• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is anyone going to talk about how kh3 is 2 years old today?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Hard to believe it was that long ago now. It isn't a perfect game, but it's still in my top 3 of the series.

I remember I bought the Deluxe or whatever it was called for $80. I kind of regretted that when I recently saw the game at $15 on Amazon, lol. Maybe I'll just buy standard for KH games going forward now the first saga is done.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Man. What an emotional day. Worked from home that day and literally sprinted to the door when UPS buzzed. Title screen had me in tears almost instantly. Rare, few-in-a-lifetime experience, that - got to properly feel like a kid again

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I can’t believe it’s been 2 years already, it definitely doesn’t feel like it’s been that long. I was so excited when I first got the game after watching all the trailers and couldn’t wait to see what else was in the game. Even though the trailers did end up spoiling a lot, it didn’t affect my enjoyment of the game and even though it wasn’t my favourite game in the series I still really enjoyed it. Honestly I was just happy to finally get the game and see the conclusion of the Dark Seeker Saga as well as see all my favourite characters again.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I was very glad when the game came out because it meant that I could experience it as a whole after getting endlessly spoilt by moderating people who weren't using spoiler tags and posting videos and pictures. That was one of the worst launches I had personally gone through for a game and I hated that it was on one that I was so excited for.

I've played KH3 through so many times, it is easily my favourite Kingdom Hearts game. I love the worlds, they're so memorable, vibrant, and just a joy to experience. It's clear in the latter worlds that the short development time caused issues, such as San Fransokyo's map clearly being a gigantic square suspended in the area above a JPEG of a city and The Caribbean cutting corners of the movie plot, but I still loved what was provided.

With Disney giving more freedom to their IPs in the gaming area, I hope the next Kingdom Hearts games use that to their advantage. Build off of what KH3 started and I'll be very happy.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I took a week off of work to play KH3. I remember checking the tracking nonstop to see if it was delivered, then when it was I was just overcome with emotions. I cried peeling off the packaging. I listened to the KH3 version of Dearly Beloved before starting the new game. I was SO excited for Face My Fears. I didn't spoil myself and listen to the song, so I will always remember the first time hearing it was the KH3 intro. I remember after the intro, I had to take like 10 minutes to gather myself because I was sobbing tears of joy over the perfect intro video, then wondering if I should start the game over again just to watch the intro (which is what I used to do back in the day for Sanctuary since that was before YouTube is what it is today).

I knew that I would be curious about how I felt "in the moment" getting and playing KH3, so I actually decided beforehand that I would record myself after each world and just give my thoughts on what's happening, how I feel and what I think would happen. I laugh at myself because I was so convinced that Agrabah and A Bug's Life were in the game (after I finished Arendelle/Monstropolis), then I was convinced there had to be a world(s) after The Caribbean/San Fransokyo, then I was convinced that there would be second visits/more worlds after we visit the Keyblade Graveyard (as that would be our first visit).

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
It's pretty damn good!! It's also damn disappointing!! But having played all three in quick succession, it stands tall in enough aspects to solidify it as a worthy entry to the numbered titles. The DLC is especially magnificent. While it was probably boneheaded to lock story content behind thirteen superbosses, it was a rare moment where 'hardcore' fans were transparently being prioritized. I don't expect it to stay that way but man, I appreciated it. Facing 13 extremely well designed fights over the course of a few days... That was food.

Cumguardian69

Awards
I already forgot kh3 existed...i literally only play it for data battles now, absolutely insane that it is 2 years old

Willow A113

Awards
I was just thinking about this myself. It is hard to believe it's been two years already. It feels like we were waiting forever for it, and now it has come and gone just like that. Time goes by too fast man.
I'd think of it as a good thing time goes too fast. It means we'll get kh4 sooner.
Then again, when we were in 2020, it seemed to take forever, but looking back now, it was really quick. Maybe it's just perspective.

Facing 13 extremely well designed fights over the course of a few days... That was food.
14. There's also Yozora.

I got into the series in January 2019. I watched all the cutscenes on youtube, in order of the games' release. That included kh3, which even back then, I remember it being my favorite. Strangely, the time I got into it had nothing to do with the release on kh3. I had no idea a new one had even come out! It was just the time that I was in a curious enough mood to try it out.
In April of that year, I got the games for my birthday, and it felt so great to finally be able to play those games after only being able to watch. Playing it made me love kh3 even more!

Katsagu

Awards
I replayed the game so much last year thanks to Re:Mind it really doesn't feel like it.

At the end of the day I really loved KH3, I remember my excitement the day of release for the message telling me my copy had arrived at the store. Can't wait for the next installment.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It is strange to think that something that I anticipated for such a long time has been out for quite a while. As many issues as I might have with the story choices in the series, I can't deny that I do find KH3 one of the funner games in the series to play, especially Re:Mind where we get to play and experience all these moments I had wanted in the original game.

While the game definitely has its faults, it also manages to do a lot right. The Disney world do largely feel like they're straight out of the movies, which not all KH games really seem to manage. The combat is fun, even if the fights aren't all that challenging outside of Critical and the Superbosses.

I used to do back in the day for Sanctuary since that was before YouTube is what it is today
Huh I'm pretty sure I was listening to Sanctuary and Passion on loop on YouTube back then. KH2 is actually even how I discovered YouTube. And I ended up spoiling myself, by watching all of KH2 in Japanese on there, before KH2 even released for the rest of us.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Huh I'm pretty sure I was listening to Sanctuary and Passion on loop on YouTube back then. KH2 is actually even how I discovered YouTube. And I ended up spoiling myself, by watching all of KH2 in Japanese on there, before KH2 even released for the rest of us.
they defo had music tracks of KH on youtube even in 2006, kh-vids got its marquee back then just for cutscenes tbh. but the internet wasnt as...accessible? as it was today

Back