• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Re: Coded important to the storyline?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
still BBS cleared it up too

No, BBS did NOT clear it up. When in BBS does Mickey find out that Ven is inside Sora's heart, and Xion, Namine, Roxas and Axel are hurting and need some kind of saving? Answer: HE DOESN'T FIND OUT.

Without Coded, everything that happened in BBS is pretty much irrelevant to the future of the series; it is simply a series of events that happened about ten years in the past. Coded brings that series of events into the knowledge of the main characters, which means that BbS characters and plotlines can appear in future games.

If you want to argue that this can be done in a flashback in a future game, then whatever. I don't care, I like playing video games.

But you CANNOT argue that BBS clears up everything already.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I knew Kingdom hearts coded was on Japanese phones only but still not a lot of people play games on phones. Kingdom hearts Coded should have been put on DS to begin with is all I'm saying in the matter. Even though there were people who bought it an played it on there phones to know what happens in the series. Recoded has a new secret ending I thought would show something of Kingdom hearts 3d? We all know that each kingdom hearts game is all tie together as a series. so no point in saying there not, even if coded hadn't been made an the other two were it would still be consider as a series for it all connects to future titles. Now that Recoded is being made on DS well that changes things. I can't wait to play it so that's what I think on the whole Recoded Kingdom hearts game. This is just a friendly debate among us on Kingdom hearts Recoded, if it's important or not, I'm just adding my friendly opinion so I don't mean to disagree with anyone. It's up to the person who buys the game when it comes out if it's worth playing or not. :) and not everyone knows what happens in coded so not everyone knows the story line. Now that it's on DS those of us who don't know will get a chance to play it.

Last edited:

Allister Rose

French Lover
If you want to argue that this can be done in a flashback in a future game, then whatever. I don't care, I like playing video games.

if you dn't care, don't bother to respond, because that's exactly what i said. and i never said that coded shouldn't be a game, just that it dind't have to.

BBS did clear up most of it, and those who unlock BBS secret endign will already know coded's. Another thing, the way kh coded is setup, it doesn't look like we won't get an explanation of the events of coded.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
BBS did clear up most of it, and those who unlock BBS secret endign will already know coded's. Another thing, the way kh coded is setup, it doesn't look like we won't get an explanation of the events of coded.
I'm really starting to believe you didn't pay any attention to Coded's ending at all, because, you know, you're completely wrong on both accounts.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

No, BBS did NOT clear it up. When in BBS does Mickey find out that Ven is inside Sora's heart, and Xion, Namine, Roxas and Axel are hurting and need some kind of saving? Answer: HE DOESN'T FIND OUT.

Without Coded, everything that happened in BBS is pretty much irrelevant to the future of the series; it is simply a series of events that happened about ten years in the past. Coded brings that series of events into the knowledge of the main characters, which means that BbS characters and plotlines can appear in future games.

Please read that again, very carefully this time, and explain to me what I'm saying.

USS-Bebi

Coded didn't seem to matter.

The ending was easy to figure out sine BBS you basically know what the letter says.

The cameos of the past characters weren't needed.

Data Sora is irrelevant IMO and I really don't care much for the fact that every damn side game uses the KH1 sora model.

The only reason i'm picking up this game is for the ending that will tie into 3D.

Coded is almost as bad as Days(story wise).

So before I hear "You haven't played the game so shut up" I know the damn story of Coded and it is fcuking dumb. I mean really "bugs".

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
so this is random but Re:Coded related,
do we think that IT will be released to us by the Holiday season??
cause since its supposed to be "released shortly aftr the Japan release" two months aint that close

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Coded didn't seem to matter.

The ending was easy to figure out sine BBS you basically know what the letter says.

Right, you could infer that the letter talks about ending VAT's torment. But Coded introduces those characters to Sora, which is quite different from you knowing about them.

The cameos of the past characters weren't needed.

Data Sora is irrelevant IMO and I really don't care much for the fact that every damn side game uses the KH1 sora model.

Data Sora may seem irrelevant now, but that isn't to say he is. I mean the idea of Data isn't just gone after Coded, they haven't even touched on the data that AtW implanted into Sora.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
so this is random but Re:Coded related,
do we think that IT will be released to us by the Holiday season??
cause since its supposed to be "released shortly aftr the Japan release" two months aint that close
S-E's Member Site hinted it would release in 2011.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Please read that again, very carefully this time, and explain to me what I'm saying.

your basically saying, without re:coded BBS would be pointless. but liek i said, it jsut has to exist as certain point in time, it does not need to be game. not that i dont tihnk it's fun, just that it's not really that necessary to ahve it as a game.

BBS already gives us the answer that coded wanted to give.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
your basically saying, without re:coded BBS would be pointless.

No, that is not what I am saying AT ALL. Many things happened in BbS that helped set up the story of the entire KH series. Whether Coded existed or not, BbS is very important.

What I am saying is: without Coded, characters such as Mickey, Sora, Riku and Kairi would not know about what happened in BbS. So, without Coded, the characters and unresolved plotlines in BbS could not appear in future games.

but liek i said, it jsut has to exist as certain point in time, it does not need to be game. not that i dont tihnk it's fun, just that it's not really that necessary to ahve it as a game.

And that isn't the part of your argument that I take issue with. The part that makes no sense is:

BBS already gives us the answer that coded wanted to give.

BBS did clear up most of it

still BBS cleared it up too

No, BbS did NOT clear it up. Without Coded, people would be all how come Mickey suddenly knew about TAV? If he knew, why didn't he bring it up ages ago?? Wtf is this plot hole.

And if you keep saying that Coded's events could have just been cutscenes, then why do you also say that BbS already states everything that Coded did? Then wouldn't you argue that there's not even a point to having the cutscene? I don't understand how your brain works.

Allister Rose

French Lover
No, that is not what I am saying AT ALL. Many things happened in BbS that helped set up the story of the entire KH series. Whether Coded existed or not, BbS is very important.

What I am saying is: without Coded, characters such as Mickey, Sora, Riku and Kairi would not know about what happened in BbS. So, without Coded, the characters and unresolved plotlines in BbS could not appear in future games.
i don't see much difference.....that's basically saying if coded didn't exist, than un resolved plotlines in BBS could not appear in future games. youre basically saying the exact same thing i'm saying.

No, BbS did NOT clear it up. Without Coded, people would be all how come Mickey suddenly knew about TAV? If he knew, why didn't he bring it up ages ago?? Wtf is this plot hole.

And if you keep saying that Coded's events could have just been cutscenes, then why do you also say that BbS already states everything that Coded did? Then wouldn't you argue that there's not even a point to having the cutscene? I don't understand how your brain works.

Mickey usually explains it, or keeps it secret if someone asked him to, but the way coded is setup, it's impossible for the story to flow well if sora isn't explained about the events of coded in the next game, that's why i say BBS cleared up the ending of what coded was trying to say. but even then, the details of the events of coded aren't going to stay in coded and the next game would be left unexplained.

coded doesn't have a memory whipe in the end, and it wasn't about sora. Sora will eventaully need to know in further detail the events of BBS days (possibly not) and coded

USS-Bebi

*sigh*
why are crazy fans saying "You can't bash Re:coded if you haven't played it". By that logic you can't defend it either.

also the big thing for coded is that

You get the fucking letter.

You don't need a game for it. You can just have a cut-scene of Sora reading the letter which explains that there are people in "torment"

Allister Rose

French Lover
people want to know how mickey knew about the events of coded, but even so it takes far less cutcenes for coded to explain itself than BBS, so that's why i can see BBS being the most logical one of being a game than coded. coded it seemed like they butchered the events to make it seem longer until it was game worthy.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
What difference does it make if its clear what happens? I haven't even finish BBS yet, but I am almost done with Terra an then I will play Aqua final boss again to see the rest including the secret ending.

The Kingdom hearts Re:Coded is coming out anyways! Then those who haven't got it will have the chance to play it.. an know more I guess with whatever else was added!

Even for those of us who have watched the cut scenes, which I have so I'm not worried about spoilers. It makes no difference, they went through of a remake, mostly likely it will come out here while KH3D is made next next year an released for Japan while were busy with Recoded? I would still get it, just to play it an see all of it for myself... an I know it's a side game... :-/

All I can say is, who ever wants to know more will buy it an those who think its somewhat of a waste of time won't but watch the secret ending when someone puts it on youtube. An I don't think it's waste of time even if it's explained in BBS I think the game is necessary.

Allister Rose

French Lover
as certain point time of the kh series, yes. as a game? i dont think so. the story looks pretty butchered up to be made into a game rather than naturally coming in the kh plot. it does have a similar feel to COM though

Sacred X

Freshmeat
as certain point time of the kh series, yes. as a game? i dont think so. the story looks pretty butchered up to be made into a game rather than naturally coming in the kh plot. it does have a similar feel to COM though

From what I gather, is it correct to say the main part of Coded that matters is the ending, or near ending? I haven't played Coded, I skimmed a few chapter summaries. The game looked too boring, uninteresting, and irrelevant to get into or even care if I got spoiled.

But basically, is the overall gameplay of Coded important, or is most of it more BS-KH1-repeats with small hints of info during the story, while the big important bits are at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back