• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

it can't be a coincidence that the neo twewy art sky is similar to kh3 art sky

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Never noticed about the sky thing before but the thing that stands out most to me about the artwork is the fact that the boy with the grey scarf reminds me of Hayner’s design from KH3 since it’s a white T-shirt with sleveeless jacket and the design of Hayner’s jacket looks to be the same pattern as the boy‘s trousers plus them both having similar hair colour and almost the same length of hair really doesn’t help matters lol

Anyway I don’t think the sky thing is connected to KH3 in anyway I think they probably just thought it looked nice but it still a cool detail though.

Somnus cealum

Awards
Never noticed about the sky thing before but the thing that stands out most to me about the artwork is the fact that the boy with the grey scarf reminds me of Hayner’s design from KH3 since it’s a white T-shirt with sleveeless jacket and the design of Hayner’s jacket looks to be the same pattern as the boy‘s trousers plus them both having similar hair colour and almost the same length of hair really doesn’t help matters lol

Anyway I don’t think the sky thing is connected to KH3 in anyway I think they probably just thought it looked nice but it still a cool detail though.
is it true that the boy in the hood in the back left is neku?

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Not sure if it’s been confirmed to be him or not but It seems like it’s a popular theory at least. Although the part of the hairstyle we can see looks similar even though it’s a different colour and although he‘s wearing a hood it does look he’s holding onto something underneath possibly his headphones? Also I think Neku has made that exact pose or at least similar pose in the first game if I remember correctly. Also interestingly enough the character in the back right is a returning character from the first game so if the character in the back left was Neku it would make sense as everyone else is a new character

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
They call him Neku in the trailer at least, but even the people who believe it's Neku think whatever's going on is much more complicated. Some fans are also of the opinion that it's a fakeout or an impersonator; Beat in particular is a popular theory due to the blond hair, metal chain, larger build and red and black shoes.

In any case, I think the only thing this art tells us is that Nomura is supremely busy right now and recycled assets. You'll notice that the Shibuya backdrop is copy/pasted from the original TWEWY boxart, for example.

2 quid is good

Awards
It's really not that deep, and if it is that deep, well then, I wouldn't be too pleased. When it comes to any potential connections between the two series, it's highly likely to be just one way and I'd much prefer it

TWEWY in KH = Big W

KH in TWEWY = Big L

The Sachster

Awards

So you think Fret looks like Hayner, huh.

Amusingly, another convenient coincidence is that Hayner has the skull-over-crossbones motif on his tanktop. In TWEWY, this is called a 'modulator decal', and it lets dead people in TWEWY interact with the living, inside of shops in the Realground (living world).

Original TWEWY Neku Sakuraba is currently in the midst of an 'I got erased and re-assembled from scrambled bits of soul' plotline as of the end of the events of Final/Solo Remix's 'A New Day' plot, somewhat like how Sora ended up producing Roxas and going through a period of rebirth via his time as a Heartless. It's likely that the Neku in NEO: The World Ends With You is going to be an incomplete/altered version from his original TWEWY likeness, as a result. The opening video advertisement for NEO depicts him 'glitched out', and the theme that plays has lyrics along the lines of 'watch it burn, like a firebird', 'I'm coming back', 'we're losing you, you've got to regain yourself', and so forth, so that's looking like the angle NEO will be aiming for with his story.

The other reoccuring character, pictured opposite to him, is 'Sho Minamimoto'. Sho attempted to kill Neku in the original TWEWY, and they are former enemies, as Sho was trying to usurp Joshua's control over Shibuya for himself, and Neku got in the way for reasons that are a bit of a spoiler. It's also uncertain whether he is the same Sho Minamimoto from the original TWEWY plot, as he no longer has signs of 'Taboo-ification'. Previously he would have been covered in black tattoos, so this may be a different Sho Minamimoto altogether--TWEWY basically has parallel worlds and alternate-versions of characters pre-baked into its lore from day 1.

Just the musings of a TWEWY fan stumbling upon this whole 'sky' conundrum.

Rainclouds

Awards
If the artist is the same, then different pieces of work may bare similarities. That's it.

Perhaps NEO will be in the next KH game. Perhaps the protagonists are trying to get to Shibuya and end up in NEO's Shibuya or something.

Noivern

Awards
While other people already talked about everything, I'd just like to point out that it's amusing to me how the whole pseudo-clones from KH has gotten people so paranoid with Nomura's artstyle that similarly looking characters get people wondering.

He's been reusing design tropes in his characters for more than twenty years now. The most common trend is the zippers, but if you stare at any newer design from his for long enough you can probably pinpoint a past character in one of his games that looks similar.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The most common trend is the zippers, but if you stare at any newer design from his for long enough you can probably pinpoint a past character in one of his games that looks similar.
Exactly. For example, the face of Yuffie in his latest drawing from May is just Sora.

5QuiyGz.png

He just draws the same stuff over and over again; it's all coincidence.

Back