• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is KH 1.5 really needed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorakh212

Awards
I would easily argue yes for multiple reasons. For starters most other games that have had HD remakes are not only sort of a "thing" now, but they are also quite successful especially for those that crave nostalgia. Second if Nomura were to release this followed by yet another HD remake it would all sort of set the stage if you will and help put things into perspective for both the veteran fans, potential new fans, and anyone in between for the next installment in the KH franchise aka the highly anticipated, and in my opinion long overdue, KH3. I know the concept seems sort of odd, silly, and potentially unnecessary, but even movies in Hollywood get remade at least every other decade or so and seeing as how gaming is still very young and somewhat in its infancy if you will it makes sense to do so especially with the technological advancements that have been made over the past decade alone. That and even Nomura himself talked about how it's somewhat difficult to beat all of the games simply because they're so scattered over I think about 5 different gaming devices and it's much easier to have them all on the same console or device. I mean I for one can't wait to get KH1.5 HD ReMIX if it gets a release outside Japan and based on that I would be even more ecstatic for a 2.5 in the years to come. Also if you think about it chronologically in terms of story more or less it makes sense.
2013-KH1.5
2014-KH2.5
2015-KH3 Maybe?
One can dream anyways...

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It makes sense though, splitting the collection in two. Since it's mainly being made with people who haven't been able to play all the games in mind. Including all the games on a single blu-ray disc would really just feel overwhelming for them.

Hyunickel

I think the reason behind KH 1.5 ( Although I would have much preferred having KH1, KH2, KH:Re Chain all in one collection) is to get new players into the series. It has been quite a long time since the original was out, heck its been 10 years! So there are plenty of people who want to get into the series but are intimated by the sheer amount of releases and the complicated storyline. For them, KH 1.5 is the perfect starting point. This is mainly a method to get the hype train moving back towards KH3.

Arpack

Awards
That could very well be the case, but i dont think that's why they are creating that game.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That could very well be the case, but i dont think that's why they are creating that game.

It's definitely not the only reason, but it is a large factor.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm just wondering if KH 2.5 is covering KHBBSFM, KH2FM, Re: Coded and probably 3DS.
We don't have confirmation but it only makes sense for 2.5 to include KH2FM, BBSFM, and Re:coded cutscenes. 3D could be included, only time will tell.

Arpack

Awards
We don't have confirmation but it only makes sense for 2.5 to include KH2FM, BBSFM, and Re:coded cutscenes. 3D could be included, only time will tell.

It is a strong possiblity that it might, but to be honest with you...nobody anticipated that 1.5 was coming out let alone 3D.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It is a strong possiblity that it might, but to be honest with you...nobody anticipated that 1.5 was coming out let alone 3D.

Maybe not 3D, but ... nearly everyone anticipated an HD collection. Or are you referring to this split which would be I.5 and II.5 ?

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Is there going to be a 3.5 or something after KH3?

Why would there be? KHIII is probably gonna be on ps3 and it is the final title in this saga, so most likely no. There would be no reason. 1.5 and 2.5 are HD remasters that allow players to not only experience better graphics but also so they can have all the titles on these two releases.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
There really wouldn't be any need, seeing as KH3 will probably be on PS3 anyway. Maybe a "Seeker of Darkness Chronicles" Box Set with 1.5, 2.5, and 3, but not another HD collection.
I can see it now, HD remakes of every game for the PS4 ready for the next installment, KH4.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
There really wouldn't be any need, seeing as KH3 will probably be on PS3 anyway. Maybe a "Seeker of Darkness Chronicles" Box Set with 1.5, 2.5, and 3, but not another HD collection.

I honestly can only see that coming out as a Collector's Edition in Japan (kind of how they did DDD + Days + Re:Coded for the 10th anniversary) because people in Japan wouldn't mind buying the same game again because they buy CE like it is nothing. In the US I think they'll instead just make a limited edition box for KH3 will all the extra goodies that came in the Japanese version.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I honestly can only see that coming out as a Collector's Edition in Japan (kind of how they did DDD + Days + Re:Coded for the 10th anniversary) because people in Japan wouldn't mind buying the same game again because they buy CE like it is nothing. In the US I think they'll instead just make a limited edition box for KH3 will all the extra goodies that came in the Japanese version.

yeah, you're right. I wonder what KH4 is going to be like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back