• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Ven a waste of time?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nein88

If Ven didn't look like Roxas there wouldn't be nearly as much attention paid to him now. Since his story like Xion and Riku Replica are rather self contained and clean up nicely, is there any real point of him and by extension Vanitas existing? They just make the X-Blade and goes on to explain why he looks like Roxas. He didn't have to look like Roxas to get our attention. Yes he's canon and has his place in the plot, but according to Nomura how does he matter? Your opinions?

Last edited:

αsiя

space coke
ven has something big to do with the kh series
how can you not see that
xion was just useless

there's a reason why ven looks like roxas

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
ven has something big to do with the kh series
how can you not see that
xion was just useless

there's a reason why ven looks like roxas

he's justas usless as xion

i could replace him with any character
his world visits are the most uninteresting and irellivent
he's a plot device

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
No Ven isn't a waste of time! He's highely related to the story and to be honest the story wouldn'y be as great if they didn't have him. Now if this was a thread on someone like Xion then yeah you could say that. To me I just don't see how she fits into the storyline....

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
No Ven isn't a waste of time! He's highely related to the story and to be honest the story wouldn'y be as great if they didn't have him. Now if this was a thread on someone like Xion then yeah you could say that. To me I just don't see how she fits into the storyline....

he's related to the story because of what he is not who he is.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Ven is the reason why Roxas is actually interesting and the explanation to why he's not another Sora clone. Seriously, at least he has more importance than Kairi in KH2 and Xion. Oh, and his dark alter ego is fuckin' badass.

MAX!

i think without ven "connected" to sora , sora wouldn't have a Strong light in his heart ..
i like ven better than that miserable nobody xD ..

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Ventus' friendship with Aqua and Terra means nothing, then? Sure, what he is does play a role. But Ventus is just as necessary a character as any other.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Ven is the reason why Roxas is actually interesting and the explanation to why he's not another Sora clone. Seriously, at least he has more importance than Kairi in KH2 and Xion. Oh, and his dark alter ego is fuckin' badass.

your opinion but xion was way more intresting then ven

ill give you the kairi one '

and vanitas being badass your milage may vary i found him extreamly over confident and annoying

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
he's related to the story because of what he is not who he is.

I understand that but I don't see how someone could easily take his spot in the story. I mean, Ventus fits perfectly in this story. The way he is and how he acts with people from other worlds reminds me of Sora. Now I know where Sora gets it from. But I do have to admit, they made him look weak in the game :(

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
your opinion but xion was way more intresting then ven

ill give you the kairi one '

and vanitas being badass your milage may vary i found him extreamly over confident and annoying

But you have to admit that Vanitas still kicks ass. He so far seems like one of the best villains to come into the KH series.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I understand that but I don't see how someone could easily take his spot in the story. I mean, Ventus fits perfectly in this story. The way he is and how he acts with people from other worlds reminds me of Sora. Now I know where Sora gets it from. But I do have to admit, they made him look weak in the game :(

well let me put it this way

terra and aqua cannot change places. their charcters are just too diffrent for that.

however ven's purpose is to create the x blade fill out the trio and fight vanitas . oh and give koki uchima a job. his role could have easly have been givin to aqua.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I don't understand when people say "so and so can/can't trade with so and so". They are established characters, none of them could trade places with anyone and still be the same character.

FadedSunrise

Sure the prequel game was developed after, but canon chronology speaking, Ven's very important and irreplaceable. He's(as far as I know) an ordinary guy who was in the wrong place at teh wrong time to get picked by the f***ed up master that is Xehanort, then got his heart torn in two. Sure, it *could* have been someone else, but the circumstances make the character. Aqua and Terra could have been two differently designed/originated characters, but they are unique because of what role they play.

I'll somewhat concede on the Vanitas thing though. I feel like they could have done more with Vanitas' character, but he's not completely useless either. Van is evil, but it seems like he was just a secondary add on villain without any outlined motives to his actions. Was he complying with MX's wishes because he wants to, or does he also have a bit of his own motives? I feel like it would have been slighter cooler at least, if they kinda gave Van a bit of his own autonomous thought, a little like how Braig acted with MX.

I second the person that said Xion feels a bit like the useless one, or at least, a badly constructed character. She could have been more "useful" seeming if her story was designed better. But that's just IMO.

Ademaa

Ven isn't a waste of time, but he seems to be the least important of the three storyline wise, in terms of what he does.
I'm starting to see a pattern whenever I watch a seen with Ven and either Terra or Aqua. Each of them keeps telling him to stop running around all the worlds. Of course he doesn't and plays right into Xehanort's wrinkly old hands.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Is Ven is important. All character made are important. Like Xoin, Kiari, Like Ven they all have a role in the story or they would have ever been made at all. When god makes people he give him/her a role in the story of life.

Lady-Lee

Awards
I dont believe ven is a useless or unimportant character. He does serve a purpose, and that purpose would be that Nomura had to cover his ass with certain unanswered questions. He seemed to have fudged up in KH2 so now hes got to produce 3 different games to cover his mistakes.(or at least thats how i see it.) So Ven serves as a backstory as well as a look forward for our main protagonist.

xXRepaXx

hmm... i agree with all the people who think ven is important. HE IS!! There would NOT be any Sora, if there was no ven, and roxas would not be the roxas we know if there was NO ven. And i guess, if there were no ven, there would be no Van, and if there were no van, there would be loss of story for Riku,(not having the similar suit and all...) Ven is kewl too.

Aqua pisses me off cuz she such a glorifyed character...(i know this is irrelivent, but i wanted to say it anyway.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back