• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm planning to import....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMemories

The only problem is I can't find one of those Swap and Slide Card mod things. Can someone tell me what they are called and tell me where to find one for a decent price? I know I sound kind of n00by, but this is the first time I've imported. I need a little assistance.

X

XEDELAS

ok first tell me where u live and what country
next tell me your model of ps2 (slimline or ps2 and the code) found i think on the back of it

ok then tell me your price range and if your willing to put void on ur ps2 warranty

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I hope you know the risk you're taking on your Ps2 man cause I'll tell you I'd rather wait on the english version its nothing but like 2 months away from like now

X

XEDELAS

lol it seriusly isnt that bad and in the long run so much better like if u go on a holiday to bali or thailand u can get like 500 games for like $4 or whatever and u can play just about all of them on ur ps2 i have one and its great

God42

I've heard some people saying that the latest SE games do not work with the swap trick. Like that FFX-2 didn't work with it. Is this true? If it is, KH2 will maybe not work with it too? (thinking about importing it and using the swap me too)

MasterofMemories

Look, I just wanted info on how to get the Swap Magic thing. I'm PLANNING on importing, it doesn't mean that I'm going to do it FOR SURE. I want to wait for the English version, because it supposedly comes out in March, and my birthday is in March, but I thought it would be intresting to have a Japanese game! I figured I'd learn a little Japanese in the process of playing the game as well. And I'd be able to go "HAHAHAHA!!! I've got Kingdom Hearts II, and you don't!!" OK!?!?!?!?!?!?

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
shoot, I'm buying a ticket to japan this winter break, flying to shinkjuku, bunking with my friend's sister there, and playing his pre ordered KH2 on thursday!

B

bettermanlamia

ok...u know MasterofMemories u can always get a "Flip up cover" for ur ps2, and get the swapmagic with it. u can go here to get it: clearxbox.com its what i got to play kh2. u do have to install the cover, but i think its worth it. i hear its better then the slide card, and plz the slide card i heard hurts ur disc tray motor. :(

B

bettermanlamia

Krimedog said:
So hold on, what do these things do, they translate everything and stuff liek that? i have never heard of these
No. They do not translate the japanese txt
I wish they did but they dont, they just let u play imports on it. (aka the swapmagic and slide card) u can go here to see swapmagic3.com it will explain

Aros123

I have a two question, 1.i heard from a friend that using something to play imported games on your ps2 would reduce you ps2's live by half, is that true? 2. if i get a japanese version of kh2 is there any way what so ever i can get english subtitles on it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back