• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Internet Problems

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tidusora

Yunakairi
Awards
Don't mark this an official return. I'm just asking from this forum, because the PC Help was great every time I needed it.

Lately, my internet connection has been shutting down so many times. I look at my Comcast box, and the lighting buttons never become bright in the labeled pieces "Sent" or "Received".

When I check my computer, Control Panel < Network Connections, I've been clicking to repair the connections, checking it, and still it doesn't work.

Apparently, it works in the morning around this time, and shuts down around 7 P.M.

Is this some sort of internet curfew with my server?

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
Is this computer hooked up directly to the modem? Or do you have a router (maybe a network as well)?

If it comes directly for the modem, then contact your ISP, I'd think it'd be a problem on their end.

If you're using a router, go to your router's IP address and check your settings from there

tidusora

Yunakairi
Awards
I'm using a router, and can I have a detailed guideline, because I'm kind of a n00b to computer-affiliated things.

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
I'm using a router, and can I have a detailed guideline, because I'm kind of a n00b to computer-affiliated things.

Then your router is probably set to block either network traffic or ports at certain times.
Just check if it has something like restrict access times or something similar.
(What's the point of having your internet connection on, if you aren't using it at say 1' AM..? That's basically what these features are for, protecting your machine while you sleep with an 'always' on connection.)

If your parents setup the router.. that's more than likely the problem.
And you'll need the admin password to change the router configuration.

Then again, you might have just slipped up sometime when setting it up.

Either way.

If you still need help, let us know. ^.^

~~Azurith

tidusora

Yunakairi
Awards
The router is set on to have the internet connection always on. Basically, the internet is used alot.

Using the internet in the house alot, will that affect the internet connection stopping?

I mean, today it's working at the time it stops functionally, but the week before it's just been so screwy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back