• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is there any way to transfer my saves from Kingdom Hearts 1 PS2 to 1.5 on the PS3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MC_J-Money

So about 4 months ago i decided I wanted to finish Kingdom Hearts 1 but i didn't have so I was going to order 1.5, but I realized that 1.5 came out in September and i didn't want to wait. So I got it and played about half way through before getting to busy to play. Now 1.5 came out and I happened to pick it up the other day, but I think it's kind of stupid to start over from the beginning when I would be playing something i just played a few months ago. Is there any way to copy my saves off of the PS2 and put them on the PS3 and play them with 1.5?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't think that PS2 saves are compatible with the PS3.
Heck, even the Japanese 1.5 saves don't work with the English version.

MC_J-Money

Thanks, it was probably stupid to think I could transfer those saves. I'll probably just start from scratch.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Umm, there is a way of transferring PS2 save files to PS3. I highly doubt, though, that your PS2 KH1 save file will work for KH1.5 because they are simply different games (KH1.5 being KHFM, and there are data that wasn't originally there). Therefore, I'm sorry to say that so far as I know, there's no way that you can continue your old save file in 1.5.

I'm not very knowledgeable in such stuff, so anyone, feel free to correct me if I've said something wrong.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
You'll need a memory card-to-USB adapter for that. That's the only way of doing it, although why anyone would do that, it's beyond me. I've never tried it myself, and I'm not sure if PS2 games that have been ported to PS3 can read the old save file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back