• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

iPHONE 4 Revealed!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erlix

Here is the link: iPhone 4 Revealed - Gear News at IGN

Here is the info from the article:

After months of coverage, leaks and speculation, the new iPhones have been officially revealed! Steve Jobs' WWDC keynote presentation was mostly a confirmation of what we'd already heard before. Consumers will be getting everything suspected: a new design, multitasking and an upgraded camera system. The iPhone 4 will be available on June 24th, with a cost of $199 for the 16GB model and $299 for the 32GB. Preorders will start on June 15th. Check out the different sections below for the highlights:

New Design
The iPhone 4G looked exactly like what we've seen leaked: glass on the front and back, steel on the sides, front-facing camera, and an additional 5-megapixel camera with LED flash on the back. It's 24% thinner than the iPhone 3, making it the thinnest smartphone to date according to Apple. It comes in two colors, black and white.

Multitasking
With its new operating system, iOS 4, the iPhone is now capable of the long-awaited multitasking feature. This lets you keep multiple apps open at a time, including iTunes, Skype and any apps that utilize the phone's GPS. Double-clicking the Home button will prompt Apple's task-managing interface, allowing you to access previously open applications.

3-Axis Gyroscope
This new feature will be paired with the accelerometer giving it 6-axis motion sensing. This will be great for games, and it looks like Apple is increasingly making gaming one of their big priorities. Case in point: The upcoming releases of Farmville and Guitar Hero were demonstrated at the presentation.

Retina Display
Basically, this means that the resolution of the screen has four times as many pixels as the previous model, putting it at a whopping 326 pixels per inch with a 960x640 display (3.5 inches across). That's 78% of the pixels on iPad.

New Camera System
The iPhone 4 is moving from 3 to 5 megapixels with 5x digital zoom. Not only that, but it now records HD video in 720p at 30fps. An iPhone adapted version of iMovie (for $4.99) will also be available for video editing. The new camera setup also allows for...

FaceTime
This new feature brings video chat technology to the iPhone. This will only run over WiFi, iPhone 4 to iPhone 4, and it can be accessed through either camera in both a horizontal and vertical orientation.

New Battery
Battery life is increased substantially: 7 hours of 3G talk, 6 hours of 3G browsing, 10 hours of WiFi browsing, 10 hours of video, 40 hours of music and 300 hours of standby.

New Software
In addition to myriad upcoming gyroscopic games, Jobs also revealed Bing, Netflix and iBooks for the iPhone. iBooks will also now be capable of reading PDF files.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
i wanna get it,

but if they come out w/ a new iphone4 later, they'll upgrade my current iphone4[this is saying that i get it, i don't have it. i don't have the regular one either] for free? or can i upgrade for at least a fee?

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
i wanna get it,

but if they come out w/ a new iphone4 later, they'll upgrade my current iphone4[this is saying that i get it, i don't have it. i don't have the regular one either] for free? or can i upgrade for at least a fee?
........ WTF?!

the point, im gonna wait a little so it can die down and the price drops cuz its way too expensive for me

T

TyRockwell

i might get it soon, anyway its iphone, it always attract me

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ugh anything is better than my phone from 2003. This looks really nice, actually. I didn't really like the iPhone but this doesn't seem that bad. I'd rather get some other phone, though. I don't know why I don't like the touch screen stuff that much. It just seems like it'd piss me off too much.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
If the iPhone was more open to customisation by the user, I'd get the 4G in a second. Though it seems some really stupid small design choices are going to make an otherwise perfect and stylised system seem mediocre compared to what it should be.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
iPhone 4 is the fucking sexiest piece of gadgetry I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back