• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Re: Coded important to the storyline?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xStarSeekerx

How sad, someone who can't appreciate a story that focuses on characters without throwing contrived plot twists at you.

Sorry, out of all the Kingdom Hearts Games, this is the only one with out a plot twist, or any real interest. i mean way to set the bar really low.

If you had a fun time playing it, great for you, i don't care, but most people like Kingdom Hearts with Excitement, Drama, and Suspense, That's what makes them fun to play, but a game with no mystery or suspense, gets boring, and you'll lose interest and stop playing.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Sorry, out of all the Kingdom Hearts Games, this is the only one with out a plot twist, or any real interest. i mean way to set the bar really low.

If you had a fun time playing it, great for you, i don't care, but most people like Kingdom Hearts with Excitement, Drama, and Suspense, That's what makes them fun to play, but a game with no mystery or suspense, gets boring, and you'll lose interest and stop playing.
Have you played it? Because I noticed mystery, suspense, drama, as well as a great focus on character development and interaction.

xStarSeekerx

Yes i've played it. i forgot to mention that i meant mystery, drama, and suspense toward the actual Kingdom Hearts plot, the only excitement i got was knowing what the letter was.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Have you played it? Because I noticed mystery, suspense, drama, as well as a great focus on character development and interaction.
mystery, suspence, and drama is great and all, but it just doesn't seem really necessary to play that certain point. but whatever.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
mystery, suspence, and drama is great and all, but it just doesn't seem really necessary to play that certain point. but whatever.
Well, then don't. Problem solved, everyone can stop worrying.

Yes i've played it. i forgot to mention that i meant mystery, drama, and suspense toward the actual Kingdom Hearts plot, the only excitement i got was knowing what the letter was.
In case you failed to notice, this is the actual Kingdom Hearts plot. Knowing what the letter was couldn't have happened without the mystery/drama/suspense/etc. that happened in Coded.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
who's worrying? like i've said before the game looks really fun and i'm going to buy it. i really don't care if it's not that important or not.

I originally had the word "bitching" there but changed it to "worrying" to be polite.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I originally had the word "bitching" there but changed it to "worrying" to be polite.
yeah try to avoid that kind of talk. but if wouldn't that be a little hypocritical of you? oh well....the game looks fun. i say timeline wise it is important for the events of coded to exist. as a game? no, to me it seems like it could it be a flashback for kh3d if it's a direct sequel to re:coded

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
yeah try to avoid that kind of talk. but if wouldn't that be a little hypocritical of you? oh well....the game looks fun. i say timeline wise it is important for the events of coded to exist. as a game? no, to me it seems like it could it be a flashback for kh3d if it's a direct sequel to re:coded
There is far too much content there for it to be simply summed up in a flashback. That is why it is a game. And, as a game, it looks like it plays great, so, I really don't get why it seems to be bothersome.

Allister Rose

French Lover
There is far too much content there for it to be simply summed up in a flashback. That is why it is a game. And, as a game, it looks like it plays great, so, I really don't get why it seems to be bothersome.
i just think they added a few too many unecessary detail that you think is necessary.

the story could've been trimmed, the only thing making this a game is the puzzle and mystery lasting over 2 hours

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
i just think they added a few too many unecessary detail that you think is necessary.
You mean the stuff that reveals more about the characters. Yes, very unnecessary.

the story could've been trimmed, the only thing making this a game is the puzzle and mystery lasting over 2 hours
You do know that the game is a lot longer than two hours, right?

Allister Rose

French Lover
You do know that the game is a lot longer than two hours, right?
never played the original only cutcenes, but you get what i'm saying. it was just built up, and nothing new was revealed, just further emphasized.

that and pete and maleficent made the game even longer so without them i thnk we could've gotten even faster, but i guess without them the story wouldn't make sense.

still, a few fashbacks and some reports would've done good

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
Can we just stop this debate.
Neither side wants to be wrong -_-
This has been going on since like idk how long leave it be.
Please Allister <3

Coded is important in its own sense.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
then you're agreeing with me.

If your sayiing that Coded is important in its own way to the storyline whihc may or may not be apparent at this point in time then yes i agree

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
never played the original only cutcenes, but you get what i'm saying. it was just built up, and nothing new was revealed, just further emphasized.
Plenty was revealed.
like the correlation between data and hearts, something touched up on KH2, is explained better. we learn about torments and what they mean for all of the various characters, what they are in torment about. We learn how Riku made it off of Destiny Islands when RG wasn't an in-between world. We learn how far back the connection between XH and Riku started, where Pluto went off to, etc. A longstanding mystery is resolved. The story of BBS is brought to the present, thus making it relevant moving forward. Certain character get reprisals. We learn what is in the letter. We see more character interaction and development between Sora and Riku, while also highlighting such characters as Kairi, Nami, and Roxas. With Re:Coded we get the secret ending pointing toward KH3D which has "a very important conversation" in it. We learn what each character is in torment about and -why- it matters. It gives the players an emotional connection to "being in torment" and makes us want to save them. Sure you can say BBS showed which character needed to be saved and it did, but it didnt give any hint whatsoever about what they were in torment over. Or how they would even begin to move forward with that. Coded does a lot more than people give it credit for.

DestinysPromise

At first when it was a cellphone game; I didn't care much for it especially since it was only released in Japan; but now I'm still alittle unsure I believe they probably would add some more detail to make the story apart of the franchise. :]

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Well I know I'm going to get it whenever it comes out. I think Re:Coded is important or at least explains plot holes that need answering, plus it looks better on the DS. :) an I want to see the secret ending by playing through the game knowing what the gameplay is like.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but, some pointed in Coded are going to be important later because:

There are going to be other stuff that is going to be important, but that is one thing that people have overlooked if they played/saw the original version of coded.

Edit: how do you do spoilers?

Last edited:

lasersquash

Sitting on a comfy chair in front of a fireplace ,
Yes, Coded is important to the storyline. Every game is. However, if its important enough for you to warrant a purchase is completely dependent on your own thoughts about it. I personally found Coded one of the more important titles of the three, if not the most important, because of what it means for the story. Also, Coded is chocked full of great character interaction/development which a lot of people overlook. It's really a game that's about the characters instead of some contrived plot twist. Some may not appreciate that though.

Yeah but the ending threw that out the window

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back