• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Character Files book canon?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

JOTAINSIDER

Awards
Salutes, is Character Files book canon?
If it is its a sequel of KH3 because it says details after what happens in KH3 (Marluxia one for example)

Ulmer White

Awards
I also don't consider it canon. Good discussion as for the discussion of the canons in the books., very constructive. This is a very cool initiative, especially for students, which will allow them to learn more useful information. I am currently in college and need help writing an MBA writing assignment. On the website https://assignmentbro.com/uk/mba-assignment-help I decided to look at the possibility of ordering this type of work from them. If you have written such an assignment, I will be very grateful for your advice.

Last edited:

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I think Aqua can bake delicious treats and Terra is a picky eater and that Terra gave Ven his nickname cause Ventus was hard to say.
The rest is optional.

Zackarix

Awards
It's important to remember that extended universe material may be canon-compatible now, but that doesn't mean it won't be retconned in the future. For example, the short story "Roxas - Somewhere in Time" was rendered completely non-canon by Days.

That being said, most of the Character Files short stories don't stray far from the games and the details they introduce are the type that future games are unlikely to contradict.

Chie

Awards
Technically there is no such thing as canon.

There are more specific questions you could ask, like, "are they important to understand the story?" (seemingly not), "do they factor into Nomura's mental image of the story?" (unsure), "are they compatible with the events of the games?" (AFAIK yes).

We can't prove whether they really happened in the fiction because, well, it's all fiction anyway. Put them into your mental image of the series if you like them. Personally, I find Xigbar's very fascinating and potentially quite relevant.

Back