• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is YMX Really Evil?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
I feel that the seeds Master Xehanort was referring to are Vanitas, Braig, and Isa. You see, they both had their normal characteristics at first. But one minute later, their eyes and ear changes to Master Xehanort's yellow eyes and pointy ears. Nomura has hinted that this shows a connection to Xehanort and that something even happened between him and Braig that gave him those changes after he fought Terra in Radiant Garden. My theory is that Master Xehanort likely put some fraction of his heart inside them, as hearts are known to change the appearance of characters such as how Roxas looks like Ventus and how Terra-Xehanort had Master Xehanort's yellow eyes when his heart enter Terra's body. He likely did this to increase his chances of survival which is blatantly exactly like how Voldemort crafted the Horcruxes.

Now, since Vanitas was defeated by Ventus, his heart likely went to Xehanort as his fraction would likely pull him towards the original structure. As for Isa and Braig, the same could've happened to them after their Heartless' were defeated as their hearts were released with no bounds except to Xehanort. This could be why they're in the Realm of Sleep instead of getting revived like Lea, Aeleaus, and Ienzo. Credit for the whole Horcrux theory goes to Grass and his wonderful theories, but I created the theory about how Isa and Braig's hearts are in the Realm of Sleep.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Oh yes I like how the lines "The time for my revenge is near." followed by a mountain erupting behind him signaling the confrontation between Chernabog don't give off a particular evil vibe or how bout the fact that he's standing right next to Ansem SoD when he pulls a sword on Riku or the fact that Vanitas manifests right next to him surrounded by an aura of darkness and the fact that's every times he's shown he's trying to mindkupo! Sora or Riku?

Just saying, the word "revenge" was never mentioned. At all.

Amazing

YMX is hanging out with Vanitas. Yeah, seems like a villain to me.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Just saying, the word "revenge" was never mentioned. At all.
I think they were referring to the special trailer that just came out. In the first translation "revenge" was said, but then later a better, more accurate translation came, it was changed.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I think they were referring to the special trailer that just came out. In the first translation "revenge" was said, but then later a better, more accurate translation came, it was changed.

I'm aware. That's why I was "just sayin~" ;D

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I get the sort of 'You can't decide whether to attack me or not, silly Keybladers' bad guy vibe.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I just feel like he's neutral from the footage we've been given

From what I could deduce when seeing the trailer footage it looks more like he's constantly mind-screwing both Sora and Riku, definitely not neutral.

He's also very interested in the "other hearts" Sora is "confining" as to say with his own words.
Looks very much like just keeping a low profile and "appearances" as the old MX in BBS said.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
There is an extra cutscene at the end of the credits.
The Mark of Mastery will not span the entire game.
Street-Pass will be used for Spirit breeding.

The main villain of the game is connected to the 'Mysterious Cloaked Boy'

The previous makers of the music will return, even the ones from Birth By Sleep.
The original enemies were to be Heartless and Nobodies, but that didn't fit with the theme.

just connected? And yes, I've had a slight feeling he might not be evil but he stands next to both vanitas and XH so the evidence still say otherwise

sorry if that have been brought up, didn't read many posts

Maleficentrix

See this is what I agree with most as well....
In my opinion YMX is evil....he is as you said...screwing with their minds to start off...like the original MX....and keeping that "low profile", and he even seems like he's egging them on in a way....I actually am about to post a brand new thread about YMX contrary to my last thread which i even regret posting after i thought about it... :D

Oh btw some tell me how to requote a person with the little paragrpagh i wrote....I forgot to reply with a quote to start with :( and it was in response to Sephiroth0812 :)

KevVentus

From what I could deduce when seeing the trailer footage it looks more like he's constantly mind-screwing both Sora and Riku, definitely not neutral.

He's also very interested in the "other hearts" Sora is "confining" as to say with his own words.
Looks very much like just keeping a low profile and "appearances" as the old MX in BBS said.

Right now he seems to me how MX was in BBS before we had known he was the main antagonist in the entire series. He keeps a low profile at first, but you can feel his malevolence. Whether or not he comes out and does something majorly bad is yet to be seen

Manly Cartwheels

Stuck in the realm of darkness with Ansem the MIl-
OP is right, YMX doesn't seem all that bad, he even reaches his hand out to Sora at the end of the trailer. I mean, his older self turned out to be a completely douchebag, no question, but perhaps this is YMX when he was more idealistic and less evil.

That's not to say that he's not dangerous, clearly he is.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I don't get an evil vibe from him either

To me he seems kind of indifferent and from his dialogue he's curious about Sora and Riku (This was when he was young and still eager to learn about the World after all)

He has a very ambiguous role at this point. And Nomura saying the main antagonist being related to the red eyed hooded figure... well that takes the spotlight off of YMX a bit

He is telling Sora about him [Sora] no longer being himself.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
OP is right, YMX doesn't seem all that bad, he even reaches his hand out to Sora at the end of the trailer. I mean, his older self turned out to be a completely douchebag, no question, but perhaps this is YMX when he was more idealistic and less evil.
No, the hand reached out gesture is highly symbolic and probably refers specifically to Xehanort and Ventus. He is holding his hand out so that they may go together, or join me in forging the Xblade. Same with Vanitas and Ven in BBS, it's to come with, join in making the Xblade which is obv being used for evil. We see it over and over again. Sora contains Ven's heart, so YMX extends his hand to Sora, knowing that Ven is in there. It's not benevolent, it's probably for the Xblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back