• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Iron Man

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Iron Man

[video=youtube;8hYlB38asDY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hYlB38asDY[/video]

Billionaire industrialist and genius inventor Tony Stark is kidnapped and forced to build a devastating weapon. Instead, using his intelligence and ingenuity, Tony builds a high-tech suit of armor and escapes captivity. When he uncovers a nefarious plot with global implications, he dons his powerful armor and vows to protect the world as Iron Man.

Iron Man 2

[video=youtube;FNQowwwwYa0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNQowwwwYa0[/video]

In "Iron Man 2," the world is aware that billionaire inventor Tony Stark is the armored Super Hero Iron Man. Under pressure from the government, the press and the public to share his technology with the military, Tony is unwilling to divulge the secrets behind the Iron Man armor because he fears the information will slip into the wrong hands. With Pepper Potts and James "Rhodey" Rhodes at his side, Tony forges new alliances and confronts powerful new forces.

Iron Man 3

[video=youtube;YLorLVa95Xo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLorLVa95Xo[/video]​

Marvel's "Iron Man 3" pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I love the Iron Man Movies. No doubt everyone feels this way, but I believe that Robert Downing Jr. getting the role was a match made in movie heaven.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Why is there a thread for this? I thought we went to the Marvel Cinematic Universe thread to talk about these movies.

Sdog

Awards
Why is there a thread for this? I thought we went to the Marvel Cinematic Universe thread to talk about these movies.

You can if you want to talk about them as a whole and the direction the whole universe is going, now there's also the separate threads if you chose to only want to talk about those select characters and their films.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
THANK YOU GRAM AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO ACTUALLY READ MY POST

I love the Iron Man Movies. No doubt everyone feels this way, but I believe that Robert Downing Jr. getting the role was a match made in movie heaven.
I thought he was quitting after his Avengers contract is done but I've recently heard rumors that he might be interested in a 4th Iron Man film. I really hope so, because I feel like we were spoiled with him and I'm not looking forward to a replacement.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Cause this :

I'm not sure who decided we should stop having individual threads for the Marvel films. While the idea of keeping everything contained in one bulk thread seems like it keeps things more organized, it really hinders discussion for people who might just want to discuss an individual title and makes things messier. This thread will stay stickied because it's a great idea to have one for general discussion, but we're now going to have individual threads to accompany it for each superhero/team.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

Sorry! I'm guessing the announcment was made in the thread? I didn't check before asking, lol.

I thought he was quitting after his Avengers contract is done but I've recently heard rumors that he might be interested in a 4th Iron Man film. I really hope so, because I feel like we were spoiled with him and I'm not looking forward to a replacement.

I really just don't see anyone else playing the role. I hate shows/movies that just replace characters. It never feels like the same again. RDJ must have caught on that the Iron Man films made him even more popular than he already was.

Sdog

Awards

It's looking that way, he dropped a couple hints that he's interested at comic con this year too. Which is wonderful because he simply owns the character, like that of Hugh jack man to Wolverine and now Chris Pratt to Star Lord. Plus it'd be cool to have him along for the remainder of the infinity storyline that seems to be playing out before the end of phase 3.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I want the first Rhodey back. :(

Don Cheadle is too serious for the role.

*shrugs*

I saw the first two Iron Man movies a long time a part, and I didn't even notice the casting difference. But if I remember correctly, the first Rhodey didn't even have any presence in the first film at all, at least to me. I think his being too serious is the writer's fault, not the actor's.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
It's mostly that. Don can have his funny moments (Im taking the suit ok bye lol).

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
What's wrong with the different casing in Rhodey? Honestly, I thought Don were perfect for Rhodey.

Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for a War Machine film. :mad:

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I remember when I first noticed the casting difference for that character. It had me perplexed for the longest time because I wasn't sure if I was going crazy or not. I really didn't notice the difference I guess.

Roxie1563

Awards
Tony Stark is actually a bit of a dick.

They don't seem to bring this over in the movies asuch.

Hey! He's a smart dick, all right?

I thought everything was all right, but I'm curious; what do you mean by 'they don't seem to bring this over in the movies asuch?'

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Hey! He's a smart dick, all right?

I thought everything was all right, but I'm curious; what do you mean by 'they don't seem to bring this over in the movies asuch?'

He probably means they don't show him being a REAL dick, like something we would despise him for being as such.

Roxie1563

Awards
He probably means they don't show him being a REAL dick, like something we would despise him for being as such.

Oh, I gotcha. I think I like him just fine where he is currently. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back