• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Issue with the BBS bundle pack PSP

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
I did search the forums and I haven't seen a thread on this (if there is one I apologize) but my PSP has an issue. Sometimes when I'm playing BBS the message will pop up asking me if I want to quit the game. What is even more baffling is that the system does it even when I put it down and I am no longer pressing any buttons. This is the mystic silver PSP that came in the bundle pack. Is this normal because I've never had a PSP before and I don't know anything about them. How can I fix the problem? =(

Awards
A lot of people have been saying that this is happening to theirs too. Strangely, its never happened to mine, and i have the bundle too

歩 Ayumu

Most of the time this dialogue pops up when you press the 'Home' button on the lower-left side of the side (just a bit to the right from the D-pad, under the screen). Although, if it's doing it when you have it lying down...
Definitely a hardware issue!
Seems to me the system was somehow damaged and the button was pressed down at an angle that disables it from "popping" back into place.
Essentially, the PSP thinks you're pressing it down when your're not x3
Defective swap whereever you bought it from gogogo
xP Hope this helps C:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It just happened to me right now. I was hoping it wouldn't, but it did right after doing Disney Town.

So I suggest taking it back to where you bought it and ask for an exchange. That is what I'm going to do. Unless my firmware update will fix the problem. I doubt it but we will see.

And also demand why Sony hasn't called for a BBS PSP bundle recall considering this problem isn't just happening to one person, but to everybody who bought the bundle.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
I contacted Gamestop and they told me to call Sony because it sounds like a hardware issue. So I just contacted Sony. All they had me do was take out my battery and put it back in. Then they told me if the problem persists I will need to send it in and it can take 3-4 weeks to get it back. We're lucky BBS wasn't released around Christmas, the guy told me that it would take 6-8 weeks to get the system back if we had to send it in. So far the PSP is acting right (keep in mind I've only been off the phone ten minutes) but I'm still apprehensive about it. I don't think taking out the battery and putting it back in would fix the issue if so many people are having the problem. I'm just going to keep an eye on it for the next couple of days. =/

歩 Ayumu

Wait--before you do anything O_O;
The dude who you spoke with at Gamestop is a NOOB!
It's Gamestop policy to do a return for any item purchased from a Gamestop store within 30 days of original purchase date, including new systems (core and bundles alike).
I know because... well, I work at one >> yayyyy lol
It's standard return policy, though, to exchange any item within 30 days of the original purchase date.
Just take it in with your receipt to any Gamestop location to swap it. Don't let them push you into sending it to Sony, that'll deplete your gaming x3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
歩 Ayumu;5267877 said:
Wait--before you do anything O_O;
The dude who you spoke with at Gamestop is a NOOB!
It's Gamestop policy to do a return for any item purchased from a Gamestop store within 30 days of original purchase date, including new systems (core and bundles alike).
I know because... well, I work at one >> yayyyy lol
It's standard return policy, though, to exchange any item within 30 days of the original purchase date.
Just take it in with your receipt to any Gamestop location to swap it. Don't let them push you into sending it to Sony, that'll deplete your gaming x3

Do I need my receipt? I left mine at my dorm and I'm home. D: Can't they pull it up on the computer?

歩 Ayumu

Yeah it's possible if you go to the same store you bought it at. Otherwise, your best bet is going to your local store with the bundle and explaining you don't have your receipt, and need them to call the store you did buy it at and obtain that info. Usually, the best information to provide is the day you purchased it, roughly the time of day it was, and if you bought anything else along with it. If you can remember, explaining which computer you bought it on is exceptionally helpful (ie, computer closest to the store front door).
Hope this helps x]

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
ive noticed that it goes to the pause screen

not the quit game

but its due to me going all crazy and pressing pause

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
ive noticed that it goes to the pause screen

not the quit game

but its due to me going all crazy and pressing pause

Yeah. That is different lol. It will just randomly go to the "Do you wish to quit the game" screen like if you push the PSP Home button. D: It is a bit unnerving when you are in the middle of something. Luckily when it happened, I was playing the command board. >_>

Xenin

Banned
I Get my bundle today and to be honest...Ya'll got me scared now o_O...I'll post if I have a problem..

spydrmnky4

The same exact thing is happening to mine. It was literally asking me if i wanted to quit every ten seconds. I asked the same question on yahoo! and this is what I got:

"I have the bundle as well and am getting the same problem. I turned my game off and took the disc out and put it back in. So far it has worked and no issues. It's basically an issue with the game not being in far enough to push the black pin down far enough. If that pin rises even a little bit it will tell the system that the case is opened and bring up that screen.

If that doesn't work, I heard you can just put a piece of tape over that black pin to keep it down. You can't miss the pin by the way, it's right near the left center part of the disc tray if the screen is facing you."

It worked! If you don't wanna waste time with Sony or going to Gamestop then try this trick. For me, it's still happening but once every 15-30 minutes. I just think I need to tape it down harder.

Hope this helps!!

Noggy

Same thing is happening to mine, i'm afraid to go back to gamestop for a replacement and the same thing happening again. One has to wonder if this is happening to all the PSP KH bundle packs, sigh. Guess i'll find out tonight, sucks though as I've already put in about 5+ hours in the game and now i'll have to start over.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Well i pre-ordered but Gamestop is holding it untill i get cash, now you got me all scared.....why did you have to do ths to me?!!?!?!??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back