• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Inevitable

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
Okay, so this is the newest story that i've been working on and I figured I'd post it on here and hopefully get some feedback. It can also be found one wattpad.com.

What are you supposed to do when the worst enemy you've ever faced is...yourself?

Inevitable.

Chapter One:
Glimpse

Jericho.

People of the world don’t like to think that their lives are set in stone. They hate the idea of not being able to fight fate. The idea that a certain thing is going to happen and there’s nothing you can do to stop it. People like to think that they always have the power to change things as long as they believe hard enough. Like in a children's movie.
I never believed in things like destiny. It was impossible for the future to be set in stone I thought and that if you fought hard enough you could change it.

Of course these beliefs would come back to bite me.

My name is Jericho. Jericho Henry. I’m from the boring town known to the rest of the world as Swansboro North Carolina. Everyone calls it the friendly city by the sea since we’re right next to the Atlantic Ocean but in all reality things aren’t too friendly here. Its not that I hate my little town but i’ve had to deal with psychopath in all shapes and sizes, mythical creatures and all sorts of unfriendly things for the last five years and when your life is constantly on the line because somebody somewhere did something selfish, stupid or ignorant then you won’t think your town is 'friendly’ either. I mean come on! I’m only a junior in high school and yet i’ve done more fighting and negotiating than most adults. Its stupid. Ridiculous even! Its not surprising so many freaks and weirdos want to burn the town to the ground because they probably did something to cause it.

Now you might think, so far, that i’m nothing more than a cynical complainer and this entire story is just going to be me bashing one thing or another. Well your about half right. At this moment I am quite cynical and bitter about the various things that have happened to me up until this point. As for the whole story being this way? Don’t worry, i’m just foreshadowing some stuff. You’ll see where i’m going with this.

So, this little story begins in a auditorium at my school. The school itself isn’t small, but it isn’t very big either. The colors are all some sort of white or blue and if you were to imagine some sort of stereotypical high school then you’ve got the picture of what mine looks like. The auditorium in question can hold all six hundred of us but its a tight fit. I was sitting in the middle of everything. Not in the back where the kids are playing on their phones and making fun of our principal, not in the front where everyone is paying close attention to what the woman is saying, eating it all up like candy. I’m in the middle with the kids who just don’t care enough to pay attention but at the same time can catch enough to get the gist of what we’ve been dragged here for.

In this case, to be lectured about damages to the school. Recent ones caused by a wild animal being let loose in the halls.

I wasn’t paying too much attention because I was very familiar with the wild animal. It was a werewolf who had come to make me suffer for ruining its school life and thwarting its plans to rule over all of the humans with my best friend as his mate.

You know how I mentioned i’ve been fighting off all sorts of psychopaths and fiends and the like? Most of them are connected to my best friend in some way. Magnet for trouble she is.

The brown haired girl in question was sitting next to me, emerald eyes focused on the principal (who was droning on about safety last I checked) and nibbling her bottom lip in worry that I would be drawn into the incident and expelled from the school. Her name was Alexandra Kent. Alex for short. I grinned at the worrywart and nudged her.

“Why so serious?” I hissed. We’d been watching batman the night before.

She narrowed her eyes at me “Shh! Do you know what they’ll do to you if they find out you were involved with this? The entire hall was trashed and covered in blood!”

She wasn’t even exaggerating. I’d had a little too much fun killing the little furry bastard. Alex was also convinced that killing these things was going to push me down some sort of path of darkness. But come on. I’m not Darth Vader or anything. In fact i’m a very upstanding citizen!

But none the less I hushed. I wanted her in a good mood after all. I had every intention of asking her to the winter ball later and I didn’t want to start a pointless argument. Not that we argued very much. I’ve been in love with this girl for as long as I can remember and any disagreement we have tends to end with her victory.

No, this isn’t a romance either. Really, i’m going somewhere with all of this.

So for twenty more minutes we sat there and listened to principal Andre warn us about what was and was not allowed in school, proper wild animal precaution tactics and the possible cancellation of the winter ball. I was about to drop off into a nice, blissful sleep. Its not like any of this crap applied to me or anythi....what was that last part?

“If the school hasn’t been deemed safe by the local animal control department then all after school events, like the winter ball, will be canceled” Andre said. The students were in an uproar and I was one of the loudest. I mean who in the hell did she think she was?! The school was plenty safe! Sure it’s attacked every other Tuesday but something or another but the winter ball was on...just hold on while I check the date on my watch....damn it its on a Tuesday. By the laws of my rotten luck we’re due to be attacked. None the less my possible relationship upgrade with Alex was FAR more important than silly things like student safety. I was enraged!

“Calm down” said Alex “you don’t even go to dances”

Yeah, because your usually taken when its time for one of these things!

“I wanted to go to this one!” I whined “and I would have gone to the last one but it was at the same time as your drama play thing”

Which I recorded. Alex is the best singer I know!

The girl shrugged and gave me a look that was half pitying and half exasperated. I continued with my loud protesting and threats to Andre and her neighbors and pet poodle but alas, I was ignored and the meeting was adjourned. Alex tried to get my attention to let me know she was going to third period and she’d see me later but I was too focused on what I could do to save the dance from certain doom. When I came out of my thoughts I found myself alone in some random hallway.

“I’ve really got to stop plotting while walking” I grumbled to myself “I’m gonna wind up in detention one of these days..” shaking my head I checked my reflection in this big mirror that just so happened to be propped up next to some lockers near a classroom. I think it was a psychology class and they were experimenting with luck or some nonsense. I thought I looked okay, not fat but not too skinny. Smooth brown skin with a bruise here and a scratch there from my recent werewolf related fight. Chocolate brown eyes and short curly black hair that wasn’t messy. Yup. I could definitely sell a lie to the principal about being an innocent honor student who desperately needed to go to the dance.

Devious plan churning in my head I made to walk in the direction of the office when something slammed into me and knocked me to the ground.

It was at this very moment that my life would change forever.

Cliche? Yeah. But true.

Annoyed as all hell I looked up to see who knocked me down and drew breath to give he or she a very rude tongue lashing. Unfortunately it was a girl who had knocked me down and she was really...really hot.

She was blonde, my preference, hair falling down to her shoulders with blue eyes and dressed in a dark green sweater and black jeans. She was fair skinned and her face was heart shaped. Her vivid ocean blues stared past my eyes and saw into my soul (that’s what it felt like at least) and all of the sudden my brain was assaulted with images.

A boy standing in front of a girl, yelling at someone. His arm was outstretched in front of the girl in a protective gesture.

The same boy and girl sitting on top of a clock tower, drinking milk-shakes and staring at the sunset.

The pair were watching fireworks at what looked like a flotilla.

The pair were locked in a tight embrace on a dark street. The boy was crying, begging the girl for something. The boy was yelling again at a large figure in front of him.

The boy and the girl and another boy were walking down a dirt path towards a huge castle. On either side of them was grass that sparkled in the moonlight. They were dressed in identical long black traveling coats.

I swore and clutched at my head as the images were replaced by voices, distorted so I couldn’t tell who or what was speaking.

“In our world there’s no such thing as a hero!”

“I won’t be the reason why you die. Not again”

“In real life, people can't be put into nice, little categories of good or evil. Its about damn time you understood that!”

“I write these letters because they are the only thing that keeps me sane.”

“You were wrong. I did’t forget you. I forgot what it was like to live without you”

“what are you trying to force us into now?”

“will you chose the path that is familiar, lit up by the moon?”

“Your heart was a shattered, diseased mess long before she came into the picture! It can’t be changed!”

“or the path that is unfamiliar, covered by the darkness?”

“Its the best hot chocolate you’ll ever drink!”

“I’m sorry but if you come after me i will never forgive you”

“She filled a hole in my heart that I never knew i had!”

“We’re out of time. You have to die”

“You let her stab you on purpose didn’t you?!”

“Everyone deserves to have someone special in their lives. Someone who takes away the pain and leaves joy. Even you”

“Were you not paying attention? Its all for nothing. I'm still here aren't I? That means that at the end of the day...you fail”

I gasped, sucking in a breath and sitting up. As the voices screamed in my ear I somehow wound up on the ground, clawing at my ears. I shook myself and leveled a glare at the girl

“and what the hell was that?” I growled. I wasn’t sure how, but I knew she had something to do with..whatever that was.

She simply looked at me blankly

“I’m sorry” she whispered “But I have to kill you”

Kill..?!

I couldn’t even finish the thought before she was on me, a knife in her hand swinging at me so fast I’d have been skewered already if I wasn’t..well..me.

Reflexively my hand shot out and wrapped around her wrist, stopping the blade before it could do anything more than put a hole in my shirt. With a growl I shot up to my feet and twisted her arm behind her, pulling her into me as the knife clattered to the ground. I hissed in her ear and applied some more pressure to the wrist I was holding, she whimpered in pain.

“I don’t know who you are or what your problem is but you can’t just go randomly trying to kill people!”

Another voice echoed through the hall, a baritone voice that made the hairs on my neck stand up

“Seriously. That's my schtick”

I shoved the girl hard and fell backwards as a crescent shaped blast of what seemed to be pure yellow energy passed right by where we were standing seconds before. It left a deep crack in the ground and the explosion it caused at the end of the hall was deafening. Dimly, in a small part of my mind, I knew that there was no way I was going to make it to the winter ball this year.

I turned to look and see what had sent a blast at us, at the same time trying to figure out an escape route. Whoever was attacking us had us backed into a corner! Muttering filled the hallway as people came out of their classes to investigate what had made that noise. I swore a second time and grabbed the blonde by the wrist, a wrist that would be bruised tomorrow, and yanked her behind me as I fled into the nearest classroom. It happened to be that Psychology class I mentioned earlier. I ran straight towards the window and leapt up on a desk so I could reach it better. The door slammed open behind me as I yanked at the blonde’s arm

“Come ON!” I yelled “we need to go!”

She snapped out of her daze and glared at me

“You can’t just pull me around like a...”

“THEN JUMP OUT THE DAMN WINDOW!” I screamed, an eye on the door, watching a figure walk into the room but not getting anything more than a glance as the girl shoved me off balance. Annoyed but still a little frightened (and I couldn’t place why) I followed her out of the window and onto the grass outside. We ran, the parking lot just half a mile away. I didn’t know where we were running but I knew that we had to put as much distance between ourselves and that school as possible.

It was weird. I’m never scared of an opponent. What in the world was wrong with me?

Something exploded in front of us and we skidded to a halt. Out of the flames caused by the attack stepped a woman dressed in a long black and gold military looking uniform. Her brown hair reaching her shoulders and green eyes alight with cruelty. I squinted.

It COULDN’T be..

“Alex?” I breathed

“Hello Jericho” she said “I’d forgotten that you used to be kind of cute”

I was staring death in the face but that didn’t stop my heart from swelling. Alex thought I was cute!

“What are you doing here?! How are you here?!!” the blonde was close to hysterics. Alex, who was all grown up for some reason, chuckled

“You can’t run from us Ellie. Master always knows” she chided

“Always”

There was that baritone voice again. I squinted as a figure came into view. He was dressed in a black and gold military uniform too but his was armor instead of mere cloth. His hair was black and curly like mine but cut shorter, almost shaved but not quite. In fact he looked just like me but older.

Oh and his pupils were slit. Irises golden. Plus he had a sword. A shining silver, gold and black broadsword. My head felt like it was about to split open, pain forcing me down on me knees as I clutched it with both hands. The man vanished and reappeared standing next to older!Alex. Ellie’s eyes widened as blood burst out of her side like a geyser. She screamed and crumpled, the crimson liquid pooling under her. I found myself screaming too as the pain became almost unbearable

“Who...what...I don’t understand!” I yelled “What’s happening?!”

“There’s no reason to be afraid Jericho” the man said “I’m not here to hurt you. Just had to tie up a loose end”

“Jericho” somehow the blonde could still talk. She stared up at me with pained blue eyes. I didn’t know what to do! She was growing paler and paler. Clearly she was going to die soon if I did’t do something! But what could I do? That was such a deep cut!

“Why would you do that to her?” I demanded “and why do you look like me? Why does that woman look like my friend? What’s going ON?!”

“He’s...you..” Ellie ground out “Thirteen years from now”

What?

“...Jericho...grab my hand..”

I barely heard her. This man was...me?

“Grab my hand”

This man who was radiating evil and wrong was me? Future me? Alex...we’re....no. No no no no. I’m not a bad guy and Alex is too nice to be evil. This must be some sort of mistake. A dream.

“Please...Jericho....grab my..h..hand..”

Tears were sliding down Ellie’s cheeks now and she coughed. Looking pitiful.

“Little girls should keep their mouths shut” the man who couldn’t be me said “Timelines aren’t meant to be changed”

“Change? But how?” I looked over at him, head still pounding. She tried to kill me..probably to stop me from growing up into...that.

But she must be confused. That’s not me.

“I can’t hold on...take my hand...Jeri..cho..” she was clearly fighting to stay awake now. She had lost a lot of blood..too much blood.

“Just go back inside Jericho” Not!me said “This is all just a bad dream”

A bad dream. Yeah that’s it. This was a dream and I was still inside math class or something. That made perfect sense!

“Father...please..”

The world stopped. I stared at the blonde who was dying right in front of my eyes. I looked at the man with the sword, who’s eyes had widened in anger and....fear? Ellie had very clearly called me father. As in dad. As in my daughter from the future was dying right in front of me.

I pushed away the stray thought about how me, a black man, could conceive a white daughter and my body moved on its own.

I grabbed her hand just as she went limp. There was a flash of color and I was yanked off of my feet and before I knew it I was speeding through darkness.

My older self’s rage filled roar fading away to nothingness behind me.

and so ends the first chapter. I hope you enjoyed it

Last edited:

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
Chapter Two
Heir

Ellie

The first memory I have is waking up from a bad dream when I was two years old. Like most two year olds who have nightmares I ran (well, wobbled and fell down a few times) as fast as my tiny little legs could carry me to where my papa’s room was, bawling my eyes out. The dream had been so real! I’d watched papa killing a man right inside of this very room! Witnessing murder wasn’t something a youngster like myself should have to go through but I knew in my small, innocent heart that my papa wouldn’t ever do something that mean.

Then I entered the room and tripped over the corpse. Then I looked up and saw the blood on papa’s hands, some of it even dripped on me.

My innocence died right there. At that very moment. When I was two.

From that point on I was groomed to be that man’s successor when he eventually died. From the age of two years old I was trained in the ways of running an empire. I learned the bloody history of that empire and by age five I could out fight most of my instructors in hand to hand combat.

I was adopted because of the promise I’d shown at the ripe old age of six months. Apparently my flailing that all babies do from time to time broke four cribs. I was always crying about something or another and I would find out later, at the age of seven, that these were actually glimpses into the future, the past, or somewhere in the present. To put it in simple terms, I was a freak.

A freak destined to rule the world.

“Hello Ellie” Father said as I walked into the kitchen one morning, at this point I was ten “how is your studying going?”

“Its going fine” I said with a shrug, looking around for my vitamins “I snapped Johnny’s neck yesterday during sparring and they gave me extra credit”

Because you know, murder is not only acceptable. Its encouraged!

“Terrific” Father nodded “I’ve got a treat for you today”

I looked up with interest “Yeah?”

Father nodded “You get to watch me change the world”

“But you’ve already done that” I pointed out. I knew that society hadn’t always been so..brutal.

“Indeed” he nodded “I meant that your going to watch me erase the last thing that threatens the stability of our empire. I’ve found the rebel base and your going to help me destroy it”

My eyebrows rose and my heart skipped a few beats. What an honor! He could have chosen any one of his personal guard to help him but instead he chose me! A part of me was apprehensive, not really wanting to go and slaughter a bunch of people. Sure i’d killed once or twice but it was never my intention to. I didn’t wake up one morning and decide I was going to murder today. But that part was coldly stamped out in favor of a more heartless side of me. One that wanted to show those rebels just who they were messing with. Father’s methods might have been extreme but he saved the world! I read all about it, watched videos! They had chosen the losing side and now its time for them to pay for it.

“When do we leave?” I asked, voice barely containing my delight.

The rebel base turned out to be a trailer. A pathetic, run down, dirty, trailer. It disappointed me. I was expecting a huge castle or something but instead I get this? Very underwhelming.

“Its far larger on the inside” Father said, patting me on the shoulder. I nodded and we swiftly walked towards it. When we got in range I swung my fist at the door, knocking it clean off its hinges. Grinning at the success I lead the way inside....

..and my jaw promptly dropped.

The place was bigger than anything i’d seen before other than the mansion me and Father lived in. Everything had a silver tint to it and there were hallways and the like everywhere, leading deeper into the base.

There was also an alarm blaring.

Soilders came running out of the woodwork, screaming and yelling and carrying on. It was pathetic. Father drew his sword and was cutting them down one by one. I quickly joined in on the action, my feet and fists flying and killing with every hit that connected. I felt so alive, so free. It was the best bring your daughter to work day you could ever be in! All too soon the rebels stopped coming and the hallway was silent. I sighed

“Nice job” Father nodded at me “I’ve got the place surrounded with Alex leading the outer forces. Anyone who tries to escape will meet a rather...sticky end”

I held back a shudder. Alex was Father’s right hand woman. His queen as far as the hierarchy scale goes. She was one of the most sadistic people I had ever met.

We made our way deep into the base, easily bypassing traps and groups trying to stand against us. We even made a game out of it! Whoever had the most kills by the end of the day was the winner and if I won Father would take me out for ice cream. Currently the score was 200 to 139 in Father’s favor but I was determined to catch up. However soon enough we were separated and I was facing a boy who looked about a year older than me. He had short blonde hair and angry grey eyes, dressed in the black and silver rebel getup that looked a bit too big for him. He was actually kind of cute for a peace hating rebel piece of trash.

“My family...my friends..” he ground out. He was actually crying. How pathetic! “I’LL KILL YOU!!!” he screamed and ran blindly at me. I sighed and lazily punched him in the stomach, knocking him off of his feet and sending the nancy boy flying into the wall with a crunch. I kept moving blocking out his sobs and whimpers while tacking on yet another kill for me.

When I found Father he was locked in combat with a rather large, muscular man with black hair. He too was using a sword but his was just a simple katana. Father used Excalibur and no one could match him.

Though this leader was holding his own irritatingly well.

“Your getting slower Robby” taunted Father “getting tired?”

The man, Robby, refused to reply and continued to hack and slash at Father but to no avail. Father eventually sliced his hands off and just like that the battle was over. Robby fell onto his knees, pressing his stumps into his stomach as if that could stop the bleeding and Father stood over him in triumph.

“Your finally in the dirt where you belong” Father said “It took a while, but I win again Robert”

Robert glared up at him “You took Alex from me! Twisted her mind into something unrecognizable!”

I scoffed. Alex was Father’s most loyal subject other than myself. He’d never manipulate her. They were best friends back in the day!

“I only did what I had to do. Made her suffer the way she made me suffer” Father replied. I blinked. What?

“SHE WAS YOUR BEST FRIEND!!” Robert raged

“She turned her back on me. I just gained the power to force her to turn around” Father shrugged and with a swing Robert’s head was on the floor, ending the rebel threat once and for all.

My heart hammered and that annoying little voice, the same one who didn’t want to come here to start with, urged me to find out what happened to Alex.

So I did.

It took a year of intense, secret research and some computer hacking but I finally found the video logs and journals that detailed Alex’s joining of the empire before it was even an empire.

I almost wish I hadn’t.

My father had been in love with this girl when they were kids but she ended her friendship with him. For that reason and THAT REASON ALONE, he spent three weeks breaking her mind, body and spirit. He viciously tortured her and killed off important people to her until she was nothing more than a cationic mess.

Then he rebuilt her.

It took another three weeks for him to mold her into the woman I knew of today. I deleted those logs severely shaken and scared. My father would do that to the woman he loved? That wasn’t...it wasn’t possible! That was sick! The little voice in my head hammered me with observations and comments and proof that my father wasn’t the man I thought he was. That i’d been brainwashed. I shook it aside and read the rebel files that i’d found during my search for Alex. It took me four months to read all of that information while keeping up a facade of obedience for Father. No. Jericho. I couldn’t think of him as Father anymore. Not now that I knew what he did to me. To Alex. He started the empire because he was a selfish bitter child! He was no better than the rebels. But now I see that they were fight for what was right! My head swam with traitorous thoughts and before I knew it I was searching for some way to bring the bastard down. I was next in line for the throne after all and I would make the world a better place! I had to find a way to murder my fa...Jericho.

Who happened to be the strongest man on the planet.

Considering there were no more rebels I was on my own too. Jericho had an army, he had five other advisors that made up his royal guard who were far stronger than his army. and then, even if I killed all of them I had to deal with Jericho himself.

I needed help and lucky for me I found it in the dungeons.

“What do you want?” the boy who I had punched into a wall during the rebel slaughter glared at me. It seems I broke his back yet he lived through it and was put in here to rot away. His hair was down past his shoulders, dirty and matted while his clothes were now rags. I felt a tad uncomfortable standing in front of someone so dirty while I was perfectly groomed and in the finest clothes money could buy

“I need your help to kill Jericho” I said, not bothering to beat around the bush.

“It can’t be done” laughed the boy harshly “you saw to that”

I winced “There’s gotta be something!”

The idea that Jericho couldn’t be stopped and it was my fault tormented me.

“Well there might be..one thing” the boy pondered for a moment “a woman in a safe house not too far from here”

He didn’t even finish his sentence before the bars to his cage were broken and my hand was held out to him “Let’s go..um...what’s your name?” “Brad” he replied “short for Brandon. Brandon North”

“Then lets go” I lead him out of the dungeons and almost made it to the door when my path was blocked.

“What do you think your doing princess?” Jericho’s cousin, Touketsu Scyrio, stood in front of me. The man was built like a brick house. Tall, muscular and clearly angry at me judging by the way he was glaring at me with those outraged black eyes of his. Of all the people who could have come to stop me it had to be this man. Power wise he was second only to Jericho.

“I have nothing to say to you” I replied as coldly as I could and started to walk towards the door.

Touketsu’s punch sent me rolling across the floor. Of course he’d want to do this the hard way.

I flung myself at him, wildly punching and kicking but it was all blocked. In the confusion Brad escaped through the doors. Clearly he wasn’t as important as a traitor princess. I was brought kicking and screaming to Jericho’s room and thrown on the floor in front of him. He was looking at me with hurt in his eyes and it almost made me flinch before I reminded myself that the man was a monster.

“Why would you betray me Ellie?” he asked “I gave you everything you could ever want”

“Your a monster!” I shouted. Its not like I had some sort of mature argument planned or anything. Jericho sighed “I loved you. You were my daughter. But not even you can get away with treason” Excalibur was drawn and swung before I could even figure out what was happening. A crescent moon shaped beam of energy flew at me and connected with my chest, blasting me through the wall and outside. I lay in the grass, fighting to stay conscious while knowing one important fact.

He had held back.

A point blank moon slice (as he called it) should have cut me to pieces. I know, I’ve seen it done. Yet it didn’t.

I dragged myself up and limped away while Jericho’s men spread out to find my body. Brad was waiting for me behind a tree.

“You know” he said, smirking “I think I can forgive you know for breaking my back”

I flipped him the bird, heart hammering as he lead me through the woods, pausing every so often to give me a rest. It was the hardest thing i’d ever done but I couldn’t let myself faint until we were at the safehouse. After another hour of long travel and little chit chat (I was too busy thinking about Jericho and Brad didn’t like me enough to want to chat) we were standing in front of a log cabin.

“So is this really huge on the inside too?” I asked.

Brad shrugged “Not that I know of” he replied.

We knocked on the door and it opened a crack. A gasp was heard and we were yanked inside.

I looked around at a rather cozy looking interior while Brad was hugged tight and then scolded by a woman about Jericho’s age with long brown hair that went past her shoulder blades. It had blonde highlights and her eyes were a kind brown.

“and what is she doing here?” the woman looked over at me in distrust. I had collapsed on her couch and was breathing heavily, clutching my chest. It hurt so much my vision was getting blurry.

“Ellie Henry, ex heir to the throne at your service” I chuckled a little before pitching forward and surrendering myself to sweet oblivion.

----

It took me three whole months to get back on my feet and recover from the internal damage Jericho’s attack did on me. Another five went by before the woman, who’s name was Kathleen, finished up the project that would apparently save the world. Brad had left the cabin to go search for some allies that would help him form a new rebellion in case Kathleen’s plan failed.

“Your going to travel back in time to kill Jericho before any of this could occur” she said one day to me. I blinked. I was going to do what now?

She tossed me a silver gauntlet that had, upon closer inspection, a small green screen and a few blue buttons on it. A technological marvel my friends.

“Using the time gauntlet your going to travel nine years into the past and kill the younger Jericho so he can’t grow up and rule the world” Kathleen said “if it all works out then you’ll vanish and merge with your other self in the new timeline”

I’m going to cease to exist. Wonderful.

Sighing in annoyance I was shown how the do dad worked and the coordinates to where I needed to be plus a way to get back here if something happened were keyed in and a button was pressed.

That’s how I wound up in the past.

Or so you’d think. The fact of the matter is I didn’t wind up in the past. I wound up in another timeline all together. You see there are many timelines. Kathleen didn’t know that so I had no choice but to keep hopping from one to the other until I found the right one. The first time was the hardest because I had no clue what was going on at all. Ironically the people who helped me figure things out were Jericho, Alex and Kathleen herself.

I also learned another thing: Jericho becoming evil only happened once in a while.

To elaborate I spent five years going from timeline to timeline, searching for the right one that would lead to my future. In most of those timelines Jericho started dating Kathleen and therefore didn’t turn into the evil monster I knew and hated. You see when Jericho asked Alex to the winter ball she refused and he got depressed. This lead to her ending their friendship once and for all and pushing him into the arms of his evil ex girlfriend Alice Twilight. The redhead lead him to Excalibur and the power drove him insane. To be honest, it was Alice’s fault Jericho turned out the way he did and so during the few occasions where I met her I made sure to kill her in the most violent ways I could think of at the time.

Meanwhile I met the man Jericho WAS. I saw the kind of person he could have turned out to become and for a while I wasn’t even sure if I wanted to kill him anymore or not. But then I’d seen the scar on my chest and remember my mission. I had to find the right timeline and he had to die.

The good thing about all of this hopping was that my fighting skills went through the roof. Jericho was a magnet for trouble!

I was sixteen years old when I finally found the right timeline. The gauntlet even said so! I was standing inside of what I knew to be Swansboro high and my heart was pounding. This was it. This was where it would all end.

“Well well well. My daughter finally arrives”

Oh no.

I turned around to see none other than my father leaning against a trophy case. Not the seventeen year old I was here to murder, but the demon he would become thirteen years from this day.

“I’ve been waiting for you” Jericho commented “You’ve missed a lot in the five years you’ve been gone”

How did he know?

“I found Kathleen and her...tech” the man smirked “I even got to watch you interact with my other selves. The woman was a genius”

“..was?” I squeaked

“Yup. Before I ripped her spine out of her back” Jericho nodded. I wanted to vomit. She was supposed to be his wife! Almost all of the other timelines said so!

“You turned evil because of a fluke!” I yelled at him, tears sliding down my cheeks “Its because of Alice!”

“Alice set me free” Jericho replied, drawing his sword “she lead me to my destiny and now..i’m going to lead you to yours”

He sent another moon slice at me but this time around I rolled out of the way and fled, running as fast as my legs could carry me. Slamming straight into Jericho. The one from this timeline not the one trying to kill me.

Then..well..you know the rest.

Before everything went black I hit the button on my gauntlet that would lead me to Kathleen, forgetting in my near death state, that Evil!Jericho had already gotten to her. I also let it slip that he was my dad. Opps.

Everything that happens to us happens for a reason. I just didn’t know that yet.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Lunar, this is outstanding! *u* I can't wait to see what happens next with Jericho or Ellie! To think, Jericho turned evil! I wouldn't have ever guessed that at all! It's so original and different! I love the first chapter with Jericho's point of view. I felt bad for Ellie, having to grow up like that and learn the horrible truth. I wouldn't of expected Alex to be forced into submission to be his right hand sadistic queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back