• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Days Really a Bad Game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days a bad game in terms of General games?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wayward-wind

Website
www.last.fm
Re: Do YOU like this? #2

In general I really liked the game. It gave a pretty good background on Roxas and the Organization which was very helpful on tieing up some loose ends. Gameplay was good and even the graphics were pretty good (having pretty much close to ps2 KH graphics in the cutscenes). And to me it felt pretty deep to me, plus it showed us Ventus in a scene

I agree. This is the game that really made me fall in love with the series and with Roxas <3

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
I don't get why it gets much hate, I love all the little details like where the magic carpet brings Genie to the desert with the "promise of old friends" and sees Roxas as Sora, but Genie doesn't get it. Ah everyone's entitled to their opinion but I feel like this game was equally as important as COM, true gameplay is a little slow but I just got frustrated playing the GBA version of COM. And either way this game is definitely better than recoded, recoded did absolutely jack for the plot.

combat was repetitive but honestly is any KH game NOT repetitive in the combat?
The music was great
the scenarios was great
all of the things in this game great.
except for the writing. the writing was SUPERB. the best of the series

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Nobody's worried about the combat being repetitive. It was the mission variety.

Exactly, I don't know how many times you had to beat down X heartless X times.

But yeah, combat was very linear, magic was hard to use and honestly not worth it half the time and it was just boring. I'm of the opinion that the story kept the game afloat

Nobody's worried about the combat being repetitive. It was the mission variety.
even with mission variety it is still suppoed to be limited
this is ROXAS after all the one who works as the organisation's "Sora"
did Sora do anything in his quests bar defeat X heartless, or defeat Boss??? no

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^And what makes you think we're asking Roxas to do anything outside of his or sora's capabilities?

Both Sora and Roxas did things the other didn't. Nobody's saying to not kill heartless. Just have some different missions. And Roxas did do recon which did not require him collecting hearts. There was also collecting emblems.

Korai

Awards
As far as kingdom hearts games go, this is definitely not the best, but its not the worst either, IMO. (sorry, re:coded lol) it had a touching story, it was pretty fun, and it had a lot of extra challenges. as far as nintendo DS games go, it was pretty good, I think. (it was MUCH better replaying it on a 3DS XL because of the larger screens and the circle pad, i reccomend replaying on 3DS if you have one and havent played 358/2 days since 3DS came out)

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^that's odd. Never had a DSI, myself, so I wouldn't notice. But the avatar menu in RE:Coded was like night and day.

Korai

Awards
^that's odd. Never had a DSI, myself, so I wouldn't notice. But the avatar menu in RE:Coded was like night and day.
ah the avatar menu... served next to no purpose lol. of all the tracks to play there, why merlins magical house?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Days is really only good for its plot, which suffers from an abysmal pace. If they had made the plot more succinct, probably every problem I have with this game would be alleviated, if not largely mitigated. It's just too long.

The Command Menu doesn't do well on the DS, but when you get used to it, it's decent enough I suppose. The panel system was interesting, albeit a little frustrating when you started getting up there in levels. A cool way to offer customization, which was more or less perfected with Re:coded. The missions aren't bad in and of themselves, but the sheer number of times you'll be accomplishing the same objectives takes a solid gameplay/progression mechanic and turns it into a tedious slog.

I can't say much about Mission Mode, but I'm sure it's more fun with friends.

Graphically, we obviously can't expect much from the DS (though I will say I thought Re:coded handled those limitations better).

In short, Square made the right choice to convert it to film for 1.5HD.

EDIT: Addendum: I've thought long and hard about Days and have come to the conclusion that it's not only a bad Kingdom Hearts game, but a bad game in general and it pains me that it's canonical. 358/2 Days had a lot of potential on a conceptual level, which it never got close to meeting. I blame the introduction of Xion.

Last edited:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
It's a bad Kingdom Hearts game. Instead of actually telling an interesting plot about what went on behind the scenes of the original game and take the opportunity to have us learn more about the organisation, we're introduced to a new and quite frankly pointless character and get to see a whole bunch of scenes involving ice cream eating!

The same goes for Coded and its remake. Neither of these games add anything of importance to the series. As far as a portable games in general go, sure, they're pretty decent but onstead of being tied to the main plot by paper thin explanations as to why, I wish they had just been standalone spin-off games.

Korai

Awards
In short, Square made the right choice to convert it to film for 1.5HD.
i read somewhere that even when they were making it for ds, the plan was to eventually remake it as a playable game, only greatly improved, and on a console (like they did with Re: COM) but it would have delayed the hd remixes and kh3 so much that they decided to just make it into a visual novel as part of hd 1.5 instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back