• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Impression on the demo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will the game be fun and addictive

• Yes, it's great

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • No, it sucks

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • it's too soon to be certain

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Isn't it extremely satisfying to improve in the track and finally get that perfect chain!?!?
Very satisfying. I think I've actually mastered Wonderland now, so I'm going to be brave and move on to Standard next time I do my demo play. I hope I can do that for Hand in Hand and The Rustling Forest after some more practice. I'm too much of a scaredy cat to try Wave of Darkness on anything but Beginner, lol.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
This is something I see people saying online. Why not just use X button for every single note? It just seems like making it harder on yourself to be alternating between these buttons.
I've honestly found L1 and R1 easier to use than X most of the time. I only usually use X when I need to do all three at once.

Katsagu

Awards
I've honestly found L1 and R1 easier to use than X most of the time. I only usually use X when I need to do all three at once.

Oh yeah sure! Whatever is best for you, but pressing X for sora, R1 for goofy and L1 for donald just feels like making it harder on yourself, it's using 3 buttons when you could just be using one. That's what I was trying to say.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Oh yeah sure! Whatever is best for you, but pressing X for sora, R1 for goofy and L1 for donald just feels like making it harder on yourself, it's using 3 buttons when you could just be using one. That's what I was trying to say.
Oh definitely, trying to play as if each character was mapped to one button is bount to make the whole thing a lot harder than it needs to be.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Switching between X, L1, and R1 can be tricky at times, and can even slow your rhythm down if not paying attention. Like @AdrianXXII said L1 and R1 seem to respond better then X. I mainly use X when jumping to attacking enemies, just out of old habits from KH1. Thank goodness for one-button mode.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I tried performance mode and I floundered about because I couldn't work out when best to press the button aha. Kudos to this who can make that mode work, and enjoy themselves while doing it!

Katsagu

Awards
I tried performance mode and I floundered about because I couldn't work out when best to press the button aha. Kudos to this who can make that mode work, and enjoy themselves while doing it!

This is my problem, I don't understand why it doesn't have the circle thing on those notes also.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
This is my problem, I don't understand why it doesn't have the circle thing on those notes also.
It does, it's the music note symbol.

It took me a while to realize that was a timing indicator, and even now that I know it's a lot less easy to read compared to the targeting reticles. In general the readability for Performer targets is a bit iffy, having three buttons and four analog directions in a single, small target that otherwise looks identical isn't ideal, I don't think.
Though my main problem with Performer mode is having L2/R2 inputs. In the harder charts it makes me feel like I need a finger on each button in order not to press the wrong one and that's kind of an awkward way to hold the controller though I am somewhat used to it because of Project Diva Future Tone

Katsagu

Awards
It does, it's the music note symbol.

It took me a while to realize that was a timing indicator, and even now that I know it's a lot less easy to read compared to the targeting reticles. In general the readability for Performer targets is a bit iffy, having three buttons and four analog directions in a single, small target that otherwise looks identical isn't ideal, I don't think.
Though my main problem with Performer mode is having L2/R2 inputs. In the harder charts it makes me feel like I need a finger on each button in order not to press the wrong one and that's kind of an awkward way to hold the controller though I am somewhat used to it because of Project Diva Future Tone

Oh wow, I went to check on it. It's soooo subtle! But yeah it's there, and at least it lets me know when I can click on it. Thanks!

Yeah I also don't like that I have to use the L2 and R2 since I got used to using those instead of L1/R1 on the normal mode.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Wait, you have to use R2 and L2 in performer mode? In addition to R1 and L1? I bet that's a headache to remember.

the red monster

Awards
Just tried co-op with couple of friends and honestly it's super fun, i like it better than single player mode.

Katsagu

Awards
Sooo... playtime on switch appeared today... I might have a problem.

c3f3cd8c23c1167dbfe8ce7d830df362.png

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I just came in here to say, I scored my very first A rank on Wave of Darkness! At long last I got a A! L1 and R1 work wonders in one button mode and if focusing on just one button it minimizes the lag. I still got it towards the end, but it was much smoother this time around. I'm off to celebrate! A in Wave of Darkness, yo!

AegisXIII

Awards
The coop is tons of funs. We laughed so hard because we sucked soo much. A rollercoaster of emotions stronger than in kh3, haha.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I just tried out Standard and even one level of Proud Mode for the first time. Oddly enough Gliding seems easier on Standard and Proud then it does on Beginner. I'm thinking it has something to do with enemy placements keeping the music in sync with the rhythm. I got A's in all but Wave of Darkness where I got a failing C. For a player of my newly acquired rhythm talent, I count a C is failing! I demand straight A's!

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Finally got my A in Wave of Darkness Standard. A+'s on all Beginner levels with some full chains. All A's in Standard. My powers continue to increase. I'm obsessed with this game, and it's still just the demo. I'm coming for you next, Proud Mode!

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I really hope they add a calibration mechanic. I can’t seem to get anything to line up right (PS4, Switch) except handheld Switch. Guitar hero has had calibration since the beginning, you’d think square would know to do that with a rhythm game.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I really hope they add a calibration mechanic. I can’t seem to get anything to line up right (PS4, Switch) except handheld Switch. Guitar hero has had calibration since the beginning, you’d think square would know to do that with a rhythm game.
There is an option to adjust timing. Check the settings.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I adjusted it so many times, but I can’t get the timing as good on the tv as with handheld

Back