• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

: [incentive of incineration] : an open challenge

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist
[OOC] Non-continuum. No judges. Basic roleplaying and challenge rules apply. And before you go all 'OMGZ LIEK MANIFEST!!' on me, I have been toying with this concept for quite some time. And you all know how literate Absolution_Fear is... haha, I joke, but I am literate enough, I suppose. And without further OOC I present to you, the newest Manifest as of now, the Manifest of Illusion. Test my character out! plz?

: [name] :
Sofie Arlet.​
: [age] :
Undetermined past post-mortem. Age of death: 32.​
: [gender] :
Female.​
: [title] :
Sofie has been denoted many positive and negative nicknames, including 'Missy', 'Lilah'', 'Illusionist', 'the freaky girl', and 'bitch'. However, as an official title, Lilah has adapted to and preferred 'The Deceptress' and 'The Malicious Torturer'.​

: [appearance] :
Sofie's natural form takes on a naive visage, contrary to her personality and a wise guess would measure her external appearance to be no less than nineteen years mortally. With no extraordinary physical traits, Sofie is a straight-haired brunette, with complementary hazel eyes brimming with life and feist. She stands at an unusually tall height of 5'9", and takes on a slim but medium fit build. Her hazel eyes are reminiscent to an Al Bhed's, with spiraled pupils overlying the hazel hue that somehow seem to interpret everything they focus on.

Her clothes vary due to her illusionist powers, though they are formed from a basis- a simple white silk dress above a pair of faded grey jeans, complemented by sleek black and white tennis shoes. These clothes are rarely seen, however, as they are the variable to take on different forms.​

: [persona] :
Illusory ability has definitely made an impact on Sofie's personality. Sofie finds it hard to trust newlymet acquaintances, yet she can work with others if needed. Impatient and boisterous, the illusionist will do anything within her natural comfortability to achieve her own agenda, as she rarely chases after things without having some extensive knowledge. Cynical and serious to a fault, it is hard to work with her due to her selfish tendencies, but if you get close enough to her she becomes very vulnerable and easy to manipulate, despite being manipulative herself.

Hardened emotionally on the outside but tender within, Sofie has no trouble throwing aside her emotions for the better outcome. The problem with her persona, is the ability to be harsh and misunderstanding towards others, even if they are her allies. The illusions have disillusioned her sympathy, as she cannot bring herself to see something in another's eyes, constantly being a hard-head. However, the positive aspect of this is that it is hard for her to become emotionally attached. Deceiving, Sofie is able to act under any personality with relative ease, an effective tool when coupled with an illusion.​

: [abilities] :
//illusion]
Being the Manifest of Illusion, Sofie is bestowed with all the aspects of manipulating trickery, as she is able to deceive the five senses [sight, hearing, smell, touch, taste] as well as able to trick the mind by projecting foreign thoughts into the brain. Depending on the mentality and mood of the target, Sofie's illusions may be cast aside, though this requires self-belief and strong conviction. Her illusions are capable of distorting a mind's ability to comprehend reality, which effectively turns them insane. Each illusion is almost perfect with little flaw, and may even trick the brain to achieve its intended purpose [i.e. illusion of being stabbed might actually make the person die].

Visual illusions are only applied to things Sofie has seen, imagined, or subconsciously exposed to. Hearing illusions can be utilized if Sofie has heard an example of the sound before, and smell and taste illusions apply only to Sofie's exposure of the specific sense. Simultaneous illusions can result in an actual replica of an intended object [i.e. illusion of a complete being, for example Superman, and the ability to hear, see, touch, and smell him], though they cannot physically hurt a being unless the being mentally believes the illusion.

//agility]
Though not explicitly explained, the Deceptress possesses superhuman acceleration at lightspeed levels. When illusion doesn't work, Sofie relies on this overpowering speed as an extra edge, or to be used as an emergency flee. The ability actually manifests as an instantaneous shift from location A to location B through a surge of kinetic energy in Sofie. Coupled with martial arts, Sofie can shift kinetic energy in her fists and legs to do some serious superspeed jabs and kicks. Its range depends on the current stamina of Sofie, as well as if there are obstacles that can hinder the speed of light. Extensive use of this ability can burden the illusionist in the form of traumatic strenous aches in affected areas, unfortunately.

//precognitive vibes]
An ability to use psyche in order to receive vague "vibes" in an omnipresent manner. Sofie has no masterful control of this particular power, so it is only in various situations that her 'psyche' is activated. When so, the illusionist is in no trance nor does she see a vision, but is entirely conscious and aware of this transition. As an extra-sensory perception, Sofie can detect upcoming presences or attacks that directly interfere with her. When possessing these vibes, a surge of psionic energy president Sofie's mind, suggesting that perhaps she can project her vibes into a visual representation, such as a sketch drawn while in this mood.

: [history] :

The world is merely a fragment of the omniverse, a sparkle within a sea of stars. It is a fragile reality, and when you look upon it when you've seen so much more, you find yourself laughing at the fact that you once lived there, so blissfully unaware of the huge world around you, believing that reality revolved around you. I was that person, so naive in knowledge. My mortal name was Sofie Arlet. Mortality isn't a past I fondly remember, and throughout my adventure in life I find my mortal years to be too trivial to be recounted.
[still in re-writing]​

: [theme song] :
Undecided.​

[OOC] BTW! Will elaborate on location and such when someone respondz! xD

Last edited:

Ashes Remnant

It's All Crazy! It's All False!
I'll fight you.... This'll be an ironic battle.

-BASIC-
Name: May
Title: V

Species: Reaper
Birth Place: May was made from the planes of the omniverse... Spanning from the balance plane, to almost every plane.

-PERSONALITY-
???

-APPEARANCE-
???

-BIO-
The thirteen reapers were created as a safeguard. If the population of the omniverse became too large, than the reapers would be unleashed. The reapers killed all life they could before 'End' wakes completely. They have no history.

-ABILITIES AND WEAPONS-

Reaper- With being a reaper, many abilities come. They are that:

They have no soul, and no mind. They just exist.

Since they were born in the planes, they may move through them freely.

May- His 'abilities' have never been seen in combat. Those who have ever seen him have seen him fight alongside with demons, and monsters of terrible power...

-OTHER-

Quote: “..."

Ashes Remnant

It's All Crazy! It's All False!
A planet, somewhere in the universe. It orbited around a solitary sun. It was the only planet in the solar system as well. The planet's surface could not be seen from space, as a looming dark cloud surrounded the entire world. Lightning could be seen from space even, for the storm was so severe. On the surface was a ravaged civilization. Their buildings were large, and spiked around the tip. The buildings look as if they were grown rather than built.

A single being stood on top of one of the flat tops. He looked out over the ravaged landscape. The building he was on seemed to pulse underneath him. Even though it was dark, he clearly saw it all... As lightning rang out, it illuminated the city. Bodies... Bodies everywhere... There was one left to kill here.

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist
//00C] Was that a post? BTW, Sofie isn't a Manifest anymore. Just realized at the peak of my idiocy that following the mainstream was an immature move to make. She's basically a normal illusionist, brought back to life after her untimely death. Kinda cliche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back