• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Is my PS3 spoiled?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
So basically I've always turned my ps3 off the 'wrong way.' (hitting switch at the back) Only recently have I started doing it the 'right way.'(touching the button up front first) Anyways there was a power outage recently that happened while my PS3 was on.

When the power came back on, the screen was black when I tried to use it again. My TV detected the HDMI but when I tried to use it...the screen was, like I said, black..

Is my PS3 ruined? Is there any way to fix it?

ChaoticHeart

Wandering aimlessly through the blind eternities..
Try this, put your PS3 into standby mode so that the red LED is lighting at the front, press and hold the 'on' symbol for while until you hear a few beeps, this puts it back to default settings, it dosen't do anything to game saves or stored files, it just resets the settings, i.e. display settings, sound settings, etc...

kingdomkey96

Try this, put your PS3 into standby mode so that the red LED is lighting at the front, press and hold the 'on' symbol for while until you hear a few beeps, this puts it back to default settings, it dosen't do anything to game saves or stored files, it just resets the settings, i.e. display settings, sound settings, etc...

Thing is, I've tried doing that but it just beeps after a few seconds and stays green.

Also all of a sudden I can't eject out my disks anymore (I was doing that just in case to see if it was a disk problem. Realising it wasn't, I wanted to take the disk out entirely but now it won't come out)

I mean I was hoping nothing was wrong because after doing some google searches I thought that I didn't have too bad a problem as long as I didn't get the YLOD.

I tried using the red,yellow and white cables instead of the HDMI but all it says is 'no signal' when I do that...

ChaoticHeart

Wandering aimlessly through the blind eternities..
It seems to be showing all the signs of the YLOD without the light, which is odd, try it on a normal, 50hz, tv, using the scart leads. I know my sisters PS3 got the YLOD and everything that you're describing is what happened. If it was during a power-cut chances are some of the circuitry was fried, and if that's the case you're probably better off getting a new console.

kingdomkey96

It seems to be showing all the signs of the YLOD without the light, which is odd, try it on a normal, 50hz, tv, using the scart leads. I know my sisters PS3 got the YLOD and everything that you're describing is what happened. If it was during a power-cut chances are some of the circuitry was fried, and if that's the case you're probably better off getting a new console.

I know...Reading what the YLOD does makes me think that it happened just without the light as you said.

I'll try what you said and maybe carry it to get it fixed. If the guy says he can not do it I'll just try to get straight A's next semester and hope my parents re buy me one.

Oh well...*disappointed sigh*

kingdomkey96

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help bud, hopefully it's not too serious a problem and you can get it fixed.

No you gave great help.

I'm less confused now (still confused but less so XD). I'll try some of the stuff you said and if it does't work I'll cross my fingers and hope to get it fixed.

:)

*optimistic smile*

EDIT:Okay, it turns out that I CAN turn off my PS3 by pressing the button infront. Now I'm more confused because I read the the YLOD makes it impossible to turn off your PS3 without pulling the plug or hitting the switch on the back.

:(????

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 36435

It is possible the power outage caused some sort of problem with it. Usually, they just fry the power supply of the device but it's possible it hit something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back