• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

It seems to me or initially Axel and Roxas should not have been such close friends as now.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
After viewing the original KH2, without the inserts of the Final Mix, it seems that the dynamic of the relationship between Roxas and Axel initially had a different accent. In the same manga (Let it and not canon) Axel and Roxas are more like comrades than friends like Sora and Riku.
Roxas in the original is shown more gloomy and I can believe that he could calmly kill Axel in the original idea. It also explains why Roxas doesn’t even drop a tear apart from parting with Heyner Pence and Olette. Everything Roxas thinks about is mostly related to Namine and these three.
It reminds me of the relationship between Zack and Aerith in the original FF7, and then Crisis Core, and initially from the fact that I know in the game their relationship was not thought of as close, rather just a passing hobby, and in Crisis Core their relationship is almost romantic. So when in the novel Aerith rudely rejects Zack, she doesn’t hang out with Aerith’s character in CC, where she really worried about Zack and wrote 89 letters for him. And one of the last things Zack thought about was Aerith. And no, I really like the relationship between Zack and Aerith more than Cloud and Aerith, but the fact remains that initially there were several other characters. The same with the Roxas and Axel relationship. This happens when writers initially do not set goals to develop specific characters, but if this happens the characters themselves and their relationships with each other may change when writers in trying to develop relationships between the characters may inadvertently change the characters themselves.

ngc50

Awards
I am unsure if you realized it or not, but Roxas had his memory erased. He doesn't remember Axel in this game.

Friendships are not often developed well in this series. Especially in Birth by Sleep. That being said, I think that Roxas and Axel have one of the most believable relationships. I know there was a time when the only evidence we had of it was non final mix kh2, but even then the reason Roxas is so cold there is because he literally doesnt remember Axel. And Axel is harsh towards Roxas because he is still hurt and betrayed by Roxas leaving the Organization.

Back