• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

It would have been cooler if it went like this.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Igloo9

This has to do with Vanitas's face.

According to Nomura, it's Vanitas who looks like Sora, not Sora who looks like Vanitas. When Sora filled in the "dark" half of Ven's heart, it affected Vanitas's face since he basically was that dark half.

It should have been the other way around; it would have been a lot cooler that way. Like this...

Ven's light half of his heart looks like Ven. His dark half looks like Vanitas. That's just the appearance of the dark half of Ven's heart. So, when Sora was born, his heart connected and filled in that dark half, right? Well, based on that, he should have taken the appearance of Vanitas. Would be a lot cooler figuring out that after all of these games, Sora doesn't look like himself, but instead the dark half of Ven's heart (Vanitas.)

*Shrug*

Igloo9

What's wrong with that? Twists are good, and that would be a huge o_o moment.

Igloo9

You're right, because the example you gave me really explained why you thought it would be stupid.

Swordsaint

because that would be like saying

defeat vanitas, restore ven, soras face changes to his original! (completely mindfucking us all and just moaning in ugh.)

Igloo9

because that would be like saying

defeat vanitas, restore ven, soras face changes to his original! (completely mindfucking us all and just moaning in ugh.)

o_o LOL, that would be hilarious. But Nomura could think of a way to make him keep his face. But I know what you mean.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Well the concept is interesting, but that would have made things more complicated than neccisary. Given, KH has already become a little complicated but it wouldn't have made sence then they would have to force explanations.

Swordsaint

o_o LOL, that would be hilarious. But Nomura could think of a way to make him keep his face. But I know what you mean.
you could probably do something like

"in order to free ventus from his torment, sora took ven's darkness as his own"

that could explain a reason to keep soras face

but its just all very silly lol

i already think that peoples APPEARANCES and WHY they look that way has already become too big a plot point.

Veriun

Don't give Nomura ideas, or we'll end up with Sora looking like the lion thing he was in the concept art. Or find out the Sora we've known until now is just a replica or blahblah.

But no, I don't see this making sense. Sora never connected to Van. All Sora did was fill a hole in Ven's heart - which meant there wasn't anything there from before. There was no Van he could be affected by. It was Ven who made the connection extend to Van.

Then again, I can see Nomura resort to it, if only because it gives an opportunity to avoid the "but how can Sora look exactly like a kid who lived before he was born?" plot hole. (Sora looks like Roxas, Roxas looks like Ven. Ergo Sora looks exactly like Ven. Whut.)

Swordsaint

Don't give Nomura ideas, or we'll end up with Sora looking like the lion thing he was in the concept art. Or find out the Sora we've known until now is just a replica or blahblah.

But no, I don't see this making sense. Sora never connected to Van. All Sora did was fill a hole in Ven's heart - which meant there wasn't anything there from before. There was no Van he could be affected by. It was Ven who made the connection extend to Van.

Then again, I can see Nomura resort to it, if only because it gives an opportunity to avoid the "but how can Sora look exactly like a kid who lived before he was born?" plot hole. (Sora looks like Roxas, Roxas looks like Ven. Ergo Sora looks exactly like Ven. Whut.)
I always kinda just figured that in a confusing way, Ven's connection to Sora influenced Vanitas, but Ven's connections to Sora also happened to affect Sora. It's really the only logical way to answer this plothole without Nomura having to make more on it.

To put it simply, Ven actually connected his heart to Sora before Sora was born. The Japanese believe a persons heart comes in to existence before birth. So saying that Ven influenced Sora's face, which influenced Van's isn't out of the question.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
You're right, because the example you gave me really explained why you thought it would be stupid.

I don't even need to give an example as to why it'd be stupid. That's as stupid as saying Aqua changes her gender and becomes a 5-year old and then ends up becoming Riku. It's just plain retarded.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i would say this is unecessary, so vanitas will get a completely new face just because he is his own person? he still came form ven, so technically he wouldve gotten ven's face.

i think this way is better

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well I think that's a bad idea for two reasons.

+I want Sora to be Sora. He's been our protagonist since KH1 and it undermines him to find out his face isn't even his face.
+Sora's dad would have left Sora's mum seeing as it would have seemed to him that she obviously cheated...

B

Bodaciously G

Not anymore stupid than Vanitas becoming another Sora clone.

blueheart

Bronze Member
I'm still sort of confused about why Vanitas looks like Sora. I get why Ven looks like Roxas, but how could Vanitas look like an older Sora if he's still a little kid at the time?

Sorry if that is a spoiler but this is the spoiler section.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I'm still sort of confused about why Vanitas looks like Sora. I get why Ven looks like Roxas, but how could Vanitas look like an older Sora if he's still a little kid at the time?

Sorry if that is a spoiler but this is the spoiler section.

Okay Vanitas and Ventus are connected (obviously). Vanitas has the body of a 15 year old but had no face at the time. But once Sora connected his heart to Ventus, it effects Vanitas and gave him Sora's face. So Sora's face + 15 year old boy = 15 year old Sora face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back