses and costumes. Maybe even forms/drives. Probably not worlds. Probably not sidequests (unless it becomes a thing).

When I say I don't want the game to be rushed and I want the story to make sense, what I mean is that:
- I want the Disney worlds to be part of the plot. The ending of 0.2 is a good indicator of that happening
- I want as little bugs as possible, but I already expect patches to be a thing
- I want gameplay to be fun. I'm not hard to please in this area. If it's anything like 0.2 then I'm already satisfied.
- I want every character to at least get one moment to shine. I don't expect character closure given KH is going to continue after KH3
- I want everyone to have at least a bitter-sweet reunion
- I want Xehanort to be handled properly and no random bullcrap reasons to forgive him for the things he's done. No puppeteering. No possession. Just straight up bad guy

What I don't want, for example, is for them to cut out a world such as Radiant Garden and an entire important story arc that we can't fully understand the plot without only to add it later for $20. If we need it to fully grasp the characters and the plot, then don't cut it out just to sell it back later. Maybe something new and interesting for DLC that adds onto something that is already 'complete'.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Yeah exactly, I agree with kirabook. When I think of "rushed" I don't think of lack of extra bosses, tons of post game content and perfect details in everything. No. I've accepted DLC is likely. Even a FM might happen, or even both. When I say I don't want KH3 to be rushed, I mean that the core gameplay needs to be good, it can't be a bug filled glitch fest that for example save crashes, or have a plot that's terrible and unfinished. A good solid game can be built on, DLC can be added and all that, but if the game is just bad and completely unfinished no DLC will save it. So, I hope that they are currently focusing on making the base game solid and good, and not getting too into details and stuff that isn't as important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back