• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Kairi an official Disney Princess?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Sorry if this has been discussed before or whatever, but I was just wondering. Since Disney owns Kairi, along with the other original characters made for the game.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
No. Disney would never portray her as an official Disney Princess. She, and the series, isn't that well known.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Nope. The current official Disney Princess lineup consists of Ariel, Pocahontas, Jasmine, Belle, Rapunzel, Aurora, Cinderella, Tiana, Mulan and Snow White.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Why so many threads? Anyway, no, they would've marketed her to death if she was, and she hasn't appeared anywhere outside of Kingdom Hearts.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
A princess requires a charming prince. Sora is not charming nor a prince, so...

/thread

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Kairi is Square's creation, so I'd assume Disney wouldn't like the idea of a Non-Disney creation to be part of the Princess line-up.

Besides. She isn't 'royalty' to say the least.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
A princess requires a charming prince. Sora is not charming nor a prince, so...

/thread

THAT'S AN OPINOIN UR WROONNNGGGGGGG even though I completely agree.

Even so, I seriously, completely, undoubtedly believe that Kairi will never appear outside of Kingdom Hearts. Maybe a cameo or something, but not on a poster with all of the other Princesses.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Technically half of Kairi is owned by Disney, and the other half by SQENIX, sooo...

I don't think we would want to see half of Kairi as a Disney Princess.

:3

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Well everyone already pretty much answered but...no. She's not an official Disney princess. She's half owned by Square, hasn't had a leading part in a movie, nor is a real (thought a character doesn't have to be a real princess either to be considered a Disney princess) princess so she's lacking most qualifications.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Nope. The current official Disney Princess lineup consists of Ariel, Pocahontas, Jasmine, Belle, Rapunzel, Aurora, Cinderella, Tiana, Mulan and Snow White.
And soon to be Sophia.

Awards
Ahh, I see. Well thanks for taking the time to answer.~

I was leaning on the "nah she isn't a 'Disney Princess'" side anyhow.

Angel's Prayer

Bronze Member
Bascule -Heaven there is not even up to the sky-
Kairi is a 'Princess of Light' which is a totally different thing.

Ariel and Mulan are in the games, but their Disney Princess status is hardly ever mentioned.

Besides, Disney would never have one of them big-eyed animu girls as an official princess; it's just not Disney. And being designed by someone from a totally seperate company doesn't help matters either.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Just because Disney had a part in making Kingdom Hearts doesn't mean that Kairi becomes a princess instantly.

If anything, she was only a princess in the game because of having a pure heart, while the others were actual princesses in the first place.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Wait one second how is Mulan classfied as a Disney Princess it's a C.O.N.spiracy.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ Turn

Yeah agreed just saying they never fit the bill not saying there couldn't ever be a Chinese Princess, but her just no for that matter she wasn't even royal as we all know.

Same thing for Tiana(loved that movie, and I am black) just felt like a poor excuse to bill her as a black princess.

Oh well though cause it's not that serious.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
@ Turn

Yeah agreed just saying they never fit the bill not saying there couldn't ever be a Chinese Princess, but her just no for that matter she wasn't even royal as we all know.

Same thing for Tiana(loved that movie, and I am black) just felt like a poor excuse to bill her as a black princess.

Oh well though cause it's not that serious.
Well, it says in that wiki page
"Tinker Bell was once included under the principle that the princess need not be of royal heritage. However, it was decided she was not suited for the series "mythology""
So that's, most likely, their reasoning for Mulan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back