• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Days Really a Bad Game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days a bad game in terms of General games?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
From what I remember, it was quite tedious and frustratingly annoying at times. Never bought the game, but played in on my sis' DS back in the day. Wouldn't say it was horrible, just definitely not great.

bgizzles45

I don't think it was bad at all despite my frustration towards The Ruler of the Sky boss.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Well the first problem is that they called the game "358/2 Days" when you don't actually play 358 days. They should have called it something like "Kingdom Hearts: Deep Dive" or "Kingdom Hearts: Another Side" (Since Roxas is the other side of Sora) or at least "Kingdom Hearts: Another Story"

Instead of using days to tell the story use a chapter based system. Each chapter focuses on the important events of Roxas' time in the organization and you have a certain number of missions in each chapter. Let's say we have 13 chapters (Some will be longer or shorter than others) it would work like this:

Chapter I: Welcome to the Fold

Focuses on from the day Roxas joins the organization, tutorial, meets Xion and Axel, then ends with Roxas' falling to sleep because of the COM stuff.

Chapter II: Trio

Chapter where Roxas, Axel, and Xion become friends and also about Xion losing her Keyblade and then getting back at the end

Chapter Whatever: Xemnas' secrets

Focuses on Xemnas sending Axel to search for the room of waking in Castle Oblivion and also Xemnas mysteriously dissapearing to the room of repose.

Chapter Whatever: Revealed

Chapter where the artificial Kingdom Hearts takes form in the sky

Chapter XI: Missing

Xion runs away with Riku and Roxas and Axel bring her back

Chapter XII: Like it Should be

Small chapter with the trio enjoying some time together like they used to.

Chapter XIII: The Last Sunset

Xion runs away, gets captured and reprogramed by Xemnas. Roxas runs away and fights Xion and she returns to Sora. Roxas and Riku fight and Roxas gets chapter and leads into KH2.

TwilightLegends

I just finished it a couple hours ago. The game itself was decent, of course it was repetitive, but other then that, I enjoyed it and have no complaints, the story was great, pretty sad that it builds you up to get to know these characters and come to love them, just to take them away. Oh well, I guess they live on in sora sort of. This game also got me back into the series, I hadn't played a kingdom hearts game in years, since I finished Kingdom Hearts 2, but damn now it's got me itchin for more, the story is awesome.

theirlosthearts

Awards
Well the first problem is that they called the game "358/2 Days" when you don't actually play 358 days. They should have called it something like "Kingdom Hearts: Deep Dive" or "Kingdom Hearts: Another Side" (Since Roxas is the other side of Sora) or at least "Kingdom Hearts: Another Story"

Instead of using days to tell the story use a chapter based system. Each chapter focuses on the important events of Roxas' time in the organization and you have a certain number of missions in each chapter. Let's say we have 13 chapters (Some will be longer or shorter than others) it would work like this:

Chapter I: Welcome to the Fold

Focuses on from the day Roxas joins the organization, tutorial, meets Xion and Axel, then ends with Roxas' falling to sleep because of the COM stuff.

Chapter II: Trio

Chapter where Roxas, Axel, and Xion become friends and also about Xion losing her Keyblade and then getting back at the end

Chapter Whatever: Xemnas' secrets

Focuses on Xemnas sending Axel to search for the room of waking in Castle Oblivion and also Xemnas mysteriously dissapearing to the room of repose.

Chapter Whatever: Revealed

Chapter where the artificial Kingdom Hearts takes form in the sky

Chapter XI: Missing

Xion runs away with Riku and Roxas and Axel bring her back

Chapter XII: Like it Should be

Small chapter with the trio enjoying some time together like they used to.

Chapter XIII: The Last Sunset

Xion runs away, gets captured and reprogramed by Xemnas. Roxas runs away and fights Xion and she returns to Sora. Roxas and Riku fight and Roxas gets chapter and leads into KH2.

Personally, I enjoyed the system of days. I think it was well used to create greater emotional investment into the characters and into the story. Plus, I think it helped best mark the time between KH1 and KH2. Chapters would have been ok, but so many rpgs have used chapters for storytelling that the average gamer has become used to chapters. The days system is presented in a way that shows uses that have rarely been used in the gaming industry before.

As for the name, Roxas is in the organization for 358 days. And even if you only play approximately 90 days, the game still covers 358 days total.

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards
In terms of just games in general, it's okay. The gameplay is repetitive but its at least somewhat fun to play. But it's a really shitty KH game. I mean, seriously, they almost completely shaft the Disney element, and the story just drags on and on and on. And it doesn't really help when the main protagonist is a whiny emo bitch. Seriously, its a struggle to even finish playing through the game because the story is basically a shitty fanfic.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
The only thing that pissed me off was that I couldn't command Roxas' assassin nobodies.
Assassin Nobodies are Axel's domain. The Samurai Nobodies are associated with Roxas, though we've never seen nor played him commanding them.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
While it's true that a pair of Samurai Nobodies did keep Donald and Goofy at bay, I don't think that's exactly the same as them being commanded by Roxas to do so. Chronologically speaking, that would have been the very first instance we saw Roxas 'commanding' the Samurai, but it seems to come up out of nowhere and with no prior indication. With Days, the developers could have even gone back and retroactively made it so that Roxas was even juts beginning to develop the ability to command that type of Nobody. But they didn't.

If I recall the scene and timing correctly, Roxas was disenfranchised with the Organization at that point, and it came up out of nowhere, I take the reaction of those Samurai merely to be them acting in accordance with what their 'master' would have wanted, not that they were actually commanded. Plus, I think Roxas not being wholly/properly manifest at that point makes the idea of him explicitly commanding the Samurai a little shakier.

Awards
They should have been your default party members whenever you weren't paired with other members of the Organization. That would have been an easy way to implement them. It's too bad....

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
I didn't mind Days. The way you customized your abilities and whatnot was extremely addicting for me (but CoM wins the cake on that one). I also leveled up super fast so a lot of the "hard" bosses --aka the Sky boss-- weren't necessarily a challenge save for the boss in Halloweentown with the graves and whatnot. I wasn't a big fan of that battle.

The story was okay. The journal entries were somewhat pointless for the first several days because Roxas never really has anything to contribute aside from "WE ATE ICE CREAM" and "WHERES AXEL AND XION?" The actual story was okay, I wish there was more Organization member involvement and more exploration into the concept and idea of the team that went into Castle Oblivion. I felt like that wasn't explored enough. The worlds (like always) felt prety empty but its a KH game.... What do you expect? Personally I'm a major Riku fangirl so I really enjoyed the moments/cutscenes with him :3 But overall it was okay. Not my favorite but CERTAINLY not the worst (I'm looking at you BBS).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wish there was more Organization member involvement and more exploration into the concept and idea of the team that went into Castle Oblivion. I felt like that wasn't explored enough. The worlds (like always) felt prety empty but its a KH game.... What do you expect?
I agree. It was a wasted opportunity, but I think it was only because of Days being released before Birth by Sleep. If that game came out first, I believe there would have been a lot more on the Terra/Aqua/Ven front.

And yeah, there wasn't that much to the worlds, but I guess because Roxas was meant to be "undercover" it sorta gave an explanation for the empty worlds.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I didn't hate days though it's not my favorite kh game. It was pretty dramatic despite Roxas not interacting with any Disney character whatsoever and not really spending more time with other members other than xion and axel. The gameplay wasn't terrible but missions got so repetitive and the journal entries were boring to read save for cryptic ones from xigbar or xemnas or something like that. There's plenty more I have to say but I won't say now

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I know this might sound like an overly artsy/hipster remark, but I actually liked how he really didn't interact with the disney characters. It kinda reflects Roxas' state of existence. He's there physically, but he's not a whole person (if anything about this is debunked in 3D, don't tell me; I still haven't played it.) You're almost experiencing a shell of what it was like when Sora visited those worlds (even though Roxas technically went to Beast's Castle long before Sora.) I don't know. I really like the game. I just wished that it mattered more to the overall plot.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I didn't hate days though it's not my favorite kh game. It was pretty dramatic despite Roxas not interacting with any Disney character whatsoever and not really spending more time with other members other than xion and axel. The gameplay wasn't terrible but missions got so repetitive and the journal entries were boring to read save for cryptic ones from xigbar or xemnas or something like that. There's plenty more I have to say but I won't say now

I actually liked the journal entries, as Roxas' inner thoughts arent always gonna come out in dialogue.

Malevolence

Raw Life
Days was fun. gameplay was okay, story was interesting, but the whole "lets have ice cream after every mission" thing was annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back