• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is This Common For Modern Games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Yeah they could do so much better.

Damn, I mean Disney and Square are both animation studios lol.

This is what kills me! Disney have the best voice recording setups on the planet by far. The studios are like Jungle Gyms with all sorts of immersive and innovative technologies and techniques. They're working with PIXAR!

"hey you know how you get even the most obscure actors to sound amazing in your films? Can you take care for that for us? And while you're at it, here's the translated dialogue we have. Give it a little colour and punch via your esteemed pool of screenwriters. Also, you're amazing at directing kinetic action and staging, any tips? I mean you do own these character sooooo... kthxbye."

OrionGold

Awards
Yeah they could do so much better.

Damn, I mean Disney and Square are both animation studios lol. KH should just flow better, it shouldn't be uncanny all the time. The univeral plasticine glaze and strange skin textures on the character models make everything look flimsier. I've wondered if that's on purpose, to give KH3 a fake, doll-like aesthetic to contrast the realer realism of Verum Rex.

Crowds and generic npcs are overrated to me. It's fine to space em out. Special characters in special locations only. How characters are posed or idle can go a long way too.

Someday I'd like to see more cartoonish, expressive animations in the scenes and gameplay. I hope they mess around with new textures too. The original games were very clever in the soft way the models and worlds were painted. Still looks nice. But you could really do anything now, make a world look like a literal painting or Sora into a clay puppet.
Speaking of which, don't you guys think the characters' teeth in Kingdom Hearts III makes them look a bit off sometimes?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Speaking of which, don't you guys think the characters' teeth in Kingdom Hearts III makes them look a bit off sometimes?
Not sure about everyone, but I did notice the teeth looked odd with Hercules.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The thing that bothered me a lot in KH3 was hair... specifically Axel's. Maybe it was Axel's hair only because I'm trying to think of anyone else's hair that was weird. His hair was like kinda see-through?

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
A lot of stuff about KH3 looked off. The hair, skin, lighting, teeth, lol Sora's smiling but I chalk all that up to their inexperience with ue4 at the time with them learning as they went and the whole issue in itself in how you go about a next gen KH visually. There's a fine balance they need to hit now what with them wanting it to look as good as the cg openings with all the detail but also have Sora and 2d properties look right but also having a familiar look with the original aspects. It makes the whole game look off and inconsistent unlike pass titles...like why is pirate sora the best looking Sora model...sheesh idk lol. Maybe they should have went with more of a ff esque style from the beginning

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
I really thought that WoFF had a very modern KH-esque style with its graphics, almost like a nomura drawing animated

Would be nice if they could perhaps use some of those models as a basis for KH

Oooo. That's a pretty game. Hadn't seen it before.

But god damnit those adorable characters have straight-laced adult voices. Why waste them like that.

Back