• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Interview Excerpts: The reason why Melody of Memory has story stems from KH Mobile

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
But what is the story of Card Struggle? I need to know now.
Also he's complaining about the number of characters, yet KHUX/KHDR constantly introduces complely new ones.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Everyone: what’s the story to this mobile game?!
Recon: how does one forget the song is called Dearly Beloved?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Everyone: what’s the story to this mobile game?!
Recon: how does one forget the song is called Dearly Beloved?

It’s actually really difficult to say in Japanese, so it honestly makes sense that he wouldn’t remember the name. Also Nomura’s bad at remembering song names xD he’s done this many times in other music-related interviews with Shimomura. This is very in character xD

Recon

Art of War
Awards
It’s actually really difficult to say in Japanese, so it honestly makes sense that he wouldn’t remember the name. Also Nomura’s bad at remembering song names xD he’s done this many times in other music-related interviews with Shimomura. This is very in character xD
Fair point, I tried and it’s hard xD It’s definitely not memorable. Which is a shame because good songs should have a memorable title.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Say what you will about making every Kingdom Hearts game canon but it cannot be denied that more people became interested in the X sub-series when Ventus and Marluxia were introduced.

Even the ending of Melody of Memory turned this game from a tribute of the series to a more defined glimpse of the future of the franchise.

Soldier

Awards
You know, I think it's perfectly fine to have the KH mobile game be canon, It actually makes sense when you think about it.
Leon and the gang realistically have nothing to do in Traverse Town aside from help other refugees and fight the heartless. So them picking up a card game like Tycoon to kill time makes logical sense. They could have taught it to Sora either as a way to spread it to someone from another world or just give him something normal to do in between saving the worlds.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
WHAT is Kingdom Hearts Mobile? like wtf?
It was a companion app for Kingdom Hearts coded. I don't remember the specifics of their connectivity but the Avatar Menu in Re:coded is an adaptation of Mobile's basic features.

Would be cool if a Re:Re:coded revived Mobile's minigames and multiplayer elements

DraceEmpressa

Awards
*sobbing* I already hate how Disney allow Nomura to go around with his abstract/complex plot for KH as long there is nothing graphic in it, as long as it keeps the child friendly brand, but that every single bleeping game has plot was their demand and possibly how they are all connected too, Disney why

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
So VERY random question: if a friend of yours really wanted to get into the KH hype (like ALL the way in [mobile included]) would you go: UX Season 1 ➔ 3 ➔ UX Season 2 ➔ Melody of Memory ➔ Dark Road, or something else? Because I think Season 1 does all it needs to to lead into 3, then 3 gives some questions that Season 2 answers, then Melody of Memory seems to tie in some of MX's backstory, which Dark Road provides.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
So VERY random question: if a friend of yours really wanted to get into the KH hype (like ALL the way in [mobile included]) would you go: UX Season 1 ➔ 3 ➔ UX Season 2 ➔ Melody of Memory ➔ Dark Road, or something else? Because I think Season 1 does all it needs to to lead into 3, then 3 gives some questions that Season 2 answers, then Melody of Memory seems to tie in some of MX's backstory, which Dark Road provides.

I think this sounds right. If anything I think Ux Season 2 could happen concurrently with KH3 - there are some tidbits that don’t necessarily need to be later reveals and are better to just *know* while playing through KH3, like Maleficent being in Kingdom of Corona because of Marluxia (and really Maleficent’s whole deal overall); having *some* knowledge of the character Darkness before the Ven/Vanitas stuff in ReMind... but could go either way. I agree that Dark Road makes sense after MoM, as soon as I finished MoM I immediately went back and rewatched Dark Road chapters and yea, the new lore feels more contextualized.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Because Union χ[Cross] messes with the order of how we experience the climax of χ[chi], splitting the story like that is unfortunately cumbersome.

But when possible I do recommend people experience the story of χ[chi] through to the Dark Footsteps "secret ending," then watch Back Cover, then proceed into Union χ[Cross] proper.

As for where it should line up between the other titles, I dunno. Technically, Uχ launched before KHIII, but of course it's finishing after.
I suppose we could just follow coded's example where it's typically placed after BbS, despite originally launching two years prior.

But again as χ[chi] and Uχ are muddied together now as a single game, the split becomes a little difficult to manage and is reminiscent of people who try to play CoM/Days in chronological order.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Season 1 is just OG KHX but without the Keyblade War events and the epilogue stinger, which ties into events that are currently taking place in UX. Since they'd have to stop playing and refer to videos anyway, I feel like it's better to just watch all of KHX first to get the full story.

IMO the best way to experience these games is like so:
  1. Watch all scenes for KHX, ending with "Dark Footsteps"
  2. Watch Back Cover
  3. Carry on with Union X up to "Brain's Goal" (corresponds to Quest 860)
  4. Play KH3
  5. Continue with the rest of the UX. Play Melody of Memory whenever, but do not start Dark Road until you've completed UX Quest 935 as it directly references that story update

Back