• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Ventus the mysterious voice?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Forgot about contacting Riku; it makes sense, although:

That being said it does seem that it can be done by people other than Keyblade Masters, as Riku and Ansem SoD are also conversing mentally during CoM and Terra does call out to Aqua once in the Final Episode of BBS.
Since the conversation between Mickey and Sora reminds me more of the one between Ven and Sora in BBS (the beginning though, since Sora not being present on Ven's panel is a crucial detail), it reminds me more of a distant conversation between hearts (not themselves, given Baby Sora's unfitting dialect). Maybe Mickey would have met Riku personally in his Awakening so that he could summon a keyblade, but things obviously didn't work out, so his "message" would have to do the extra work of finding someone else, and therefore not be so personal.

Lot of baseless speculation, but imaginable, I think.

And what Gram said too, I also remember it was somewhere said that Mickey was steadily trying to contact the new Keyblade Wielder and was actually reaching out to Riku, but due to his heart being clouded by Darkness, he could only "move down the list as the Keyblade did" if we speak with Young Xehanort's words.
I think I could challenge this.

Rather than being just a coincidence that Sora was the next best choice, Mickey's message could have found Sora through Riku's heart, since Riku is Sora's Dream Eater (really doubt this could have been conceived as far back as KH1, but the next part makes me think they might still play with the idea in the future). As his DE, Riku would subconsciously protect Sora by giving him the Kingdom Key, as an extension of his support (I seem to be stuck on that idea as of late).

Yeah but a part of Ansem was in Riku's heart so they could communicate through that. Terra also had Master Xehanort's heart inside of him so the "master" side of him could contact Aqua.

XH's heart (or technically XH himself) couldn't have influenced Riku's heart until the end of the storm night, though. After XH expelled Riku's heart from his body, Mickey was able to contact him in the RoD, given that Riku's heart wasn't clouded by darkness anymore (as it was in the beginning of the game).

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think I could challenge this.

Rather than being just a coincidence that Sora was the next best choice, Mickey's message could have found Sora through Riku's heart, since Riku is Sora's Dream Eater (really doubt this could have been conceived as far back as KH1, but the next part makes me think they might still play with the idea in the future). As his DE, Riku would subconsciously protect Sora by giving him the Kingdom Key, as an extension of his support (I seem to be stuck on that idea as of late).
I think you had it right up till the DE part, Riku was only sora's dream eater throughout the story of DDD not before or after. And riku only ever gained DE attributes to begin with because he instinctively dived into sora's dreams cause he sensed the Robed Figure at the beginning of the story when they was in destiny islands.
Further proof would be Riku's attire and form, when in the dream realm he had the dream eater emblem on his back while in the real/light realm he's in his normal form showing that he no longer has DE attributes when he returns to the real world.

I think your right on the first bit though, Mickey found sora's heart through riku. Since Riku couldn't be reached it'd make sense that he could be misdirected to sora's. Like it's pointed out many times "their hearts are connected" (though he means all his friends when they refer those lines, you get the point).

13Rox

I think that the voice was Ven's. I mean its called "dive to the heart" and since sora was the keeper of Ven's heart it was his voice. Then when they got split into two people Roxas took Ven with him so Roxas got Ven as a guide like Sora did.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I think that the voice was Ven's. I mean its called "dive to the heart" and since sora was the keeper of Ven's heart it was his voice. Then when they got split into two people Roxas took Ven with him so Roxas got Ven as a guide like Sora did.

In KH1, the voice was confirmed to be Mickey. It's a special ability of sorts, to be able to talk to others through their hearts.

I think it is even but it doesn't sound anything like even thoughXD

Just saying, the characters are able to hear the voice, but we aren't. The words appear on screen, but there's no audio to accompany it. It doesn't sound like anything because there is nothing at all playing.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
In KH1, the voice was confirmed to be Mickey. It's a special ability of sorts, to be able to talk to others through their hearts.

Yeah, exactly. Besides, that time, Ventus' heart is still asleep and will continue to be so until

Spoiler Spoiler Show

so it couldn't have been him.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, exactly. Besides, that time, Ventus' heart is still asleep and will continue to be so until

Spoiler Spoiler Show

so it couldn't have been him.

Correct, not to mention that Ventus would never word things like the mysterious voice in KH 1 does. The wording is too far off and sounds more like either Ansem SoD, Ansem the Wise, Yen Sid, Eraqus or Mickey in "serious"-mode.

That spoiler isn't entirely correct though as the only thing Roxas awakened (or rather unsealed) was Ven's Keyblade. Ven's heart was not awakened at all, or Roxas would have experienced memory flashes from Ven like Sora did with Kairi in KH 1.

Besides all that, it as already been confirmed by the creator himself that it was Mickey and it makes no sense that it would be Ventus so I don't know why this topic gets warmed up again and again.

VenTer

Awards
When playing kh1 and kh2, you here a mysterious voice guide sora and roxas. I originally assumed it was an anonymous figure, but now, im starting to think it was ventus' heart. It makes sense for ventus to guide sora due to him being a keyblade wielder and as a way to repay sora for saving him twice by showing him the ropes. Also, it makes sense for ven to guide roxas due to roxas haboring vens heart at the time. What do you guys think
I never thought about the mysterious voice that guided Sora and Roxas....

Narxus

Despite any Nomura comments saying otherwise, I always felt it being Ventus made the most sense, so that's how I perceived it playing I.5

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
From my understanding, it was supposed to be Mickey that was speaking with Sora at the beginning and especially to Riku during that added cutscene in Final Mix. However, a part of me understands why people would think and even want Ventus to be the one that was speaking to Sora. The mysterious voice has never actually been heard by the viewer; the only way we were able to actually know what the mysterious voice said was through text. Therefore, it could be left to the imagination as to who that person could be, especially if that person were someone who technically hadn't even been conceptualized at the time; the conversations with Xemnas and arguably Terra's Lingering Will are examples of this.

That being said, while I find it interesting that it could have been Ven, I don't think that he is if not solely because the voice was confirmed to be Mickey as far as know.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
That being said, while I find it interesting that it could have been Ven, I don't think that he is if not solely because the voice was confirmed to be Mickey as far as know.

It could not have been Ventus not only because it was confirmed to be Mickey, but also because of, as I said, the fact that Ventus' heart was still asleep at that time. It had been so ever since he came into contact with Sora for the second time after defeating Vanitas and destroying the X-blade.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^

There's also the fact Ventus wasn't even thought of as a character or idea at all when kh1 was being made. Can't be someone that wasn't existent yet from a development standpoint.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
^

There's also the fact Ventus wasn't even thought of as a character or idea at all when kh1 was being made. Can't be someone that wasn't existent yet from a development standpoint.

While that is correct as well, for people who think only in in-universe terms Solosis' explanation holds more weight. Ventus was not even capable of guiding Sora and I already mentioned it before somewhere, but Ventus would never word things like the mysterious voice does.

Not to mention that the topics the voice talks about like i.e. open the door to light and the entire philosophical stuff about Light and Darkness is not really something Ven is very well versed in, unlike a true Keyblade Master like Mickey would be.

PS, that's post number 6.000, yay!

Gram

Banned
Awards
^
To be honest people needing theories over the matter is being a but silly when its confirmed who to be by the series creator.
Even more so with the story related reasons mentioned to further show it.

Last edited:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
To be fair, it's not alluded to any way, shape, or form that the voice talking to Sora is Mickey. Not until the FM version anyway which was just recently released internationaly. Aside from that, the confirmation came in a Japan exclusive book that is now more than a decade old. Even though it's been confirmed for the longest time already, the information has simply not been very accessible. I guess that can be blamed on the limitations to use Mickey though. Or the translations? Even though the wording doesn't sound like Ven, it doesn't sound like Mickey either, imo. It's been a while since I saw the scene in which Mickey mentally talks to Riku in a similar fashion as he did with Sora, but I recall his dialect being dropped here and there, more easily identifying that it is indeed, Mickey.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ That is true, sadly many such things are japan exclusive. I apologize.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Maybe we'll all be wrong and, in fact, it was Kingdom Hearts/Kingdom Key/X-blade/a Foreteller/Pluto talking to him all along.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
While that is correct as well, for people who think only in in-universe terms Solosis' explanation holds more weight. Ventus was not even capable of guiding Sora and I already mentioned it before somewhere, but Ventus would never word things like the mysterious voice does.

Not to mention that the topics the voice talks about like i.e. open the door to light and the entire philosophical stuff about Light and Darkness is not really something Ven is very well versed in, unlike a true Keyblade Master like Mickey would be.

PS, that's post number 6.000, yay!

True enough. I doubt that Ventus would have been able to do amass any information when he, as others have pointed out, has been asleep for a decade. Mickey knows more about the darkness thanks to having been a Keyblade Master in that interim.

Also, 6000. Just a few thousand more until it's OVER 9000!!! (sorry, couldn't resist) :)

^
To be honest people needing theories over the matter is being a but silly when its confirmed who to be by the series creator.
Even more so with the story related reasons mentioned to further show it.

It all depends on the person. Some find it harder to accept certain facts as canon. Others are a bit more inclined to have their own "What if" scenarios even if they know the canon simply because they like to flesh out certain ideas that they find interesting.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Whether people choose to go with the canon or have their own what-if scenario, that's their right and it's perfectly fine. It's people who go around trying to force their disproved theories down others' throats as factual who can get pretty irritating. If you (not a specific "you", mind) want to believe that it was Ventus instead of Mickey, you're free to do so, but you should keep it in your personal canon because facts and observations have shown that it was not him.

Just my two cents, especially because there are a handful of people who behave like that here. I wish they would understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back