• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is it possible to make new stories in Disney worlds?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bas2804

I don't know if this is the right place to post it, so sorry if I'm wrong!

After the Xehanort Saga, what's Nomura going to do? Is he going to use Disney Tv series or more Live Action movies?

Because I hope that they still could use worlds from the original Disney movies (like Agrabah, TNBC, Peter Pan, .....) but come up with original stories? You know, new original stories. Are they allowed to that (from Disney)? Or can they only use the stories from the movies and Tv series? It would also be cool if we could see some cross-overs between the worlds. Like if something would shake up whole the KH universe where Aladdin and Belle would end up in Wonderland for example and Sora should bring them back to their home worlds.

Would anyone of you be up for that and/or do you think Disney would allow that?

And if not, what do you think Nomura is going to do after the Xehanort Saga without recycling storylines?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We still have other movies to use after the Xehanort Saga. Maybe not as many as we'd hope, but there are. And KH has made original plots before so it isn't a stretch that they'd do it again. I don't think they are ready for crossing over Disney in KH yet. Maybe after the Xehanort Saga and what the state of the worlds are by then.

Animated TV shows are something many people want in KH because it opens up more stories and worlds.

I'd say you should have posted this in the "Worlds of Kingdom Hearts" thread...

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Of course it's possible. The first thing that comes to mind is Beauty & the Beast: In both II and the first, the story surrounding its characters were largely original, except for select indispensable elements from the film. IMO, it was some of the most successful uses of Disney's characters in the series; nothing's stopping them from doing more of the same in the future.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'd love to see original plots in the Disney worlds as they've done before to where they've fit into the plot versus having the original plot and it not fitting in. And they still have many choices, there are numerous films they have yet to do yet and there's also shows (Kim Possible, Gargoyles, etc.) which could span out enough of a story for three games at least with how many environments, storylines, and what-not is going on without it feeling stale or gross. Hell, they could do that for worlds we already have had (Aladdin) but they haven't.

Plus, they could always have original plots involving both the Disney part of a world and an FF character, like in KH2's BbS's Olympus Colosseum.

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.
Well, there are 50 feature-length Disney movies, so I doubt they're running short, though some of those movies wouldn't/shouldn't really fit (lawl, Home on the Range). I don't really know how many Disney movies make it over to Japan (I really can't see Home on the Range having done that), but it seems Kingdom Hearts focuses more on famous movies that are renown worldwide, which makes me think a lot of TV shows/movies don't make it over to Japan.

As for original stories, I'm positive they can, but I find personally I have the most fun when Sora, Donald, and Goofy are just placed inside the already-existing Disney stories, like they're interrupting it. My go-to one for this and one of my favorite Disney moments in the series is when Sora storms in and stops the Queen of Hearts from sentencing Alice to death. Maybe it's because as a child I used to imagine myself in the stories of my favorite movies/books, and Kingdom Hearts let me live that to an extent.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I have a feeling that the true light (kingdom hearts) from Kairis grandmas story might return and the worlds will be reconnected. If so we can expect a lot of crossovers and stuff. If not, then I'm still hoping for it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I have a feeling that the true light (kingdom hearts) from Kairis grandmas story might return and the worlds will be reconnected. If so we can expect a lot of crossovers and stuff. If not, then I'm still hoping for it.

I believe that it will return, but all of the worlds will be one again, creating a free-roaming world possibly like Final Fantasy XII.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'm confused. Are you asking if SE can make up new Disney stories within the movies that have had nothing to do with a Disney movie released thus far besides its characters? (ex: a sequel to Snow White where she is married to Prince Charming?) If that is what you are asking, then I would say no. I do not think that Disney would allow SE to use their characters in settings that have not been crafted by Disney thus far.

Epic_Finale722

I'm confused. Are you asking if SE can make up new Disney stories within the movies that have had nothing to do with a Disney movie released thus far besides its characters? (ex: a sequel to Snow White where she is married to Prince Charming?) If that is what you are asking, then I would say no. I do not think that Disney would allow SE to use their characters in settings that have not been crafted by Disney thus far.

I would say they have. Belle was never kidnapped by maleficent and brought to another world in Beauty and the Beast. The entire plot of Neverland, and Olympus Colosseum in Birth by Sleep was filler. The stories for Olympus Colosium, Atlantica, and Holloween Town in Kingdom Hearts 1 were prequel stories as well. All of the Wonderland events in 358/2 days takes place after the movie.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I would say they have. Belle was never kidnapped by maleficent and brought to another world in Beauty and the Beast. The entire plot of Neverland, and Olympus Colosseum in Birth by Sleep was filler. The stories for Olympus Colosium, Atlantica, and Holloween Town in Kingdom Hearts 1 were prequel stories as well. All of the Wonderland events in 358/2 days takes place after the movie.

The parts where the Disney movies intertwine would not count towards what I said as Disney worlds do not interact with one another, thus leaving SE to have to fabricate those (Maleficent doesn't have world-traveling powers as far we know it in the movie). The plot of OC and Neverland are also affected by the Zack and Mickey's star shard, thus making SE have to make up theirs as well. However, OC's storyline was where Herc was trained by Phil and Neverland's was Pan was stealing Hook's treasure. That stuff was all mentioned in the movie and thus could have happened technically since we knew it had happened (Herc was trained by Phil, this could have been one of those exercises. Hook did say that Pan had messed with him, this could be a reference he was talking about).

Also, Atlantica's wasn't a prequel, it was an alternate world and the same goes for Halloweentown. Atlantica and Halloweentown's worlds were based off of the Disney movies that the worlds are made from, which is what I had said. At the time of KH1, they did not know if it would be a success, so in case there was no KH2, they followed the storyline and had Ursula and Oogie Boogie die (or so we thought). Also, the events of Wonderland are most of the events that happened in the Disney movie and the book itself, thus making that an alternate world as well.

What I was saying was that SE would not be allowed to make a world with a storyline that wasn't stated AT ALL by Disney. For example, if they showed Snow White's future considering they never did in the movie or mentioned it. Or if they showed what Ariel's future was and it did not have anything to do with Melody from Little Mermaid 2. That is what I was saying...sure, the worlds aren't 100% like the movies, but that is impossible considering SE already added Sora into the mix. The worlds are very close though to the movie in storyline because I do no think SE could make up their own storylines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back