• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

It's Been Long Enough: Which Song/Video Do You Prefer?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
KH3's been out for more than 6 months now, so the dust has settled and I think people can talk about this without too much nostalgia or whatever affecting their judgement.

Which KH opening theme song did you like the most?
Which KH end theme did you like the most?
Which KH intro video did you like the most?
Which KH end video did you like the most?

The games I'm referring to in this thread are KH1, 2, and 3. You can judge based on any criteria. Let's not make this a discussion thread about the contents of the video (I'm looking at KH3's ending), but rather the songs/videos that you liked the most and why.

My answers (although they change frequently) right now would be:
Opening theme - Face My Fears

End theme - Sanctuary (After The Battle)

Intro Video - KH2. As much as I love KH1 and KH3's intro video, KH2's own had this air of mystery to it which I loved. It got me really excited to play the game and to go on this new adventure. Not only that, but it also introduced Roxas. I always remember when I first watched it when Roxas is looking around the Station of Awakening, he's animated to look so lost/scared/innocent that I instantly was drawn to him. There were also a lot more visually creative aspects in it that matched the story, rather than a straight up re-telling of what happened (example: Sora running up the stairs and Riku underneath it).

End Video - KH1. OMG, the memories and the heart break (and the Simple and Clean of it all). Every time I watch it, I remember how I felt the very first time I beat the game and I'm innocently thinking "yay, we saved Kairi, everything will go back to normal!" And then Kairi is sent away. Watching Kairi wander around Destiny Islands and then completing the drawing in the Secret Spot... too much emotion. And even before the Kairi stuff, having Riku close the door and stay in the Realm of Darkness... it was just a beautiful ending.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
In terms of just music Hikari/Simple & Clean but it's close.

I don't remember a lot about the end theme so I guess I will just go KH1

Intro Video I pick KH3. I really like the chess stuff at least in this scenario. Also I loved the Kairi/Sora stuff in the opening. I always said if you just only watch the openings of KH games you will think Kairi is a great/interesting characters.

The KH2 ending video was nice but I never really paid attention to it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hilarious/Simple & Clean and Hikari/S&C Ray of Hope from 0.2

Chikai/Don’t Think Twice and Passion ~ After the Battle

KH1, 0.2

KH2’s opening will always have a special place in my heart, though. And KH3’s opening is gorgeous. And BBS still gets to me.

...to be honest, none of them have ever really been “favorites” to me. I guess if I had to choose one, it would be KH1 because it’s truly a classic game moment.

KH2’s ending is so iconic, though, and KH3’s has the beach party, but none of them really call out to me.

Amadeus

Awards
My favorite opening song is Simple and Clean, it never fails to get me hyped up!

My favorite ending song is Don't Think Twice. I fell in love with it as soon as I heard it in the theme song trailer ❤

My favorite opening video is KH2's. It really syncs with the song well, the models are the most charming of the three numbered titles, and it just... feels light and airy. It gives me a feeling I really love and associate with KH.
(My true favorite opening is 3D's, but since we're talking numbered titles only....)

My favorite ending is hard to choose. Each has its own charm, and each has its emotional impact. KH3 got the most tears out of me, but that's because I got into KH late (sometime in 2010) so I had pretty much everything spoiled for me. KH1 is a classic, but I think KH2 wins again because it's the most satisfying. Sora, Riku, and Kairi are finally together again, finally home. Donald, Goofy, and Mickey are also safe, and then there's Roxas and Naminé.... They're safe, for better or for worse. And they're with their other halves, which makes them complete by KH2 standards. Honestly, KH2's ending feels like a proper end to the story, and that feeling of coziness and safety.... It's hard to beat.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Which KH opening theme song did you like the most? "Face My Fears," then 0.2's "S&C" remix, then the original KH1 "S&C" remix.

Which KH end theme did you like the most? Nothing beats the long version of "Simple & Clean." Still, "Don't Think Twice" isn't far behind for me.

Which KH intro video did you like the most? I probably need to re-watch some of them, but right now I'm thinking 3D's or 0.2's. I loved the way they remixed "S&C" there, too, so beautiful. But if we're talking about the main console games only--I guess KH3's opening video is my favorite? I love how they use the chess pieces, and the lighting in the fight scene at the end is pretty.

Which KH end video did you like the most? KH1. I've always loved the images of the shooting stars and then Destiny Islands re-building itself. Maybe BbS after that? I always love how they have still shots from throughout the game throughout the credits. They always make me a little emotional, but KH1's the only one that give me the biggest kick for some reason. KH2's ending video is emotional, too. I always love the part where TRON starts dancing, lol (unless we shouldn't include the piano pieces that come after?).

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Passion/Sanctuary

Don't Think Twice/Chikai
But it's basically a tie with Simple & Clean/Hikari

BBS 0.2 followed by KH2

KH1

Back