• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is the seeker of Darkness series over?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sora341

Awards
I have heard before that the seeker of darkness series ended with Kingdom Hearts 3. Is this true?

AR829038

Awards
I have heard before that the seeker of darkness series ended with Kingdom Hearts 3. Is this true?
It is. Nomura has confirmed this in many interviews. KH3 definitively marks the end of the Xehanort/Dark Seeker saga. The next game will begin the Foretellers saga.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
But the main characters will remain, correct?
Yes, but it remains to see who exactly we'll see back.

Other than that, I don't think we're finished with the "Seekers of Darkness" lore yet. I think we'll get to see who the original Seekers were, seeing as how they were pivotal in the first War.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
In a way going from the Seeker of Darkness saga to the Foretellers one reflects on Xigbar.

First he was one of the seekers of Darkness but now we know he was really a Foreteller

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
In a way going from the Seeker of Darkness saga to the Foretellers one reflects on Xigbar.

First he was one of the seekers of Darkness but now we know he was really a Foreteller
Luxu technically isn't a Foreteller, just one of the MoM's six apprentices, which in all honestly mirrors more on Ansem the Wise and his six apprentices.

And honestly, I can't think of an animal that could fit Luxu.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Luxu technically isn't a Foreteller, just one of the MoM's six apprentices, which in all honestly mirrors more on Ansem the Wise and his six apprentices.

And honestly, I can't think of an animal that could fit Luxu.

His animal should be the Goat. That's the basis of the design of his Keyblade

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Xehanort, in his many forms, was a seeker of darkness (though the end of KH3 muddles this a bit), but his story, with his forms are over.

So no Young Xehanort, no Xemnas, no Xehanort's Heartless, no Apprentice Xehanort, and no Terra-nort (is this the Guinness World Record for most amount of characters sprouted from one character??). Some characters are a cinch for the future, due to how KH3 carried their storylines (e.g. Kairi, Riku, Lea, Isa, Ventus) and others may still make cameos due to their ties to these characters (e.g. Terra and Aqua to Ventus, various Org members to Lea and Isa, Evan saying he and Ventus are destined to meet again when they haven't so far in the series).

So yes, the Seeker of Darkness, which was Xehanort's whole storyline, is over. We are now gearing up for the Foreteller storyline and what that may bring.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
According to the secret movie, Sora and Riku will be in the next series?
Yes. The secret ending hints at Riku going to rescue Sora, and afterwards, I imagine they'll be back hom and then they'll start the journey related with the Foretellers.

Back