• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm still confused

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticWolf777

So.....YMX has the power to time travel...in a different timeline....so he came to the timeline we know to start events leading up to this point. and now he has to go back to his time to continue. So at some point the Old MX we know once time travelled to start events in a different timeline as well? GASP CLOSED PARADOX!! But can't he still time travel? or is it...you can only time travel if you cross timelines too?

Straythe

No. To make one able to "time travel", the first "iteration" has to lose his body completely.

The first Xehanort able to time travel was Ansem. Thanks to him, YMX was able to do so, but he HAD to go back and keep the timeline in order.

This particular Xehanort is "the first" one, he's the starting point. The others are from different timelines, I do not think they affect the main timeline.

YMX states he would not remember (I might be wrong), so I guess old MX (the one we know) always experienced that story.

JustSnilloc

There isn't a paradox ;)

let me explain...

The rules of time travel are simple
1) You must not have a body
2) You can only travel through time in 1 direction
3) Whilst traveling through the past, you may only go somewhere you have already been
4) You must eventually return to your own time
5) You cannot change the events of the past

That out of the way, Ansem, Seeker of Darkness discovered that he had the ability to travel through time... Some time after he learned about it, he developed a plan and went back in time to let YMX know about it (the nortification plan)...

SoD didn't change anything when he went back in time mind you, he only let YMX know about the plans (He would have continued down the EXACT same path regardless) With that knowledge given, SoD went back to his own time and the events of KH1 occurred... After SoD took over Riku's body, he commandeered the body and Riku was expelled out of his own body, at that point (when SoD entered into Riku) he no longer had the ability to time travel

Back to YMX, this guy then continued on with how everything would have happened, at some point he traveled forward in time grabbing all the norts along the way and bringing them to TWTNW

(btw, YMX (Young Master Xehanort) is MX (Master Xehanort) back during his youth... They are literally the exact same person, just at different points in time)
------

Make since? :D

Straythe

Oh there is a paradox.

How can Terranort be back if Xemnas and Ansem have been saved from destruction ?

If he's from the past, that means Ansem wasn't created, thus no time travel. If he's from the present, well it's impossible.

Dragonsblight

Oh there is a paradox.

How can Terranort be back if Xemnas and Ansem have been saved from destruction ?

If he's from the past, that means Ansem wasn't created, thus no time travel. If he's from the present, well it's impossible.

I agree that there is a paradox of sorts. All of these forms of Xehanort are from other timelines and as such allow for the return of xehanort which as said above wouldn't happen if they were from this timeline and there would be no salvation for terra.

JustSnilloc

Oh there is a paradox.

He IS from the present and that's COMPLETELY possible... After all who is Terranort? He IS Terra with Xehanort's heart inside, as we know Xehanort has split his heart into many pieces... When Terranort was revived, Master Xehanort escaped and left a piece of his heart inside... there resolved :D

Straythe

Actually, Ansem and Xemnas are gonna bite the dust ONCE MORE, if Terranort is back that would mean there'll be two Terranorts ... but MX considers him on his side so ...

Maybe he meant through Xemnas ? Or just Ansem.

After all, Xemnas grew back a heart right ? And Ansem has MX and Terraqus' heart.

Would be fun if (somehow) Ansem got MX heart and Xemnas Terra's. Without realizing he did. Maybe Aqua and Riku can help bring out the Terra side.

He IS from the present and that's COMPLETELY possible... After all who is Terranort? He IS Terra with Xehanort's heart inside, as we know Xehanort has split his heart into many pieces... When Terranort was revived, Master Xehanort escaped and left a piece of his heart inside... there resolved :D

The real MX couldn't even control Terra for long (he ended up being completely immobilized and Terra's light was getting stronger, geez it even came out of the body lol, until Xehanort used the keyblade on themselves).

How can he seriously expect "a part of him" to control Terra ?

ChaoticWolf777

Ok so Ansem went back in time to tell YMX about the plan...then he went back to the future and started KH1. So YMX knew that his heartless did that so when he turned into a hertless he will go back in time to tell YMX. it is a closed paradox. the thing is how did YMX get all the different ansems and xemnes' from the different timelines?

JustSnilloc

Ok so Ansem went back in time to tell YMX about the plan...then he went back to the future and started KH1. So YMX knew that his heartless did that so when he turned into a hertless he will go back in time to tell YMX. it is a closed paradox. the thing is how did YMX get all the different ansems and xemnes' from the different timelines?

Bolded part- He specifically says "at that time I didn't realize it was me"

There isn't more than one timeline though, there is only one... He picked them up by continuously traveling forward in time and picking them up as he went

JustSnilloc

Ah, ok. so the Xemnes and Ansem we destroyed winded up bringing MX back. now i get it

Yup, which obviously that means Terra was brought back as well... Some time after coming back, Xehanort separated himself from Terra making him look like his old self again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back