REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
But I just don't see how romantic love and relationships are a good thing.yeah I think so too, but a partner can fill your life when you are sad or happy but having both is probably better^^
There are a lot more risks and dangers to romantic relationships than they are to platonic relationships. Why do you think most fathers and brothers don't act the same way towards their daughter's or sister's platonic male friends as they do towards a potential boyfriend? It's because they know there's a much higher chance someone could potentially get hurt in a romantic relationship compared to a platonic relationship.yes relationship is important but if you have both isn't it better hehe ^^
In my opinion, romantic love should not be on the highest pedestal. In my opinion, parents and siblings family love is the strongest. Family knows who you are. Romance is fake for lots of people, put on a false persona and romance on most parts gets ugly real fast. For the reality of romance is no Disney love story.Wow I really appreciate it, hmm, after thinking about it again, it's true because girls must be taken care of at school age and focus on lessons.
thank you i appreciate it
To me it's real but not as special or foolproof as we were raised to believe. Any relationship involves a lot of work and has a lot of risk. That runs the gamut from love, friendship, family etc. So it's a choice you have to make.I'm starting to think it's not real or special. I mean about more than half of romantic couples either break up with each other or divorce each other, while most platonic best friends remain friends until death.
So I'm starting to think that having a platonic best friend is a lot better than having a romantic partner or spouse is.
There was one time where the break up was my fault and I can perfectly accept that. It’s just that the majority of my love life has been friends with benefits or getting cheated onit's a potentially interesting topic but this thread more often feels like a group of incel supervillains meeting around a table discussing what their plan is to destroy the planet because women rejected them
Sorry to hear that mateAs someone who recently ended a five year relationship, I definitely see the value in romantic love and all that it can bring to someone's life. But you have to be prepared to mourn it when it is over. Right now I'm just focused on doing me because I don't know if I have it in me to put myself on the line like that again. I'm sure with time I will become more open to the possibilities of pursuing romantic love again. But good god are there a lot of frogs out there.
Urge to quote Snapcube’s Sonic 06 dub rising…Here's an article about why platonic best friends are better than romantic partners: https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ts-friends-who-truly-help-us-get-through-life
I mean, all this stuff can be applied to your romantic partner/spouse too. A lot of people have different definitions of what a 'romantic partner' is. Personally, I think it's someone you can stay with for the rest of your life- like a best friend on steroids. It's someone who always is there for you and has your back. Sure, every couple has fights at least every once in a while, but you need to find the right person to start a relationship with, so you can always bounce back.Also, here are 13 reasons why your best friend is more important than your romantic partner or spouse is:
1. Your best friend has seen you at your worst and they still love you. They have no need to see you looking pretty or together all the time. You could show up in curlers with the biggest pimple ever and they’d still accept you.
2. Your best friend has probably been around longer than your partner. They are reliable, loyal and entrenched in your life.
3. You don’t necessarily have more fun with your best friend but it’s a different kind of fun. It feels more relaxed and honest.
4. You don’t have to impress your best friend. You can be yourself.
5. Your best friend will drop everything and come rescue you and you’d do the same for them.
6. Your best friend will understand you and not judge you. You talk to them and feel totally understood for once in this big, bad world.
7. Your best friend has probably known you when you were a grungy, gross middle schooler or when you puked all over yourself freshman year. They’ve known you through every phase of your life.
8. You’ve always been sure about your best friend, but you sometimes doubt if your partner is really “the one.”
9. You never fight with your best friend the way you fight with your partner.
10. Your best friend is there for you after every break up and through every awful ex. They will put you back together when you’re hurt.
11. You know if things get tough you and your best friend can run off to Mexico and go on the run.
12. There’s nothing sexual going on so you can cuddle up and watch TV together for hours and there’s no pressure to do anything but that.
13. Your best friend has probably done more for you in life, in terms of favors and life experience, than your partner has. You should show them more appreciation.
There's a lot of dangers and risks to romantic relationships, so they should be avoided. The concept of romance should be removed from this world.I mean, all this stuff can be applied to your romantic partner/spouse too. A lot of people have different definitions of what a 'romantic partner' is. Personally, I think it's someone you can stay with for the rest of your life- like a best friend on steroids. It's someone who always is there for you and has your back. Sure, every couple has fights at least every once in a while, but you need to find the right person to start a relationship with, so you can always bounce back.
I’m not sure where you’re getting that info but I personally stay single because it makes nights on the town a lot cheaperThere's a lot of dangers and risks to romantic relationships, so they should be avoided. The concept of romance should be removed from this world.
Most parents hate the idea of their daughter dating and getting married someday and want them to be single for their whole life because of how dangerous romantic relationships are, while most of the time, they're ok with their daughter having platonic friends. That's because romantic relationships are far more dangerous than platonic relationships are.
Most parents (both fathers and mothers) who have daughters are hoping their daughter never dates or get married and remain single for their whole life because it's much safer to be single than it is to be in a romantic relationship.
I’m not sure where you’re getting that info but I personally stay single because it makes nights on the town a lot cheaper