• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Insanity: Stories from a Shattered Soul [Registrations]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist

Shattered mirrors floating in an empty castle. Clouds of various palettes swirling together as a flower blossoms in the center of it. Taxi cabs colliding into each other and retracting back, a scene replaying over and over. A tray amassed with a juicy, meaty burger with a helping of French fries with a cup of Coke on the side. The moon, a glorious one at that, twirling around.

You awake from your dream, afraid and excited at the same time. Your mind is incomprehensible, your thoughts are too refined and direct to actually mean anything. But what does that mean? Your eyes narrowly examine the room, a padded cell, simple as that. But everybody knows that a padded cell isn't simple. I mean, it is, but simplicity only applies to the cell, not what was in it. You were diagnosed insane. Multiple personality disorder, dissociative identity disorder, so many disorders you could barely remember the names. Just like you couldn't even count the number of bottles of pills that you had to take. You're not crazy. They're making you crazy. They are literally pushing you insane. You do not need these drugs to survive. Leave the drugs alone, and all your friends come out at night. And you have adventures in your dreams, miraculous adventures that never end until you awake again. Or were you awake the whole time? It doesn't matter; you're insane, right?

Welcome to the actual direction of the roleplay! You're probably insane by reading the synopsis, right? Well, good! You need to be. This roleplay is not a roleplay at all; rather, a test of your imaginative ability. You will be creating a character, but this character isn't like any other that you've ever made before. This character will be a facet of this insane person's mind, a dormant personality inside the terribly twisted mind of his. Or her's? You can figure it out. With this character, you will be joining a few others who are also facets of this person's personality. Now, what will you do when you mix one part of an insanity and another part of that insanity? Well, here's the fun part- you'll make it up.

Let me explain more clearly. Once your name is registered and a fairly good amount of people are interested, we'll have simple story-arcs regarding your character and any other characters that are also registered. Pitch the idea of your arc to me, I might like it and establish your arc (plot premise and location). We'll go through an arc until another one gets by me or if I come up with anything. Essentially, we'll be writing short-term roleplays, or short stories if you don't catch my drift.

Now, does this have anything to do with the insanity and the insane one? No, but that's just a special touch. Does YOUR character have to be insane? No. Here's the simple gist; you make up a character, a buncha other people make up their characters, you send me an arc and we'll have a short adventure! Once the arc is completed and when I get a new one, we'll play out that arc and then everything'll be all dandy. Does every registered character HAVE to participate in every arc? NO! Yeah, if you suggest to me an arc and we play it through, and we get another one, you don't have to be in it.

Now, you might be wondering: Okay, well, what if I want a different character for a different arc? No problem! When you register, all you do is get your name on the list. Every time a new arc is launched, that's when a template comes in. Get it?

Crisis Break

1. Okay, you explained it weird. What is this roleplay about again?
This roleplay will be a collection of short stories, titled 'arcs,' and we'll play them out. It's like we're doing a bunch of mini-roleplays.

2. What does this have to do with an insane guy?
Nothing. These stories are completely different from the insane guy. It's like the insane guy's the storyteller, and he's seeing these stories in his head. Like the Cryptkeeper, you know?

3. Cryptkeeper?
No. Forget I mentioned it.

4. Okay. So once I register my username onto the list, I can participate in any of the arcs?
Yeah, as long as the arc is currently being played out.

5. What about my character? Will he/she only be in one arc?
Only if you want him/her to be. As soon as the arc ends, your character won't be relevant to any other arcs. When another arc begins, you can make an entirely different character or recycle elements of your past characters into your new one. Though, the same exact character cannot be in multiple arcs.

6. How long will these arcs be?
One arc would approximately last for about six to seven pages, hopefully. The page length will vary, however.

7. So, can we make arcs?
Of course! You can develop ideas for the arcs and send them my way. If I like them, I can talk with you about elaborating on the story and your arc'll be launched, credit included of course.

8. Who will launch the arc?
I will always launch the arc and set the story. Of course, the content and layout of the arc can be all yours, but I have to be the one to post it.

9. Will I have to make a template for each arc?
Yes, unfortunately. Each arc will have a different setting, history and environment, so its no surprise that the style of characters would be different for each arc.

Hopefully this will answer all of your questions. If not, feel free to send me a PM and your question'll be added to the list. The initial arc is still undecided, and will be revealed to the public when enough people are involved with the Insanity project. Thank you!

Current Arc: Undefined
Past Arcs: Undefined

Aceflyheight

Wow, this is seriously insane. I think that I'm going crazy, trying to figure out what half of what you posted said. But whatever, I'm definitely joining this. This is definitely going to be one of the weirdest and most insane rps that anybody has ever attempted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back