• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"In the distant past, sleep gives way to hidden truth."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crossroads

A hidden truth?

Well we know Xehanort was asleep when Ansem the Wise found him.
What could be this hidden truth? What could be so important?

Ideas?

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Hidden truth could mean a bunch of things...

My guesses are the following:

1. Xehanort's true identity

2. Sora was always meant to get the Kingdom Key (I mentioned it before, but I don't think I've ever put it down in a single and committed thread to it)

But that's just me. LOL

C

Crossroads

Hidden truth could mean a bunch of things...

My guesses are the following:

1. Xehanort's true identity

2. Sora was always meant to get the Kingdom Key (I mentioned it before, but I don't think I've ever put it down in a single and committed thread to it)

But that's just me. LOL

Maybe on Xehanort's true identity. But the word 'hidden' made me feel as though someone deliberately sealed the truth away or something.

As for Sora always being meant to get the Kingdom Key, I think it's been pretty much established that is was meant for Riku.

Perhaps another key somewhere was meant for Sora?

State

Awards
Maybe on Xehanort's true identity. But the word 'hidden' made me feel as though someone deliberately sealed the truth away or something.
Mickey.
As for Sora always being meant to get the Kingdom Key, I think it's been pretty much established that is was meant for Riku.
Terra (Lingering Sentiment) wanted to give his keyblade to Sora, but Riku ended up getting Ven's Way to Dawn.
Aqua's Dark Kingdom Key or Ven's Way to Dawn.

Theart

Awards

It was this idea that Terra made the mistake of thinking that he could choose the Keyblade's next master, picked Riku, told Maleficent about it, but Sora was choosen by the Keyblade as it is the Keyblade that chooses its master. But as Terra had choosen Riku, the Keyblade went to Riku after Maleficent told him. Besides, how would she know he was meant to get a Keyblade if Terra hadn't told her about Riku? LOL

Possible, but who knows? LOL

C

Crossroads

It was this idea that Terra made the mistake of thinking that he could choose the Keyblade's next master, picked Riku, told Maleficent about it, but Sora was choosen by the Keyblade as it is the Keyblade that chooses its master. But as Terra had choosen Riku, the Keyblade went to Riku after Maleficent told him. Besides, how would she know he was meant to get a Keyblade if Terra hadn't told her about Riku? LOL

Possible, but who knows? LOL

TRUE!!
She had to have known because of Terra! And then she told AnsemSoD and they set up the plan to use his abilities to open the door.

State

Awards
TRUE!!
She had to have known because of Terra! And then she told AnsemSoD and they set up the plan to use his abilities to open the door.
I never understood this, were Maleficent and Ansem SoD associated in some way? I always though she though Rikunort was Riku.

C

Crossroads

I never understood this, were Maleficent and Ansem SoD associated in some way? I always though she though Rikunort was Riku.

I don't remember that scene too well. I think she was probably surprised that he stabbed her with the Dark Keyblade. haha

Theart

Awards
I always figured she sensed something was different about Riku, but just didn't care. LOL But again, that's just me.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
TRUE!!

Um... Maleficent was never associated with Ansem SoD, she didn't even realize that it was him possessing Riku or who Ansem SoD was to begin with. The plans to open the door were probably something she conceived on her own or with the help of MX since she was just finishing her search for the 7 PoH during KH1.

Though you can't deny that Ansem SoD was using her from the start. Just not directly until the final acts of the game.

C

Crossroads

Um... Maleficent was never associated with Ansem SoD, she didn't even realize that it was him possessing Riku or who Ansem SoD was to begin with. The plans to open the door were probably something she conceived on her own or with the help of MX since she was just finishing her search for the 7 PoH during KH1.

Though you can't deny that Ansem SoD was using her from the start. Just not directly until the final acts of the game.

Oh I see.

I thought she was working with Terra?

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Well I only listed that as a possibility, though it's not to hard to imagine her using Terra just like she used Riku and MX working in the background or with her directly. It's in the air, but history tends to repeat itself.

C

Crossroads

Well I only listed that as a possibility, though it's not to hard to imagine her using Terra just like she used Riku and MX working in the background or with her directly. It's in the air, but history tends to repeat itself.

True, true.

Also, seeing how it's being hinted at that Terra gave the Kingdom Key to Riku makes it even more likely that that is the case.

Jfighter

&Conquer

I doubt it. That has been done way too many times. Also, for it to be successful, the character always has to feel doubt in themselves. Sora had no doubts about the keyblade after he took the KK back from Riku and in KH2, so it would be an unsuccessful ploy.

"Sleep gives way to Hidden Truth". Is sounds like a complex riddle. Perhaps somebody will discover something through a dream, or the Unbirths. Birth By Sleep is the title and theme. Once we know who lives by sleep (assumed Unbirths), then we will know how to find the Hidden Truth. It could be about Xehanort (well, it probably is).

KageChronicle

&Conquer

I doubt it. That has been done way too many times. Also, for it to be successful, the character always has to feel doubt in themselves. Sora had no doubts about the keyblade after he took the KK back from Riku and in KH2, so it would be an unsuccessful ploy.

"Sleep gives way to Hidden Truth". Is sounds like a complex riddle. Perhaps somebody will discover something through a dream, or the Unbirths. Birth By Sleep is the title and theme. Once we know who lives by sleep (assumed Unbirths), then we will know how to find the Hidden Truth. It could be about Xehanort (well, it probably is).
Indeed it does sound like a complex riddle. Though it could be Xehanort and the Unbirths both. Maybe a connection? I'm new here so I don't know alot about BBS.

C

Crossroads

You know I always thought the unbirths would be destroyed in Birth by Sleep. Now I'm thinking they might have been sealed away.

C

Crossroads

I thought nomura said they didn't exist anymore?

Did he say that? Well okay then back to my original thought that they were destroyed. haha
I love how "Nomura says" seems to pop up when you want to disprove something, but never when you want to figure something out. lol

devastater147

yea it kinda of sucks but there's talk during the previous games there were a couple thought to be unbirths before KH2

Key of Valor

The Professor
Crossroads said:
A hidden truth?

Well we know Xehanort was asleep when Ansem the Wise found him.
What could be this hidden truth? What could be so important?

Ideas?

When it comes to the phrase "In the distant past, sleep gives way to hidden truth."
I see it either meaning

A) Sleep reveals a hidden truth, or

B) Sleep makes a truth become hidden.

Seeing how the happenings of BBS seem to be unknown to the characters of the current installments,
I feel that option B is the accurate meaning, that Sleep made the truth become hidden.

As for the nature of this truth, I would just speculate that to be "The truth of past heroes of the
Keyblade and Xehanort's past".

As for this "Sleep" mentioned, I find the word "Sleep as something associated to a concept introduced
in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories 'Reverse/Rebirth'. Throughout that game, primarily in the opening
scene, DiZ describes the state of an empty heart as a state of "Sleep". Throughout all of CoM even,
traits of an empty heart is mentioned now and then.

-heart rejecting/expelling most of light and darkness
-inability to feel or care
-lose memories
-only retain remnants of memories of darkness and those associated to darkness
-safety from the heart being overwhelmed by darkness (retain sense of self/intelligence?)

I personally believe that one or more individuals from BBS have their hearts become
empty and receive characteristics much like these. By their heart/hearts falling into this
"State of Sleep" I believe memories of the journey disappear, witnesses of the past
vanish, and the truth of Xehanort's past and the legacy of previous Keyblade wielders
become hidden, or rather... lost.

The truth is lost in slumber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back