• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is KH affiliated with the Bible!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dark Heart

I'm a Christian, and some things in KH seem like an alagory to me( for those of you who don't know, an alagory is a stroy that represents something in the bible like angels fighting demons.EG. Lord of the Rings) I just want to get some input on this.

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
well im christian too but i really ddnt recognize anything obvious can u be a lil more specific? lol

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
Silverwolf1500 said:
All things relate back to the battles of light and darkness...It is a universal battle and most evidently in the world today.

And trying to keep the balance, which is why I think there is Twilight. Because if one side finally conquered all, it wouldn't work.

Pure good, no evil left = Good corrupts itself, thus creating some more evil.

Pure evil, no good left = Chances are evil kills themselves out.

Balance is essential.

DarrcEnigma

The way I see it, one side can never "really" lose. You destroy one part of it and another part takes it's place. Then while in the process of destroying that part, one or more new parts are created. "Part," of course, can be replaced with whatever you desire -- just as light and dark could be replaced with good and evil.

You can't have one without the other though. If everything was "light," for instance, there not only wouldn't be darkness, but no "true" light either. It would just be a whole lot of undefinable (don't think that's really a word...), meaningless nothing. The same would go for all darkness too, I suppose, even though darkness is the absence of light to begin with.
... That's just my view of it though. In reality, I think it might simply come down to not being able to come up with a rational way of explaining how one can exist without the other.

As far as religion goes, I personally have no religion, nor have I held a Bible, let alone read one. I do believe that, given enough time, anything can be compared to anything else. In the end, no matter how "original" a story or idea is, it has many parts stemming from one or more basic concepts. Meaning if you remove the details and simplify the remainder as far as possible, you're bound to be able to compare multiple stories and call them similar or exactly the same. If you look at Kingdom Hearts and the Bible as wholes though, I don't think you'd be able to compare all that much.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Dark Heart said:
I'm a Christian, and some things in KH seem like an alagory to me( for those of you who don't know, an alagory is a stroy that represents something in the bible like angels fighting demons.EG. Lord of the Rings) I just want to get some input on this.

Why, of course! The hard-working writers, directors, modelers, animators, composers and programmers at Square-Enix in the otherwise Shintoism/Buddhism-exclusive Japan are avid fans of the Bible.

Seriously though, the theory goes something as follows; there are only a set amount of stories in the world, retold throughout the ages with slight variation. The times may change, and details are warped, lost and reinvented, but the core tales are always the same. If you look hard enough, you will discover links between the Bible, Moby [EDIT: Apparently the full name of what is considered by many to be Herman Melville's greatest work has been censored by the forum, but nevermind], Kingdom Hearts, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Othello and literally every other piece of fiction.

Secondly, an allegory is something abstract, be it ideas or principles, described by concrete, narrated events, characters and situations. Not related to the Bible per se.

Last edited:

Nameless_1

I'm not a christian, but I agree. The thing is that the bible was the original light v dark story, and so every other light v dark story will draw some parallels...

phoenixreborn

Website
www.myspace.com-thephoenixreborn
LordMune said:
If you look hard enough, you will discover links between the Bible, Moby , Kingdom Hearts, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Othello and literally every other piece of fiction.

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say, do NOT consider the Bible to be fiction. I myself am a Christian, and while I know that there are many people with their own religions and beliefs, you have no right to judge someone else's religion. Everybody has something that they believe in, and I would appreciate if you don't put down someone's religious symbol on a public board.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
I never explicitly stated that the bible specifically is fiction. Now, the events described in the bible may have happened, but then they were written down for others to read, hence the texts inspired others. And, despite whatever you might believe, there are similarities between biblical stories and pre-bible myths. That is something you cannot deny. I'm not saying the bible isn't true, but that the writers of it may have been... influenced by oral traditions.

iluvriku

what do you mean "influenced by oral traditions"!? They were told by God what to write and every bit of the Bible is true whether you believe in it or not
oh! and about kh having to do with the Bible the only thing I can see would be the battle between light an darkness, and good and evil.

phoenixreborn

Website
www.myspace.com-thephoenixreborn
I simply don't believe that it's good to put down other people's religions. The Bible, to me and millions of other people, is 100% true, and the authors of the 66 books of the Bible were NOT influenced by "oral traditions." Just like iluvriku said, those men and women were instructed by God to write what the Bible says. Then of course you have the people who don't believe in God or Jesus or the coming of the tribulation. But you need to examine a couple of facts... which I will post when I get home ^ . ^;;

keybladehitokiri

Website
www.everonward.tk
Not to start a flame war, but with the whole details being warped thing... the Red Sea scrolls... Or was it the Dead Sea scrolls... Anyways, these scrolls were the oldest Biblical writings ever found, they contained texts from Isaiah, and other books of the Bible, when translated the texts were found to be virtually unchanged as we read it today.

And yes I'm gonna have to say nearly all games, books, and tv shows are light battling darkness, but Kingdom Hearts takes a more direct approach, the darkness here is real and tangible, and so is the light, this isn't people killing each in a battlefield on what they think is right. This is a invasion of pure darkness, literally stealing souls always thirsting for more. That is most likely why it was noticed.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
If you want to start a flame war over whether the bible is true or not- don't. There are already a couple of threads in Intelligent Discussion for that purpose. Stop warping what I say into what you expect and/or wish to hear. Why is this topic in the KH2 forum to begin with?

I was just citing a theory widely regarded to be true, I even explained my statement in further detail when you felt offended... Followed by three separate posters basically crying religious intolerance and lecturing me about how a collection of books, some of which are thousands of years old, is the incorruptible word of god with mankind having little to no influence over its conception. Please note that I said this now- not before. Had I typed this in my original message I would understood your reaction, but as it is now, I do not.
I guess my attempt at being diplomatic has failed...

This threads needs to be moved to the relevant section, either KH1 or intelligent discussion.

electrikeyblade14

ok, i'm christian, but i couldn't be less religious(ha! try figuring that out!!!) so i really don't have too much say, but no flames plz. why do you ppl give a crap weather ohters believe or not???

any way, go ahead and say kh could be religious, but that would be the last thing i'd think!!!

but that's jut me. the Non-Religious-Christian.

The Sorrow

VersionX said:
And trying to keep the balance, which is why I think there is Twilight. Because if one side finally conquered all, it wouldn't work.

Pure good, no evil left = Good corrupts itself, thus creating some more evil.

Pure evil, no good left = Chances are evil kills themselves out.

Balance is essential.
The New Heaven and the New Earth REVELATION 21:1-8

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; [1] and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

I'm a Christian too and here is a script from The Bible. According to Revelation 21:8, ALL EVIL DOERS will have their part in the lake of fire, which we call "hell" and thus the Second Death. Evil wont exist anymore someday and there won't be balance. Only GOOD will rule the earth. Evil is no more.

ChristinaKingdom

Ok, u people need to chill. THIS IS A VIDEO GAME!!!(for kids, too!)
And also no matter wat religion u have there is a light vs. dark quality in it.
So calm down and smoke some doobies with me. *So we can get high and talk to God.
I don't go to church and I do it every sunday.

*this is NOT true. Christina is not a pothead.Yet.**

**Ok. this is a joke.

Silverwolf1500

The Silver Guardian
Evil wont exist anymore someday and there won't be balance. Only GOOD will rule the earth. Evil is no more.[/QUOTE] The Sorrow

If that is the case, then there will be nothing. Good and light alone cannot rule, for without opposition, there is no reason for it's existance at all. Without evil, there is nothing of goodness. It needs this balance to sustain itself. Without balance, there is only void.
"A house divided against itself cannot stand"
but as I said earlier, KH contains many allusions relating to the bible.

The Sorrow

Silverwolf1500 said:
Evil wont exist anymore someday and there won't be balance. Only GOOD will rule the earth. Evil is no more.
The Sorrow

If that is the case, then there will be nothing. Good and light alone cannot rule, for without opposition, there is no reason for it's existance at all. Without evil, there is nothing of goodness. It needs this balance to sustain itself. Without balance, there is only void.
"A house divided against itself cannot stand"
but as I said earlier, KH contains many allusions relating to the bible.[/QUOTE]

Ok. And where did you get that idea? I got mine from The Bible, The very words of God.
And what I've shared here is not a fiction, it's a fact. It will REALLY happen someday.
I'm not gonna force you to believe.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back