• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► ~In the Darkness Bind Them~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
:|: In the D.a.r.k.n.e.s.s Bind Them :|:

~*~*~*~*~

Beyond the chaos
Of those you know too well
You lay secreting hate
Towards those you know are real.

Your rage streams like a river,
Flowing back to one person.
The one you loved.
The one who made you
Who you are.

A lie?
A liar?
A godsend?

In the seemingly dark night
You shine in your own grace,
Divine in every way,
Only to find yourself
At road’s end.

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 1: Alone Again

~*~*~*~*~

In a large prairie, illuminated by the silvery orb hanging overhead, were two figures walking hand in hand. The chilly wind was nudging the endless tendrils of greenery up against one another, filling the couples’ ears with a distant brushing sound.

The two were walking on a path of loam just wide enough for the two to walk next to one another. It went straight until it reached the horizon, and the taller of the two figures was sure it went on further from there.
The shorter, and apparently younger of the two figures was a beautiful young girl. She had blonde hair that was overflowing with a silvery radiance in the light of the moon. Her hair was bouncing as she took step after step with her companion, sliding from side to side on the right side of her chest. It partially draped itself over her forehead, but not far enough to hide her eyes.

Her eyes were a light blue that shone even in the black of night, taking the place of the most notable feature of her fair face.

She had on a simple pearly white dress. It had two thin straps across her shoulders to keep it up instead of sleeves, and they fell down to the start of her chest, where the main of the dress started. It raced down her body, curving inwards around the hips, and ending in an almost shredded fashion very high up on her thighs.

On her perfect feet was a pair of sandals of curious make. They had small heels near the end, and thin white straps crossing over her bare feet at two different points, with small bulbs of flowers on the strap nearest her toes.

Her walking partner, however, was nowhere near as easy on the eyes. He towered over the young girl, obviously reaching downwards to grasp her hand.

The man had on an eerily ominous jacket. It hid his entire body, save for his feet, which were resting within a pair of knee-high black boots.

The jacket was made of some kind material that resembled vinyl. Running from the base of the jacket’s neck opening to the center of the bottom was a thick zipper that was only partially zipped, allowing the figure to walk. The man was also wearing a pair of black gloves that felt smooth in the girl’s hand.
The man’s face was hidden under the jacket’s hood, which fell in front his eyes. The hood’s pull strings were ended with odd assortments of trinkets, which gave the entire outfit a dark look.

The girl’s eyebrows were drooped in sad arches, and her lip was quivering as she tried to bite it still. She was staring ahead of her, at the endless path, fighting to keep her eyes off of her companion. As she emitted a soft hiccup, a tear rolled down her cheek.

Her companion’s masked face turned to her, as they continued on.

“You know I will see you again, Namine,” the man said in a deep, hoarse voice that seemed abnormaly light at the moment.
The girl, Namine, looked up at the taller man, her face now gleaming with tears. She spoke in a very light yet sad plea,

“But we need you Riku! We can’t do this without you, and you know it!”

The man now revealed to be named Riku turned to look straight ahead of himself. He spoke in an emotionless whisper, “Yes you can.”

Namine stopped in her tracks and tugged violently on Riku’s hand until he was forced to stop walking as well. She looked up at his hidden face and spoke with desperation, “Okay, let’s just pretend that Ansem and me can do this, that doesn’t mean you can do what you’re planning! You don’t even know where they are! Or even exist, for that matter!”
Riku slipped his hand out of Namine’s own and placed it on her shoulder. Even underneath the tip of his hood, you could tell that his eyes were probably focused on the girl before him. He spoke very sullenly, “Namine, you know I can smell them, especially like this.”

Namine brushed Riku’s tender hand off of her shoulder with the flick of her wrist and spoke to him with her head lying on her chest, “I wish you couldn’t. I won’t watch you waste your life chasing illusions. Goodbye Riku.”

With that remark and no opposition from Riku, Namine turned from her partner and ran down the path they had taken with her hair flying wildly behind her. Although Riku could not see them, tears were slowly sliding out Namine’s eyes.

Riku stood watching the girl run until she was the size of a mouse from his perspective. He then turned on the spot and continued to walk forward, towards the dark horizon.

Riku watched the ground pass beneath his moving feet, and reassured himself in a distant whisper, “They are real,” a short pause, “They are like us.”

As Riku continuously drifted through the grassy fields, Namine scrambled through bush after bush of weeds. She had drifted from the small path some time ago, maybe half an hour, and now felt as if she was truly alone.

The going was tough for her in her high skirt, and the irritable brushing of the thin leaves was irksome on her legs; she would stop time after time to claw at her legs. In her right hand was her pair of sandals, which she had found she could not run in. Her soles were now spotted with an assortment of cuts and bruises that she was finding as annoying as the grass.

She had lost any sort of direction. She was wandering through bush after bush to no avail, and she was getting annoyed. The depressing lonely feeling that was oh-so familiar to her was creeping up on her again.
Ever since she had escaped Castle Oblivion, she had despised being alone. That one meeting with Sora had changed her. Namine was no longer the frail little girl who wouldn’t stand up for herself. She still felt ashamed about what she had done then, and now she had just let her one shot at compensating for her actions slip away.

She wanted to end it all before Sora could wake up, and she could only do that with Riku’s help. Now he was gone, again.

She had missed him dearly for the week he had been gone “fetching” Roxas, as Diz had called it. He was one of her few friends, and her favorite.

She had spoken to Sora for a few brief moments, and all the while tears were brewing in her eyes. She had spoken to Roxas for about three minutes before Diz transported him to his own little fantasy world, and in those moments she had made another friend.

For the first few nights she had spent in Diz’s care, she had bawled her eyes out at the thought of what she had done to Sora.

When Riku eventually joined their little group, he had left a large impact on her. He had heard her sobbing from his room, and one night came to comfort her. He had told her of his little escapades with Sora during his younger days, and had assured her that Sora would forgive her.

Namine lost herself in her memories as she waddled through the clumps of grass, now moving subconsciously. She remembered all of the peaceful times she had spent with Riku, and remembered the pain she had felt in her… heart?

“That’s right, you can’t feel. Don’t delude yourself again; pull it together,” Namine thought, interrupting her reminiscence. The pain she had…“felt” when Riku came back, thinking he was Xehanort’s heartless was unimaginable. She was left speechless. She ran to the room, and accidentally stumbled in on Roxas’s exhausted figure. They talked for the few moments he could retain consciousness, and then were pulled apart by Diz.

And now here she was, lost, alone, and again, saddened. Was it her fate to live out her days to be depressed time after time?

Namine started to slow down. She took a few wavering steps and then fell down stomach first onto the soft greenery below her, crushing and killing the plants. She rested her head on the soft grass and closed her eyes. Despite the annoyance of the feeling of grass on her revealed legs, she managed to relax.

“Hehe… maybe this is what is meant to happen to me. To die before I screw anything else up.”

Namine’s eyes tightened as that thought crossed her mind.

“No! What are you, depressed or something? Suck it up!”

Namine rested until she eventually drifted into a tranquil slumber.

~*~*~*~*~

The hazy outline of a figure moved. The figure was hidden in a heavy fog, leaving only the shaded coloring of the person. The figure was apparently walking… on what?

The enigma swung its arms lazily while it dove deeper into the fog.

After walking for quite a bit, the figure stopped, and spoke with its back turned, but its voice could barely be heard over the gap between them:

Don’t cry, Namine. I’m not too far away

The figure then moved onwards, loosing itself in the hazy fog.

Aside from that, I have the next chapter written (and 3/4 of the one after that), but I would like comments first, thank you (even if they are bad, I don't mind!)

Last edited:

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
YAY! ANONYMOUS POSTED HIS ANOTHER FIC!!! ANONYMOUS POSTED ANOTHER FIC!!!! ANONYMOUS-*is too lazy to write it one more time...xD*

Awsome new fic!=^_^= I can't believe that I couldn't tell that was Namine though! O.O Lol, I'm idiotic!=^_^= But yeah, I guess I'm either very happy, or very hyper!.. Though.. I doubt the hyper part...-_-

Anyway, I like how you wrote it, and, thanks Goldie for heelping him!=^_^= After all, he did say to reconize you!=^_^= Reminds me of a quiz that a girl made, she was sick of all the girl's only stuff, so she made one for guys, and she got someone to help her see a guy's point of view...xD

...O.O I think I sound kind of like you, currently, Goldie...o.o *Sweat* Sorry if I do!

Anyway, quite good writing style!=^_^= I like how you put it in Namine's point of view, and I like the poems!=^_^= All in all, 9/10! Yeah, I kind of got in a habit of sometimes using fractions to rate stuff.....

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Well, I knew you two would post :D (And thanks), but I want a few more reviews.
(Just as a side note, I really hate writing in Namine's point of view >.> Can't wait to finish up with her!)

I doubt I'll update anytime soon (despite it being already written). I just had a really difficult afternoon (was ready to kill quite a few people >:D).

Tao, I laughed at your post. You didn't use correct grammer when you were shouting. Tsk Tsk Tsk.
xD

Meh, I'm feeling down again... I was in such a good mood after getting this up, but my horrible afternoon killed it. >.>

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
Eek! ;-; I wasn't really thinking as straight as I could.. Maybe it was because of the cupcake I baked... But... Saugar doesn't make me hyper...o.o It must be the icing!>.>

Lol, must be annoying to write in a girl's POV, lol.

Wish I could help you! But, what happened?(about what happened to you).

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Err... don't want to spam, so I'll say in the Ficateers thread.
I am in another one of my low self esteem moods again. I really am starting to hate the poem (if you can even call it that >.>).

It's not that Tao, it's just that I am annoyed by the part I gave her (funny thing is I could easily change it xD, but it fits in with the story)...

Okay, no more spam. I want this to be serious... or at least semi... :D

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
39 views... I would like a review, even if it is bad! I want reviews, damn it! >.>
I am so bored right now and-

Wait Goldy, I'm not feeling bad... I'm just annoyed! That makes it sound like I am sad... or something (boy that was oddly timed xD)

-decided to post here. I wanted to say that I will get the next chapter up sometime this week.

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
Okay=^_^= Well, this is my failed attempts at a review...@_@

The writing style is very good, and very intruiging, though I wished it could of been longer... With more description! xD I kind of wish I was more aware of the setting, although you did explain it, and was more in deph with Namine-chan, and that it was longer... Yes.. I like long decriptive chapters.... You kept Namine-chan in good point of view!=^_^=

Keep in mind to make it longer and a little more descriptive! In my opnion, anyway.

~9/10~

My failed attempt at writing a review!>.<

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Thanks Tao, but I sort of meant from other people :D
But I thought I did describe the setting... I said she was in the middle of the field, jumping over bush after bush, before that they were walking on the dirt path to nowhere, and after that... oh! Do you mean the ending? That's supposed to be like that, and if you aren't talking about the ending, I might revise it.

Seriously though, I want to delete the "poem". It is severely annoying me! >.>

And at least two reviews from people other than Tao and Goldy

Golden_x_Heart

Why don't you like the poem? I like it. Plus, if it's going to connect to the story in any stong way, it would probably be good to keep it in there.
You do what you want though. =D
Why don't you PM a few people, asking them to come read and review? I'm sure GoH wouldn't mind, and Katattack said you were literate in your other thread.
So yeah. Bleh. Just some more pathetic advice from Goldie. =D
<3

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Your advice is always welcome Goldie :)
BTW- your sig and avy are nice! I like the avy more... you really have good taste =)

Anyway, the poem does connect to the story VERY strongly, but I do not really like the way it is written... I don't even consider it a poem, just a poor imitation of one.

I geuss I'l pm Kattatack, seeing as the last time I tried GoH her pm box was full... May be a bit wierd... very wierd :D

Gamergirl

Silver Member
hey haven't seen u in a while goldie.
anywayz im really liking this story anonymous . . .i haven't really found any decent rikuXnamine fics . . .or at least it sounds like its going in that direction

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Gamergirl89 said:
hey haven't seen u in a while goldie.
anywayz im really liking this story anonymous . . .i haven't really found any decent rikuXnamine fics . . .or at least it sounds like its going in that direction

No, it's sort of meant to be a "Namine is an annoying emo slut" type of fic :D
Nah, I'm just playing! It really isn't meant to focus around love, but I planned on putting it a side story to go along with it.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Meh, I have odd moments :D

One more review, and I will get the next chapter up.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Hey I raed your Fic and its great..(Tao told me about it)...I gave it a 9.5/10 cuz nothing is perfect for me..XD...anyways I really like the way you write..(it doesnt make me bored)...and I like your poem too..(why dont you...It sounds great)...anyways..I have to go back to killing..I mean "Choping Trees"....I hope you make some more Chapters soon..

Golden_x_Heart

Anonymous said:
Your advice is always welcome Goldie :)
BTW- your sig and avy are nice! I like the avy more... you really have good taste =)

Anyway, the poem does connect to the story VERY strongly, but I do not really like the way it is written... I don't even consider it a poem, just a poor imitation of one.

I geuss I'l pm Kattatack, seeing as the last time I tried GoH her pm box was full... May be a bit wierd... very wierd :D
Thanks! I've been in a "Rent-y" mood lately, which is why I got the avi, along with the "Measure your life in love" quote at the bottom of my sig. =D
Anyway, if you don't like the way the poem is written, how about rewrite it then repost it?
I don't think PMing people is wierd - I mean, that's how I got interested in K&S's fic. Speaking of which, I haven't seen her in the longest time...
Off subject, sorry. =D
It's nice to see you too, GG! Yeah, I was kinda MIA for a little bit, wasn't I?
Tao, there was totally a point for you doing that. Pointing is intimidating, therefore I will point with you.
: points threateningly at Anon along with Tao : HUZZAH!
<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back