• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Interesting things in the manga and novels

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Anagram

Banned
Damn even Pete is better in the manga than game:

tumblr_n3cye0gArQ1rlfgl5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n3cye0gArQ1rlfgl5o2_500.jpg

tumblr_n3cye0gArQ1rlfgl5o3_500.jpg

tumblr_n3cye0gArQ1rlfgl5o4_500.jpg

tumblr_n3cye0gArQ1rlfgl5o5_500.jpg

Srsly. Why isn't Amano writing for the games right now? They'd be done SO much better it's not fucking funny.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Who knew, Kairi's greatest enemy was not the darkness, it was her zippers.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Huh.. Seems like she should've turned sideways and slip one leg out at a time instead of both of them at once lol

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The Days Manga was so much better than the actual game...and I liked how in the KH2 Manga, Kairi at least tries to get out of the cage...

There is actually this one thing, this one damn extra chapter of the BBS novels which is more than enough for a lifetime to be mad about not getting into the games at all.
Yes: "Contrast". Damn it, Square Enix. Damn it, damn you, damn all of this. I hate you for making me cry once more. In case you don't know: It's about Ventus and Vanitas being split and how both of them feel and why everything turned out as shitty as it did in BBS.
Did I mention that I hate SE for this? I also love them for it, because it's tragically beautiful, but damn, it should have been in the actual game...at least hinted or anything. Without it, Vanitas just seems like a weird killer for no apparent reason. q.q

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
The Days Manga was so much better than the actual game...and I liked how in the KH2 Manga, Kairi at least tries to get out of the cage...

There is actually this one thing, this one damn extra chapter of the BBS novels which is more than enough for a lifetime to be mad about not getting into the games at all.
Yes: "Contrast". Damn it, Square Enix. Damn it, damn you, damn all of this. I hate you for making me cry once more. In case you don't know: It's about Ventus and Vanitas being split and how both of them feel and why everything turned out as shitty as it did in BBS.
Did I mention that I hate SE for this? I also love them for it, because it's tragically beautiful, but damn, it should have been in the actual game...at least hinted or anything. Without it, Vanitas just seems like a weird killer for no apparent reason. q.q

There are a lot of us that have heard about the chapter regarding Vanitas and wished that those portions of the novel were part of the game canon (granted, the novel is technically considered third-tier canon). At the very least, it would have gave an interesting villain an added layer of depth.

xxxxj

quick question.. sorry if its a dumb one but i couldnt find the novels. only the translations... so whats the difference between the novels and the manga??

Kaijuguy19

So far I have the two volumes of the KH1 FM manga along with volumes 2 of COM and KH2. I do like how the manga does it's best to flesh out characters more and add scenes to only add more depth to certain scenes. I do have a small nitpick about how it sometimes goes too far into humor but it's not too severe and there were times where the humor does work. It's going to be exciting to see some possible Manga adaptations of BBS, Recoded,DDD and finally KH3.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Can someone list ALL (and in order) KH novels/printed collections? I want to buy all the novels and not waste money buying the same thing twice. I went on Amazon and saw stuff like Vol. 1 and Vol 2. but then other things with the same name without the "Vol 1." label. So if anyone can inform me on what novels exist and which ones I should buy to own everything printed, I would greatly appreciate that.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I read some parts of the final volume of Days again, and somehow I had missed this gorgeous artwork:
1zlrif4.jpg

My god this looks good! All the colors and the expressions on the characters faces. And the chapters name is also called: "The Last Sunset". Beautiful....
Also this might have been noticed before, but I think Amano made a cool reference to KH1FM in the KH2 manga:
98rbr5.jpg

That flag that Sora is holding, isn`t that the same one that Sora has in the title screen of KH1 FM version?
150px-Wind_(Art).png

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
After years of reading Shiro Amano's work, I just now realized that when Sora first sees Hercules in the KH1 manga, he compares his muscles to his and is then disappointed. LOL.

I think I missed it because I don't always pay enough attention to pictures in mangas like I should, because I'm so focused on reading the text bubbles and ingesting the story that I fly right through them?

I'm an idiot. LOL.

But anyway, this moment is adorable and I love it.

redcrown

Awards
Wasn't the final part of the KH2 manga, translated into English, supposed to have been released yesterday? I heard somewhere it was to be done and out on Feb 27.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wasn't the final part of the KH2 manga, translated into English, supposed to have been released yesterday? I heard somewhere it was to be done and out on Feb 27.

No? If it was we'd have reported on it. Yen Press hasn't released any new volumes since Vol 3 last year and they haven't made any new listings since the CoM novel.

Bearybear

I wish the games had this sense of humor! I love in the Rechain of Memories comic Sora, Donald, and Goofy thought they met each other at a sweater sale lol

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I just finished my first KH novel. 358/2 Days naturally. It was quite a enjoyable read. Now that I've read it, I'm looking to collect and read the other novels too. Mostly the KH2, BBS, and DDD ones. I think the mangas are still my favorite media of KH in terms of character interactions and friendships, but the novel I read added a lot of context not in the game and took points of view from other characters which I appreciated and enjoyed. So I'm a fan of them now too.

Back