• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is there a chance i might not get Bbs from gamestop on tuesday even tho i preordered it

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerbear772

so i preordered Bbs and im starting to freak cuz some of my friends have pre ordered games from gamestop before and gamestop made a mistake and didnt get enough copies so they didnt get one is that going to happen to me

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That rarely if ever happens. You will be okay. You are guaranteed a copy with a preorder.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
don't worry, they only take the money out of your account when the game ships, it will be fine, like jeels said, you are guaranteed a copy of the game.

Last edited:
O

Oberon

You will get it no matter what.

The worst case is that you -might- need to wait until the next day because the shipment might not arrive until late at night.

For example when KH2 came out, my gamestop received it at 7 PM on the day of release. Luckily I called in and verified the games were on their way and I was among the first 10 or so to pick it up.

It might be a good idea to call them if you're unsure. But you should get it... it's guaranteed you'll get a copy.

jerbear772

thanks i feel alot better know i just got to wait this 2 and a half deadly days

Fallen Prince

My Gamestop said that they would hold my game til Thurs. since it's a new release...I hate them so much...

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
My Gamestop said that they would hold my game til Thurs. since it's a new release...I hate them so much...

Um... you misunderstood them. "holding it" means that they'll make sure that nobody else gets your copy of the game. It's basically saying "If you don't get it until Thursday, then we'll give your copy to someone else"

supernatural25

@ jerbear772 don't worry you'll be fine :)

@ Fallen Prince like skyfoxx said holding it just means thats how long you have to go pick it up before they sell it to someone else

nicoleohbugga

Idk, I remember my brother pre-ordered a game from gs before, and they told him that they wouldn't do anything about it if he didn't pick up his game, like they were just going to give it away. They didn't though. That would be pretty effed up if they do!

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Why is everyone asking this, why wouldn;t you get it that day? Unless, other situations were to arise not relatd to release date

Z

Zulkir

There has to be some mistake in their shipping lines or database for you not to get it.

Either way, if a mistake like that happens, you'd have to wait an additional day at most.

Developing a lot of patience can lead to much less frustration in the long run.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Patience, lol, I remember how the guy at GS told me I should have a little more patience when I rushed in for the guide book before the game

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
If you lived in my town, you MIGHT have this worry more. I forget the game but a ton of people preordered it and some didn't get it. I think because they put the money down a little too early before the store knew how many they were gettin'. There were like 5 people who didn't get the game until the next shipment. Luckily, they got a new shipment the next day because of the delayed order.

gdude30

Technically because gamestop does their "Deliver by street date" the game will be in the store before that actual date it's released. Some people have been confirming this for their gamestops already.

I do not know how it works ordering online though. The guy at gamestop even told me that gamestop and gamestop orders online are a completely different thing and he wasn't really sure how it works. I found that a bit odd though. So unless earl destroys everything and if you are picking your's up at a store you will get a copy if you go within the timeframe they gave you of how long they'll hold pre-ordered copies for.

VentusVictory

Awards
Riding the Battle Subway to Gamestop for Dissidia
There is always a chance. You may sleep through the whole day. A fire may erupt in your Gamestop, but be contained to only the PSP section. A tornado could be called down from the heavens and teleport you to the magical land of Narnia, where animals talk and fat British kids eat Turkish Delight for dinner every night.

However, if you preordered it, there should not be a problem.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I didn't even preorder my copy. It shouldn't get sold out, and if it is I have like 3 other gamestops to go to. So it should be fine.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Yes, there's a chance you might not get it. With games that have been announced for years, stores like GameStop often stack so many pre-orders they don't order enough copies at launch day, especially for a game like BbS that is extremely popular with the fanbase but not mainstream enough to order a bazillion copies. For games like these, it's best to get to the store as quickly as they have them available in order to not lose your copy to a slower pre-orderer. But it all depends on whether they ordered enough copies or not.

My store didn't order enough copies of God of War 3 for all the pre-orderers, for example, so I scored one by going to the midnight release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back