• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Re: Coded important to the storyline?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
i never said the game asn't important, i just said that development seemed rather disposable like the game.
If you thought it was important, you wouldn't think development on it was "disposable". That's pretty contradictory.

Point is, the game is important to the storyline. Whether or not a fan believes it is important for themselves to experience that part of the storyline is completely up to them. If you already have a DS though, I don't see why you would deprive yourself of what looks to be a truly amazing and fun game though, with a lot of great character focused story nuances.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
If you already have a DS though, I don't see why you would deprive yourself of what looks to be a truly amazing and fun game though, with a lot of great character focused story nuances.

Look at CoM.
>_>
Lots of people with GBA skipped it but as soon as the ps2 one came out they were up for it.
In fact same thing happened with Coded most peope said fuck it untilt hey DS one was announched it all depend son the system they put it on >_>

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Look at CoM.
>_>
Lots of people with GBA skipped it but as soon as the ps2 one came out they were up for it.
In fact same thing happened with Coded most peope said fuck it untilt hey DS one was announched it all depend son the system they put it on >_>
So, basically, you're just saying people are retarded.

Allister Rose

French Lover
If you thought it was important, you wouldn't think development on it was "disposable". That's pretty contradictory.

Point is, the game is important to the storyline. Whether or not a fan believes it is important for themselves to experience that part of the storyline is completely up to them. If you already have a DS though, I don't see why you would deprive yourself of what looks to be a truly amazing and fun game though, with a lot of great character focused story nuances.
what are you talking about? it's like you intentionally dodge the point i'm trying to make.

the game is pretty important in the series because it further hints towards the future it's not a contradictory, you're only seing it that way. and i never argued that it wasn't important to the story line just that it's disposable, (doesn't mean it should be disposed of, just that no harm will be done when you do). i don't think coded is vital, but pretty important.

i think it's important as a certain point in time in the KH timeline, just not super important to make a game out of it.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
So, basically, you're just saying people are retarded.

No its just people tend to ignore side games that dont play on big systems is all I only bought it cause I never played KH and it was out around my birthday >_>

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
what are you talking about? it's like you intentionally dodge the point i'm trying to make.
I was, because your point is the same it has always been and I didn't want to have yet another variant of a conversation we've had about twenty times now.

i think it's important as a certain point in time in the KH timeline, just not super important to make a game out of it.
Well, I disagree, as Coded's strong point was its focus on characters, something that often goes overlooked in KH. Without it being made a game of, we wouldn't have gotten to see that kind of stuff.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I was, because your point is the same it has always been and I didn't want to have yet another variant of a conversation we've had about twenty times now.
at the end of some of my coments (i would like to say most). i always said positive about coded. like it being fun and it looks good. so no i'm not depriving myself of re:coded.

Well, I disagree, as Coded's strong point was its focus on characters, something that often goes overlooked in KH. Without it being made a game of, we wouldn't have gotten to see that kind of stuff.
it's strong point, doesn't mean it's necessary to know though. i see it more as a + than a necessity.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
at the end of some of my coments (i would like to say most). i always said positive about coded. like it being fun and it looks good. so no i'm not depriving myself of re:coded.
That wasn't addressed to you, that was addressed to the topic in general (hence the double space between comments)

Allister Rose

French Lover
i don't mind as long as we stay civil. but anyways, i'm not depriving coded. coded looks fun and gameplay might be even better and more creative than khBBS, but i still find it disposable. it's important, just doesn't seem that important to make a game out of it.

Box_ghost

Yes, Re:coded and CODED are important because they pretty much confirm Ven's presence in Sora's heart.

Something I surmised once I saw Ven's face in 07.
Something I surmised once I called Ven's full name before it was confirmed.

Oh yeah, I needed a whole game to tell me that there's someone in Sora [snicker] and do absolutely nothing about it.

Can you explain to me how BBS wasn't important to the storyline of Kingdom Hearts?

When I say important, I mean necessary. It wasn't necessary to make a bs for kh when the story from KH1 on worked well on its own.

Allister Rose

French Lover
When I say important, I mean necessary. It wasn't necessary to make a bs for kh when the story from KH1 on worked well on its own.

prequels doesn't mean it replaces the original game. think of them as hidden chapter in the story that helps us understand the rest.

BBS was completely necessary IMO because there were far to many new elements to be simply "explained"

Box_ghost

prequels doesn't mean it replaces the original game. think of them as hidden chapter in the story that helps us understand the rest.

This isn't really about BBS.

BBS was completely necessary IMO because there were far to many new elements to be simply "explained"

What do you mean "new elements?" There were only two major games prior to BBS's release.
Every game released since 06 can be explained in the form of a short story or novel. Not necessarily needing a game.

Roxas' departure from the Organization, How Xehanort ended up on Hollow Bastion, the origins of the Keyblade. These are important stories that needed to be told, yes. I agree.

But a game for a REALLY BAD knockoff soap opera?

Sora: Kairi, I'm pregnant. And you're the father!
Kairi: O.O

Roxas: Xion, I'm pregnant, and you're the father!
Xion: [nomuraface]

Nomura: I'm pregnant...and you're the father!
Gackt: What else is new?

The concept behind BBS was good, but when they tried to include the current crew, they failed.

Riku: When I grow up, I'm going to be just like my hero Terra!
Xehanort: Mmm, yes. I'll make sure of that.

[he's inside you]

Origin of the Keyblade. Not a story needed. An OVA maybe. But definitely not a game.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I felt like the some of the better scenes where the ones that included the "current crew", so, I guess it's all a matter of opinion.

xStarSeekerx

It really isn't important at all, if you knew what the letter says (and u can find out now) then coded is pointless, cause nothing else is important in coded. if you knew what the letter says you can go straight on to what ever Nomora plans next for the games.

so no coded not important at all.

pros:
you learn what the letter says

cons:
no plot twist
no mystery characters
no one ever finds out about the work you did

play it if you feel, but i would save up for 3D or something, cause i think thats supposed to be vital to the game.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
It really isn't important at all, if you knew what the letter says (and u can find out now) then coded is pointless, cause nothing else is important in coded. if you knew what the letter says you can go straight on to what ever Nomora plans next for the games.

so no coded not important at all.

pros:
you learn what the letter says

cons:
no plot twist
no mystery characters
no one ever finds out about the work you did

play it if you feel, but i would save up for 3D or something, cause i think thats supposed to be vital to the game.
How sad, someone who can't appreciate a story that focuses on characters without throwing contrived plot twists at you.

Allister Rose

French Lover
What do you mean "new elements?" There were only two major games prior to BBS's release.
Every game released since 06 can be explained in the form of a short story or novel. Not necessarily needing a game.
well there is the keyblade riders, the Xblade the origin of gummi blocks, unverse (thats a big one). Vanitas, he's completely new element.

Roxas' departure from the Organization, How Xehanort ended up on Hollow Bastion, the origins of the Keyblade. These are important stories that needed to be told, yes. I agree.

But a game for a REALLY BAD knockoff soap opera?
it's not bad, it was really good. and if it can be an OVA, then it can be a game.

Absent axel

Nomura actually might include something to make the story interesting and extended since this is a remake on another system. :D

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Nomura actually might include something to make the story interesting and extended since this is a remake on another system. :D
Aside from the Secret Ending, nothing additional was added to the story.
Though, the story was already interesting and the new gameplay makes it ridiculously awesome so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back