• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is choosing the dream rod meant to make you crap?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xell

Wait, wut?
I usually choose dream sword and I do quite good, but with the dream rod I'm doing crapily, Soras defense really sucks..

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Dream Rod = Pathetic...why, because magic serves little to no purpose before Cure at Deep Jungle (unless you fancy levelling up on DI for ages), and then magic is only really used for Mushrooms, Cure and Aero (+upgrades and Phantom fight)...it also depends whether you dropped shield or sword, but regardless i do consider Dream Rod the weakest of the 3 to start with...

Sora da Explorer

Yeah if you're one of the "all up in yo face, smack upside yo head wit my keyblade" people, then Dream Rod, isn't for you.....if you're a "Ahhhh dont hit me! *runs away and casts fire at heartless* ha I majicked you to death bitch!" person, then dream rod is for you!

Sacred Silver

Trumpline '08. ♥
Well, I did quite well with picking the dream rod. I actually was doing better with the dream rod and also when I used the Kingdom Key throughout the whole game.

Sora710

Who would choose the dream rod anyway?

its not like anyone uses magic 24/7

Well I chose the dream rod and havn't regreted it, magic is really needed in the tournaments and for my second choice I chose the dream sheild...

Enchanted Rose said:
Some people like a challenge.

I just like magic, I don't care if it's a huge challenge... I use magic alot in KH and I think it makes the game more FF-style (which is awsome!)

mainstream_clone

Secretly stalking Riku. >.>;; OHSHITSON! I'VE BEEN
Why are you all complaining about what YOU picked?

The Dream Rod sucks. I chose it once and in tyhe first fight after Awakening I was almost annihalated... by Selphie...cause my Def was so low... I guess I should't have gotten rid of the Shield, that didn't help...

Okay. You stink. :/ The Defense only drops down by ONE POINT. Not a big difference.

E

Evil-Riku

How can you guys have trouble using the rod at the beginning, It's basically the same, besides you can find Strength Ap, just find those and add them to sora.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Evil-Riku said:
How can you guys have trouble using the rod at the beginning, It's basically the same, besides you can find Strength Ap, just find those and add them to sora.

Yes but the only thing you can find to modify any of these in DI is a protect chain...
Defense and Strength are important at the start of the game, Magic only really comes into play when Cure is obtained (the use of Fire and such is generally minimal throughout the game), and that takes a while.

But sakura-chan, defense drops down from 2->1, which at the start of the game basically means a 50% drop in defense, which TBH is quite alot

E

Evil-Riku

Ya I know, but I don't see why you would wine about it, I think of it as a bit of a challenge, try doing that, and expert mode, thats for those who want a challenge. Like me.

horsedragon1632

I took the sword and got rid of the shield, and beat sephie in seconds. I train on Tidus, he always gets u the most exp, until you are strong enough to fight Riku.

~Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back