• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Days Really a Bad Game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days a bad game in terms of General games?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Days is in my opinion a bad game gameplay wise. However story wise, it is the best in the series. I was on the verge of tears when i finished it

WayToDusk

For being a game on the DS, it had pretty good graphics. However, when my L button stopped working, gameplay frustrated me to no end for a number of reasons.

I did like the whole overall story in general, and I nearly cried when Xion died. (I didn't because Roxas killed the mood with the English version of the line.)

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
For being a game on the DS, it had pretty good graphics. However, when my L button stopped working, gameplay frustrated me to no end for a number of reasons.

I did like the whole overall story in general, and I nearly cried when Xion died. (I didn't because Roxas killed the mood with the English version of the line.)
I cried at that scene, especially at the end where Roxas was running off to meet Hayner, Olette and Pence and the clock tower was shown. I remember the times Axel, Roxas and Xion spent there and that Roxas was forced to forget it.

CyberPunk

Is days really a bad game? You're asking someone who played on a keyboard and with no sound (long story).
AND I LOVED IT!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

You know, i never got why fans thought that roxas' line killed the mood. You have to keep in mind that roxas idea of friendship is eating ice cream on the clock tower. Xion was dead, axel had left, there was no one else to share ice cream with. He was basically saying. "Who will be my friend?"

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You know, i never got why fans thought that roxas' line killed the mood. You have to keep in mind that roxas idea of friendship is eating ice cream on the clock tower. Xion was dead, axel had left, there was no one else to share ice cream with. He was basically saying. "Who will be my friend?"

Exactly why it killed the mood. Not only us 'who will be my friend' a pretty inappropriately self-centred thing to say at that moment, it changed the meaning of the original line entirely.

English: 'Who will I have ice cream with?'
Japanese: 'Let's have ice cream again, the three of us together!'

In Japanese it is far more meaningful because instead of being a selfish ass asking a dying person 'whos gonna be MY friend now' he's trying to give her hope, and because he lets slip that Axel is still important to him ('the three of us') and he wants everyone to be together like before. (Which also comes up later in that weird conversation he has with Riku before the Deep Dive mangling, that he wants things to go back to the way they were)

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Exactly why it killed the mood. Not only us 'who will be my friend' a pretty inappropriately self-centred thing to say at that moment, it changed the meaning of the original line entirely.

In Japanese it is far more meaningful because instead of being a selfish ass asking a dying person 'whos gonna be MY friend now' he's trying to give her hope, and because he lets slip that Axel is still important to him ('the three of us') and he wants everyone to be together like before. (Which also comes up later in that weird conversation he has with Riku before the Deep Dive mangling, that he wants things to go back to the way they were)

Exactly. I know people say he was desperate and his friend was dying, but that warrant a desperate cry for his friend to live on, not to think of how lonely he'll be, plus the exclusion of Axel in the english translation had me bitter during this scene. Surprisingly it's still one of my favorite scenes in the game, despite it being made to force tears outta your eyeballs whether you liked xion or not

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Wow I was unaware of that change, that really does change the feel of the scene. I think I like the Japanese line better, I wonder why they changed it?

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm pretty sure it's cause the English translation would have taken a lot longer to say than the Japanese words, so they had to find something shorter to say that would fit the proper length. It's sad but part of the process, I guess :c

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm pretty sure it's cause the English translation would have taken a lot longer to say than the Japanese words, so they had to find something shorter to say that would fit the proper length. It's sad but part of the process, I guess :c

Well I'm sure they could have found some way to convoy the same message even if they had to shorten it. It's really sad that they changed the message so much. But what's done is done.

Wayward Wind

Well the graphics weren't exactly fantastic and the gameplay was a bit repetitive, I only found it good towards the last 70 ish days really. But I did like it, you got to see the organization HQ and what went on inside and Roxas's past. I like the manga better really because I dunno its just a bit better story wise? I wouldn't say its a bad game though. Re:coded is 'bad' in my opinion.

Dadimscare

I love Days, the mission might be repetitive but the story was solid. It really made you understand what happened to Roxas during his time in the Organization until he was transferred into Simulated Twilight Town. Roxas went from a zombie like person into someone who wanted to protect the only friends he ever known. The scene between Axel and Roxas, when Roxas was leaving the Organization made me tear especially when Roxas said "No on will miss me" and Axel said "That's not true...I would". And then the Xion/Roxas scene just made me cry. The whole game was an emotional roller coaster, you were there during Roxas happy days when the 3 of them are eating ice cream to the sad days where he lost Xion and leaving OG & Axel.

DAT CUT SCENE WITH RIKU WAS EPIC. Was waiting the whole game to be able to see DW Roxas. Mission Mode with DW Roxas is so fun. [h=3][/h]

Awards
Days just seemed like fan fiction to me. It could've done without Xion. Not really a fan of her lol it was cool to be able to play as all of the members of the organization, but the battle system wasnt really good on the DS and the missions got really boring and repetitive, plus they picked the worst words for it and they didnt offer anything new

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Yknow, I wonder if they changed that line for 1.5

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Well, it's not exactly newsflash that Roxas can be pretty selfish in some instances, and there it was an emotionally straining situation where everything went down with a bang, so it can also be read as a request like "don't leave me!".

That said though, I didn't know the line carried that different of a meaning in the Japanese original where it wasn't even a question.
While the English line isn't that horrible to me as some make it out to be, I agree that the Japanese variant is definitely better worded.

If the length is the problem, they could still have kept it as a statement instead of a question by only taking the first part of the Japanese sentence.
There wasn't really a need to rephrase it into a question.

Exactly. I know people say he was desperate and his friend was dying, but that warrant a desperate cry for his friend to live on, not to think of how lonely he'll be, plus the exclusion of Axel in the english translation had me bitter during this scene. Surprisingly it's still one of my favorite scenes in the game, despite it being made to force tears outta your eyeballs whether you liked xion or not

Like I said above, it can be read as a "don't leave me"-bit, as he does want to have her live on, although phrasing it as a question unlucky in that regard, a desperate "Let's have ice-cream again!" would certainly have worked better.

Master Kamui

Re: Do YOU like this? #2

I cried so much at that line, though! It tied back to the beginning of the game and their definition of friendship, as well as showing how... "innocent", for lack of a better word, they were. Axel basically told him friend=person you have ice cream with. He was asking who else would be his friend... That's another thing I liked. I was a little disappointed at how easily I took down Riku compared to Xion, though...

yes i so agree, i cried at that line too, Roxas was a blank slate in the beggining and only had so long to learn stuff like friendship.. he wasn't trying to say that he only cares about ice cream but he's thinking back to his happiest times were having ice cream with Axel and Xion, it's a symbol of how he regonizes friendship.
and i loved this game, not as much as some other KH games though, but i liked days far more than chain of memories and re:coded.

Wander

Gameplay wise, it's not the greatest game, but I found myself playing through it anyway just to find out what happens next. The story kept me entertained throughout the game, and I wasn't disappointed by how it turned out. The character development was better than most KH games, at least IMO. Maybe a little biased because Roxas is my favorite character, but eh I didn't like Xion much and the ending still pulled on my heartstrings. Just the thought of being forced to end your best friend just... touches you... in places.

Not the best game, but by no means is it a bad game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back