• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

it's all about the heart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
so yeah I'm so damn busy I never have time to tag but today I was bored for a few hours so I tried some stuff. As some of you know, my monitor isn't perfectly calibrated so I don't know if the colors I see are the same hue as they should be but whatever.

Probably not done with it, I'm just gonna let it sit for a few days and come back to it and see what I should do with it. I'm pleased with what I was trying to do with it, but I feel like it needs something else, or needs something less. Can't put my finger on it.

This is also the first time I've tried to do typography with my own handwriting and not from some chosen font, and I tried to use it to play with lines of flow.

That's a human heart, so if you don't notice that, let me know because that's kind of the point and I've been looking at it so long I don't know.

It's a bit too sharp/grunge in a spot or two and I plan on fixing that up if I find it bothering me enough. It was just a result of layer lasagna and something way down there needing to be fixed.

Jeremiah 17:9 - "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"

GnD9l.jpg

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
it could use some unity. kinda lost in the clashing of colors, tbh. it has a lot of emotion it seems, which i guess is relevant to the theme. but as a result it has a very sloppy looking construction.

try focusing your color pallet a little more. you have almost the entire color spectrum in this. also, dunno how relevant the handwritten type is on the left, but it isnt readable and is sort of a distraction.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
thaaanks.

I hate working with one or two colors :( always makes me feel muted nowadays. I think I'm going to try a b&w piece next time, though, so that'll force me to work with two shades.

wait you can't read the "the" on the left side? I thought that was the most legible part of the piece lol

I was trying to say "the heart is wicked" but I don't know what happened to the "is" so I'm going to try to put it back in without it feeling intruding...but everything else is there.

Vanilla

There are a few really nice events happening like the leftmost side (with the magenta's ?) and the upper-mid section. Though I dislike what's happening on the right, what looks to me like fire. It thematically/conceptually fits however it visually looks too cliche/unappealing. Something as simple as changing the colour might remedy that though. In a way I feel the same way about most of it, if you added a few adjustment layers or subtly went back and decreased some of the "noise" that's happening in some areas and cleaned it up It would look rather nice. I'm finding the abstraction rather pleasing aesthetically.
Though I would say that the choice to make the text black and white doesn't help with the contrast, i'd suggest scrapping it or setting it all to black like what you've done with "wicked".

Nice work c:

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I actually don't mind the color clashing. It feels as if this was taken from an over graffited wall. And it works! Nice work

C4strife

Gee Gee Gee Gee Gee
Awards
Website
www.boajjang.com
I love the concept and love the handwriting.
I'm not sure if I like the placement of the word "Heart" (I thought it said "Noah" initially xD). It seems too centered, I guess.
I like the contrast between the colors and the texture. Gives it that grafitti grunge look.
I think the fiery section on the right is a bit overblurred and draws my attention a little too much due to the boldness of the colors.
Great job though... can't wait to see it when you do more with it.

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com
I like the idea that you used for the text (like a lot), but I honestly had no idea what it said at first. Now for everything else...I'm not really sure. I want to like it but there are pretty much two specific things that really bother me. The first is the lo res looking whatever right in the center and the very blatant vertical line on the far right. It's growing on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back