• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► In need of computer help, please

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
There's no sound coming from the computer. AT ALL. The sound was working just fine last night. Then I log on, and there's no sound whatsoever. I checked my volume, it's not on mute. Is there anything else that might cause this problem?

EDIT:
One thing I DID notice was this: when I turn the volume off, nothing of course. When I turn it up, I can hear the faint sound of the feedback one gets if the volume is turned on. Yet, for some reason, the DUM sound the meter on the volume control (the meter used to adjust the volume) makes isn't making a sound, and I still can't hear anything from my media player, or youtube, not even the clicking sounds of IE. Just the faint feedback that means the volume is on.

EDIT 2:
Also, I have a Gateway laptop and using Windows XP.

Last edited:

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I don't have speakers. Still, usually if my earplugs are unplugged, you can still hear the sounds coming from the computer. Granted, you need speakers to truly hear it in clarity, but it can still be heard. Right now, I'm not hearing sound with OR without my earplugs.
I've checked my volume settings and nothing looks out of the ordinary, so I'm stuck.

EDIT:
O-kay. o_O Restarted my computer and it's working fine now. Not sure how that solved the problem, but I'll take it. xD
So all's good now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back