• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Inchoate Reflection (Kingdom Hearts)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
If you wanted to bring Xion in, i think making her a creation of DiZ would yield better results than just making her of the Organization already.

I guess that would at least make more sense (or: make the story more diverse), but I'm generally conflicted by the idea of adding a character to create extra drama and then just letting them disappear without a trace at the end of it all. :l

D

Deleted member 246005

I guess that would at least make more sense (or: make the story more diverse), but I'm generally conflicted by the idea of adding a character to create extra drama and then just letting them disappear without a trace at the end of it all. :l

You dont have to make that same choice tho. You could choose to have people remember her at the end if you wanted to.

Same way that if you wanted, Kairi could spend the year with Leon and Co on hollow bastion instead of Destiny Islands.

Its now your story and your choice.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
You dont have to make that same choice tho. You could choose to have people remember her at the end if you wanted to.

Same way that if you wanted, Kairi could spend the year with Leon and Co on hollow bastion instead of Destiny Islands.

Its now your story and your choice.

You're definitely right about that. However, I want the story to be able to blend into KH2, which will be rather difficult if people remember Xion or if Kairi is somewhere else than the islands.

The main reason I found it rather hard to implement Xion is the fact that there are already so many characters who need focus in this story and giving them all proper "screentime" only gets harder with more characters.

However, I still appreciate the suggestions and interest in where this is going! ;)

D

Deleted member 246005

it's fine.

best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Wow, this one didn't even take a month. I'm almost impressed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7: Beginnings

It was weird, going back to the headquarters as if nothing had happened, even though Roxas knew he had just now entirely dismissed his entire affiliation to any of them.

He was through with being used by people he didn't even feel like he should know.
Riku had been surprisingly patient with him. Not exactly big on cheering him up, mind you, but understanding and willing to at least consider him telling the truth – realizing that, really, why would he lie?
They had parted ways rather weirdly, each of them stuck with their own trust issues and no real plan what to do now. For the most part, Roxas would probably wait, go back to writing in his diary and collect as many hearts as needed to not be suspicious.
Riku had said that he would ask Naminé about what they should do now, although apparently it was hard to get to her without that Diz-guy around. Roxas already hated him with a deep passion.
But even if he had to wait, this was a lot better than nothing. At least one less person was trying to get the best of him, and he started to believe that the Organization still needed him too much to just obliterate him – otherwise, why hadn't they already done that?

It took days until he realized that Axel hadn't been around at all lately. Or maybe he had, and Roxas just hadn't seen him, but that wasn't too likely. He had carried out his missions as thoroughly as possible, and spent the rest of his days in the headquarters mostly.
On one hand, Riku had said he probably wouldn't be successful with anything too soon, but if Roxas were to be honest to himself, he was just scared. What if he did meet Naminé, and all she'd have to tell him was “You're going to vanish once Sora returns”? He didn't think he was ready to hear something like that – he didn't think he would ever be.
So hiding in his room – from the Organization, from Axel and his crumbling friendship and from the truths Riku would confront him with one day or another – had been the only logical thing to him.
Today makes 96, Roxas started writing in his journal, and listed the events of the day in it. He'd been fighting a few rather strong heartless, and with each passing day, he noticed how he was getting a lot stronger by doing so. Things that he wouldn't have considered facing months ago suddenly felt so weirdly easy.
Of course he didn't mind that, at all, because it meant that if he ended up having to fight for his life, he would at least stand a small chance, depending on who his final opponent was going to be. He surely wasn't going to go down without a fight.

There was a surprise waiting for him the next time he went to visit the Destiny Islands. Not only was he lucky enough to encounter Riku there – Kairi was present, too.
“You two made up?” Roxas found himself asking a bit sheepishly while approaching, which caused Kairi to jump up and walk over to him with the hugest smile on her face. Somehow, it made him happy to see her like that, and it wasn't only because of how much she meant to Sora.
“It's been a toughie, but I'm not one to give up so easily!”
She started mumbling quietly so Riku couldn't hear.
“I didn't get too much out of him yet, though.”
Roxas chuckled a bit at that, since he hadn't, either. It was a bit weird to be with them here, as if he was trying to replace Sora – which he wasn't. His mind was flooded by memories of sitting right here, on the paopu tree, smiling as the sun rose and set every single day, wondering if…
He reached for his head because the though gave him a severe headache. Was this feeling his or Sora's?
The thought of there having to be a greater purpose in life than spending each and every day doing the same things all over, unaware if it would eventually even mean anything. It felt like it was Sora's memory, but it also applied well to how Roxas was feeling about himself.
“Are you alright?”
“Yeah. I...I'm...”
“I managed to talk to Naminé.”
Riku spoke for the first time, and he didn't bother turning around. For whatever reason, he was still wearing the coat's hood, as if he was hiding something from the rest of them. But there was no reason to, right?
While being eager to know what this meant, Roxas was also scared, and not sure if he should ask to hear more. The chance of it being what he didn't want to hear was too big, and there would be no going back. He watched Kairi raise an eyebrow, because this was surely news to her, and Riku hadn't let her in on what was going on.
“She said, given enough time…she might be able to untangle Sora's memories from yours.”
That…didn't help at all, somehow. It meant that he wasn't just leftovers of what Sora had been, sure, but it still didn't explain what would happen to him if Naminé managed to do that.
“What about…me?”
“She doesn't know yet. But if what you said to me is true, maybe you really do have your own heart. If that is true, you should be able to live on even if Sora returns. However...”
Of course there has to be a restriction, Roxas thought. Why would anything ever be easy?
“Naminé still hasn't finished bringing the memories of Sora that he still has in the right order. And when she has, she would have to work on yours as well.”
“So?”
“Diz won't allow that.”
Diz…Diz! Just hearing that name made Roxas indescribably mad. Who was that guy and why was he so eager on destroying everything? They hadn't even ever met, and none of what Roxas remembered about Sora rang a bell about the name.
“What have I ever done to him?! It's not-”
“He simply doesn't care about you. And retrieving Sora's memories from you like that would take significantly longer than just...”
Riku fell silent. Maybe he didn't want to say it out loud because Kairi was here, or maybe he at least had that level of decency in him. After all, he didn't seem to care about Nobodies much either, at least he hadn't shown signs of genuine care for Naminé, yet. Whatever it was, it was maddening. If he planned to go through with his original plan, then he could at least admit it.
“Oh, just say it! Longer than just obliterating me, because my life has no meaning in the face of Sora's! Is that it?!”
“Exactly.”
The obnoxity of Riku not having even the slightest care made Roxas want to scream, cry and fight. What did it matter if he lost, if the only people he hoped he could trust either couldn't help him or simply didn't care?!
“Riku, don't say something like that.”
“But it's true, Kairi. Would you really pick him over Sora?”
She looked shocked and shook her head. Of course she wouldn't. After all Sora was her childhood friend, and Roxas was just…
Just a Nobody.
“I would never pick anyone over Sora. But I won't approve of you taking someone's life to wake him up, either. Especially if there is another way.”
Finally, finally Riku lost his annoying cool and got up from the tree as well to face them. It was a bit weird, how Kairi seemed to be standing between them, as if she was trying to keep them from fighting. She was too nice for her own good.
“It's alright, Kairi”, Roxas found himself saying. “If he wants a fight, let him bring it.”
She didn't move, didn't even answer, seemingly determined on not letting them fight, but that didn't stop Riku from getting closer and slightly shoving her out of the way. He was visibly mad, but instead of going for a fight, he just grabbed Roxas's coat by the neck and pulled him in close enough that it was scary.
“Don't you dare give me that,” Riku started, sounding more hurt than angry.
“If I had this the way I want, none of this would have even happened to Sora. If I could, I would just knock you out right now and force you to return to him.”
“Do it then, you coward!”
He threw Roxas to the ground roughly and clenched his fists. Whatever he had been hiding all this time was finally surfacing, and somehow, it wasn't as pleasing to see him suffer as Roxas wished it were.
“I can't. Whenever I try…I don't care if you're doing this on purpose, but you are. My memories, my feelings that should be for Sora…they're getting messed up, more and more with each passing day. Kairi feels it, too, even though she doesn't blame you.”
“It's not his fault!”
“I don't care whose fault it is! Do you want to wait for the day when we don't even remember his name anymore?”
“No, of course not! But if this girl says she has a plan, we just need to get her somewhere safe so she can work on that!”
Roxas stopped listening and sat up a bit. Their memories were getting…messed up? So he wasn't the only one who didn't know what was right and what was wrong anymore, then.
“Please, stop fighting,” he eventually said and cause them to both look at him. This was the last thing he wanted. Even if he obviously didn't do it on purpose, he was the one keeping Sora from them already. Being responsible for them fighting as well…no, he just couldn't. He pulled himself up to his feet and wiped some sand off of his coat.
“You're right, Riku. I shouldn't have these memories, and my existence shouldn't mess with both of yours. But I can't change it, and I hope you don't expect me to just give up and let you take my life.”
“I don't.”
Riku sighed and turned back to the setting sun, as if it reminded him of something that mattered.
“But if we can't find a way for Naminé to work on your memories without Diz interfering, I won't have a choice. No hard feelings, but if it's between you and Sora, you know I won't hesitate.”
And even though it hurt, somewhere deep in his heart, in ways that he wouldn't have been able to explain – Roxas just nodded. Because he could never live up to be as good or valuable as Sora. He would never mean the same to anyone, or be someone's priority if they had to choose.
“Of course you won't.”

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Mmmm a good chapter, such conflicting feels for everyone. I love how Riku is being all hmph I don't care but he actually went through the trouble to get to Namine to talk things out preeetty fast. He totally cares. I see you caring, boy. Just gotta eliminate Diz now. Stab the fucker. And then Xemnas falls on his face and loses his memory and stops bullying everyone and moves to Disney Town to become a professional cart racer. Demyx starts a band, Saix goes to anger management class and everyone is happy. Also Roxas marries his bf the end.

I really like the Riku&Kairi&Roxas interactions here, it's such a shame these three never got any time together, would have been super interesting D: Can't wait to see where this goes! I wonder, will it make it to 1 year anniversary? That might call for some celebration art.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Mmmm a good chapter, such conflicting feels for everyone. I love how Riku is being all hmph I don't care but he actually went through the trouble to get to Namine to talk things out preeetty fast. He totally cares. I see you caring, boy. Just gotta eliminate Diz now. Stab the diddlyer. And then Xemnas falls on his face and loses his memory and stops bullying everyone and moves to Disney Town to become a professional cart racer. Demyx starts a band, Saix goes to anger management class and everyone is happy. Also Roxas marries his bf the end.

I approve of all of this.

I really like the Riku&Kairi&Roxas interactions here, it's such a shame these three never got any time together, would have been super interesting D: Can't wait to see where this goes! I wonder, will it make it to 1 year anniversary? That might call for some celebration art.

Lmao you know me, this story will probably take me ten years to finish at my pace.
Hmmm.
Ten anniversary celebrations...might be worth it.

Awards
Oh my gosh! This has been so awesome so far(I'm on chapter 4)!!!!! But, I died a little inside when Roxas found out that everyone was erased at CO! 1) Axel is my favorite character 2) Days is my fav storyline 3) you worded this so well I could really feel his pain. Can't wait to finish this!!!

Awards
“Obliterated? What are you talking about?!”
Just the thought of Saïx's arrogant, self-righteous face made him want to destroy something, but he didn't. None of the things in his room were actually his own belongings, but nonetheless the only ones he could call his.
“Do I need to repeat myself? The members who have been sent on a special mission have been struck down and erased in battle. That is all you must know.”
“It's not! You're lying! Tell me where they were! Tell me what happened!”
But Saïx had ignored him and disappeared. Roxas was unable to cope with what was going on in his head. While his rationality tried to make him understand that he was a nobody, thus not supposed to feel any kind of emotion, his heart – or the spot where it should be – spat out hatred and anger like a blazing fire, causing him to punch the wall right next to his room's door, even though he knew it wouldn't change a thing.
“Axel...you didn't die, did you? You couldn't have...”
There was nothing he cared less about right now than collecting hearts, so he did the thing that felt most natural and went to their usual spot, the clock tower in the world of constant afterglow.
Here's the scene. Felt like I needed to add it! :)

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
It's painful to see Roxas have that falling out with Axel. Even worse, knowing his life would still be forfeit to bring Sora back. However, I like the truce between him and Riku going on for right now. And Kairi getting a whole lot of input is really nice too. It's sad that his existence, including Sora's memories are wreaking havoc on those closest to him. I think if Sora could have it his way, he'd find a way to let Roxas exist alongside him. Sora is too happy go lucky to let anything happen to his friends. And it's obvious Riku can't resist his feelings about Roxas; he's starting to see him as his own person, and cares about him. Just like Kairi does. On the other hand, Roxas being hugged by Kairi was my favorite part in the previous chapter before the latest one. I wish Roxas could be reassured that things would be okay. Overall, I enjoyed all three chapters, VoidGear. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back