• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

In this new saga, Which of the main characters do you predict will play a pivotal role? and who will take a slight backseat?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
Mostly talking about these 9 main characters (cause the other characters such as Sora, Riku, Mickey, Donald, and Goofy will obviously be active and play an important role).
6B083DAB-CEA2-41E1-8C69-CFAC7179C499.jpeg

36EA209F-7324-4387-A820-B60EF6767480.jpeg

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Isa and Lea have to try and find Subject X so I'm sure they'll have stuff to do in the next chapter. Since Xion and Roxas are their best friends and would certainly help in any way they can they should get some importance as well.

And Ventus is connected to Chi and has one of the thirteen darkness in him (which could lead to Vanitas returning). He definitely won't take a backseat

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I really just expect a little for Lea and Isa beyond Sora and Riku, just because of the unresolved plot with the mystery girl. Even those two, I don't expect to be playable. Anything with these background characters can usually be shown in cutscenes, I expect Sora and Riku will be the playable characters most of the time now. Maybe Yozora might get his own spinoff though considering how much Nomura is obsessed by him, who knows.

AR829038

Awards
I'm hoping Lea will have less a role, not only because I think his character (much like Roxas) is WAY overplayed at this point, but I also think there's going to end up being controversy with him because of the creepy shit his English VA has been doing. I imagine they're either going to ignore that stuff and keep him on, in which case I'm constantly going to be thinking about that stuff whenever I hear Lea speak, or else they'll recast him, in which case it will feel really weird. Obviously, this wouldn't affect the Japanese release, so it shouldn't have an effect on how much screen time Lea gets going forward, but these are the issues that the English localizers are going to have to contend with.
To be honest, I want most of these characters to just sit back and relax for a while. I don't want any of them to just be sidelined, and I think there's definitely stuff for each of them to do, but I also want the series to feel free and open enough to branch out and introduce a bunch of new characters. It's going to feel really silly if we enter this wide open new saga with multiverse jumping and all this crazy stuff, and yet have everything still revolve around the same core cast of characters from the last saga. I mean, I love these characters as much the next fan, but the series desperately needs a break from the Sea-Salt/Wayfinder trios being at the center of the narrative.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't expect Roxas and Xion to have much presence, since the only thing that ties them to the ongoing subplots is the friendship with people who are relevant. Since they, as far as we can tell, serve no purpose, I think it's best that they be relegated to the background or straight up retired. Personally, I think it set a bad enough precedent that their entire trio circumvented earlier retirement based solely on their popularity. We've seen what it's done to Axel, think we should spare Roxas and Xion from going down that road.

Lea is unclear for me. Nomura did say he has a story to tell with Isa and Subject X, but I don't know if the passing of Keiji Fujiwara may have impacted those plans. I think Isa could very well go on that adventure without him. Plus, I'd rather the English VA not return for him after all that creepy shit that's been exposed.

Ven obviously has his ties to UX so he's a shoe-in. Dunno how much Aqua mentoring Kairi will factor in; it's possible that all of that happens entirely offscreen. But with two of the three active, I can't imagine they'd ditch Terra either. I also suspect that whatever happens in Missing-Link may give them further reasons to stick around, since legacies and bloodlines are starting to play a big role.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Xion should totally have a moment where she finds out about the Book of Prophecies and decides that she doesn’t want to be bound by someone else’s narrative. Maybe she meets a character that feels the same and they work together to free everyone from their fates

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Xion should totally have a moment where she finds out about the Book of Prophecies and decides that she doesn’t want to be bound by someone else’s narrative. Maybe she meets a character that feels the same and they work together to free everyone from their fates
Isn't that basically what that recusant sigil scene in Remind was about?

Sonofjafar

Awards
Isn't that basically what that recusant sigil scene in Remind was about?
True but in this case, I’m thinking more about how everyone is technically playing under the MoM’s rules and how Xion might not want that considering she’s already been a puppet for one side.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I could see Roxas getting mistaken for Ventus by one of the fortellers

imagine a Parent Trap scenario where Roxas pretends to be Ventus to save Ven from the fortellers kidnapping him

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I could see Roxas getting mistaken for Ventus by one of the fortellers

The fact that their most distinguishing feature is a hairdo that's been around since the age of fairytales is laughable. Someone at SE, please change this for at least ONE of these guys their next appearance. Not opposed to this btw, especially if someone happens on a photo of Roxas with the TT gang, for example.

But yeah, I feel like Ventus, specifically, is a shoe-in. (& hopefully Chirithy!)

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
but I also think there's going to end up being controversy with him because of the creepy shit his English VA has been doing.

Granted I don't know the whole story about everything, but wasn't there actually a court trial where it was determined that the person making the accusations was actually a stalker and making it up? I've just heard from a number of sources that he was actually innocent of a lot of the negative things that were said about him.

If that is the case I assume there wouldn't be any issue in him continuing to work as his role?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Oh, wow, I hadn't heard anything about it. I'd have to read more about it, but if it turned out to be a Johnny Depp situation, then I agree he shouldn't be fired. So it's different from Drake Bell, who was actually found guilty?

That said, I don't think all that stuff even if it were / had been true will affect what would happen with the character itself. For one, this concerns the English voice actor, which Nomura and the Japan-centric KH crew couldn't care less about, I'm guessing; if it was the Japanese VA, that might've affected Axel's portrayal perhaps since they're more attuned to the Japanese social media reaction perhaps? And, anyway, one VA is easily replaced, the character has nothing to do with it.

That said, my opinion is still that none of the characters will be in the driver's seat beyond Riku, Sora, or perhaps Yozora (and--who knows--Yozora could be an AU version of Riku or Sora with the way this series has a tendency for its new characters to be iterations of Sora, so same thing).

Back