• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I've been thinking...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silfarion

Recently I finished BBS, and the only goal I've left to do is the MF, or the Mysterious Figure. Now, everyone probably is thinking, who the hell is this asshole who pwns you every time? I've done some thinking, and I came up with my own theory (yes, yet another theory about MF) of who MF is.
(Note that in this theory, I consider MF as a person from future)

Before that, allow me to explain the factors that I considered. First, villain or friendly? Just because MF tried to beat the S!@# out of T/V/A (we don't know who fought him yet; we don't know which, or all, fought him. All we know is that the fight did happen), it doesn't mean he should be a bad guy. Lingering Sentiment is another example of Killing Intent + Good Guy. He never meant any evil, he just misunderstood Sora as Xehanort. Another thing is, if MF is a bad guy and his only goal was to kill TVA, why didn't he just stab them in the back while being invisible? This may sound cheap, but I don't see why he would not do this after losing if he was a villain.

Second, his clothing and combat style. Ah, yes, the organization cloak; everyone get's confused at this part. We should consider the fact that he is wearing one, and thus can only be a person who've seen it or wore it before. Combat style; note that his 2 blue sabers have striking resemblance to Xemnas's ethereal blades. Also, MF always wields his blade reversed, unless he does some crazy thing out of it. Lastly, notice that a lot of his skill are familiar. Some are almost the same as organization 13 skills, the orb skill resembles LS's drone attack (you know? The one he summons about 5 small flying thingis that shoot lasers to you), he can use TVA exclusive magic (mega flare, raging storm (?), tornado (VEN exclusive), and can use renewal block.

Some people talks about him being a nobody or someone from the organization due to his body size/build being the same with Saix and Marluxia, I will not consider that as I see that as either pure coincidence or Nomura was too lazy to make another body.

Through these considerations, I came up with 3 candidates;
1) Ventus. Yes, Ventus. You people may call me crazy, but that's one of my guesses. First, he is one of the only 2 characters in THE ENTIRE KH SERIES that utilized reverse wielding (the other being Sora, in which he used it only at the fight with Xemnas). Also he is only of TVA that fashions dual wielding (wing blade command style). MF could've come from the future in order to stop himself forming X-blade, or stop Terra to become possessed by Xehanort. However, this candidate is EXTREMELY NOT LIKELY.

2) Ansem the wise. Not seeker of darkness, the wise. You might think, "What, that old man?". Yes, that's what I thought at first. But it came into my mind, "Just because no one saw him fight, does that mean he CAN'T fight?". He had grieve emotion of vengeance on Xehanort for betraying him. After being blasted by his own machine, he was in the realm of darkness WEARING ORGANIZATION CLOAK. That is the main reason I consider him to be one of the candidates; no one said he can't fight (though he never fought), and he fashioned organization cloak. But again, this candidate is also not liekly.

3) Xehanort himself. In BBS, Terra-Xehanort used both abilities of Terra and Master Xehanort. Xemnas used all organization powers when he used his armor and fought Sora & Riku. Also Xemnas's main weapon is ethereal blades, which bear striking resemblance to MF's sabers. In the secret ending of RE:coded, Yen Sid mentions Xehanort returning as he will be revived due to both his heartless and nobody being destroyed. Now if we consider these facts, revived Xehanort possibly can utilize ALL of the above powers. The reason he came to the past, if this is the case, is probably because something went wrong in the future, and Xehanort wanted to remove the root of it. This is my best guess and I think it is most likely that Xehanort himself from the future is the MF.

P.S: please don't flame me for not posting it at the MF thread, I couldn't see which one was the real one

Last edited:

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
After hearing what you've said and what I remember from the Secret Ending, I can agree with you on him being AtW, testing out the masters/wielders mettle.....

I guess to see that they were truly deserving of what powers they posess.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Before that, allow me to explain the factors that I considered. First, villain or friendly? Just because MF tried to beat the S!@# out of T/V/A (we don't know who fought him yet; we don't know which, or all, fought him. All we know is that the fight did happen),
Well...very, very, arguable, at the very least...IIRC, it shouldn't have been possible for any of TAV to have fought him, given the time frames.

MF could've come from the future in order to stop himself forming X-blade, or stop Terra to become possessed by Xehanort. However, this candidate is EXTREMELY NOT LIKELY.
Very unlikely indeed...How could Ven even gain the ability of time travel? and wouldn't it have been simpler to kill MX instead of his friends?

2) Ansem the wise. Not seeker of darkness, the wise. You might think, "What, that old man?". Yes, that's what I thought at first. But it came into my mind, "Just because no one saw him fight, does that mean he CAN'T fight?". He had grieve emotion of vengeance on Xehanort for betraying him. After being blasted by his own machine, he was in the realm of darkness WEARING ORGANIZATION CLOAK. That is the main reason I consider him to be one of the candidates; no one said he can't fight (though he never fought), and he fashioned organization cloak. But again, this candidate is also not liekly.
Between time travel and needing Sora to kick everone's ass for him, I dunno...The cloak's not that bad of a point, though IIRC, he did have some sort of access to them since he gave them to Riku and Mickey (I might be wrong on this one, but just saying IIRC).

3) Xehanort himself. In BBS, Terra-Xehanort used both abilities of Terra and Master Xehanort. Xemnas used all organization powers when he used his armor and fought Sora & Riku. Also Xemnas's main weapon is ethereal blades, which bear striking resemblance to MF's sabers. In the secret ending of RE:coded, Yen Sid mentions Xehanort returning as he will be revived due to both his heartless and nobody being destroyed. Now if we consider these facts, revived Xehanort possibly can utilize ALL of the above powers. The reason he came to the past, if this is the case, is probably because something went wrong in the future, and Xehanort wanted to remove the root of it. This is my best guess and I think it is most likely that Xehanort himself from the future is the MF.
Complete Xehanort I can work with, although maybe for different reasons.

Awards
Before that, allow me to explain the factors that I considered. First, villain or friendly? Just because MF tried to beat the S!@# out of T/V/A (we don't know who fought him yet; we don't know which, or all, fought him. All we know is that the fight did happen), it doesn't mean he should be a bad guy. Lingering Sentiment is another example of Killing Intent + Good Guy. He never meant any evil, he just misunderstood Sora as Xehanort. Another thing is, if MF is a bad guy and his only goal was to kill TVA, why didn't he just stab them in the back while being invisible? This may sound cheap, but I don't see why he would not do this after losing if he was a villain.

Actually, it's doubtful the fight occurred at all, for any of the three of them.
There was no possible time for them to fight MF.

Terra: He's only in LoD as it's being destroyed, not after. And he couldn't have gone back after the Keyblade Graveyard.
Ven: Never actually sees LoD destroyed and could not, obviously, after the Keyblade Graveyard.
Aqua: She's the only one who actually returns to LoD, but even then, she has no time to fight MF. She brings Ven on her back, goes inside, and changes it into Castle Oblivion. The fight would have had to have occurred prior to this, but it's simply not possible given what she was doing.

Second, his clothing and combat style. Ah, yes, the organization cloak; everyone get's confused at this part. We should consider the fact that he is wearing one, and thus can only be a person who've seen it or wore it before. Combat style; note that his 2 blue sabers have striking resemblance to Xemnas's ethereal blades. Also, MF always wields his blade reversed, unless he does some crazy thing out of it. Lastly, notice that a lot of his skill are familiar. Some are almost the same as organization 13 skills, the orb skill resembles LS's drone attack (you know? The one he summons about 5 small flying thingis that shoot lasers to you), he can use TVA exclusive magic (mega flare, raging storm (?), tornado (VEN exclusive), and can use renewal block.

Just because MF has elemental attacks does not connect him to Organization XIII. None of them are actual replicas of Organization XIII attacks.
The only ones which we can say for sure are copies of others' attacks are the TAV attacks and, technically, the X attack (like Vanitas'), though I wouldn't necessarily say that indicates anything. In fact, it's hard to say if any of that is hinting at a connection. It may just be that the developers were too lazy to come up with other unique attacks, and so they gave MF a handful of the more powerful ones that TAV have.

The only thing that I can say with confidence hints at a connection is the ethereal blades. Because it's the actual weapon he uses, that can't be a coincidence.

Through these considerations, I came up with 3 candidates;
1) Ventus. Yes, Ventus. You people may call me crazy, but that's one of my guesses. First, he is one of the only 2 characters in THE ENTIRE KH SERIES that utilized reverse wielding (the other being Sora, in which he used it only at the fight with Xemnas). Also he is only of TVA that fashions dual wielding (wing blade command style). MF could've come from the future in order to stop himself forming X-blade, or stop Terra to become possessed by Xehanort. However, this candidate is EXTREMELY NOT LIKELY.

Since Nomura has said KH3 will be about saving those in torment, I think it's safe to say Ventus will be revived some time over the course of KH3. Which means he wouldn't look like MF (hypothetically) until years after that. So that would imply that this form of Ventus was from a game past KH3, eg KH4. I think "EXTREMELY NOT LIKELY" is an understatement.

Not to mention, using your own standard, Ven isn't connected to the Organization coat. There's also the question of why he'd be using the ethereal blades.

Again, no explanation for the ethereal blades.
I also really doubt AtW's going anywhere, losing his memories again, at least not until they rescue Aqua (since he's with her). And going back to the same issue with Ven, saving Aqua probably won't occur until sometime in KH3.

I think it's almost confirmed that MF is some incarnation of Xehanort.
Nomura recently stated that "multiple Xehanorts" may have been revived in the process of MX's return, so MF is likely one of those forms. After all, the two previous secret bosses (LS and Xemnas), were connected to Xehanort in some form.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I'm sorry, but if Ansem the Wise really was MF, I sincerely doubt his apprentices would be able to overthrow him.

I see the scale like this:

MF > TAV > Organization 13 members

Therefore:

MF > 6 apprentices who become part of Organization 13.

Absolute

I suspect its the 2..3...4th, 4th incarnation of Xehanort.

There has to be a connection between his blades. I mean, it can't be coincidence or even lazy developing to share an almost exact same weapon as Xemnas. Also, the apprentices showed references to their weapons as Org XIII members like Xigbar, Xaldin and Lernaues and even Axel. however, Terranort never used the Ethereal blades in the fights, so where did they come from with Xemnas?

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
AtW: Again, how would that old coot have those badass powers in the first place? I could understand him bearing some fighting capability but MF is way too much.
Your Ven theory intrests me but like you said its not likely.

Silfarion

Very unlikely indeed...How could Ven even gain the ability of time travel? and wouldn't it have been simpler to kill MX instead of his friends?.

Precisely why I said it is EXTREMELY unlikely.

Actually, it's doubtful the fight occurred at all, for any of the three of them.There was no possible time for them to fight MF.

Now, I think I read somewhere that this fight is canon, and did happen. Am I missing something?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Now, I think I read somewhere that this fight is canon, and did happen. Am I missing something?
Nomura has never said it was "canon" (in fact, I don't think Nomura has ever used the word).
He made no comment on whether or not the fight ever happened, but, he did hint that the character is tied to the story.

Silfarion

Nomura has never said it was "canon" (in fact, I don't think Nomura has ever used the word).
He made no comment on whether or not the fight ever happened, but, he did hint that the character is tied to the story.

Ah, I see. Guess I missed that part. Anyhow, that means that MF is a real person, am I wrong? And I am quite sure that Nomura didn't make the fight (if it did not happen) to get most people's ass kicked... I think that hints of who that person can be.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Ah, I see. Guess I missed that part. Anyhow, that means that MF is a real person, am I wrong? And I am quite sure that Nomura didn't make the fight (if it did not happen) to get most people's ass kicked... I think that hints of who that person can be.
I think he made the fight to tease a new character without caring too much about whether or not the fight actually happens in reality. As pointed out before, there is no feasible way that fight could have canonly happen, though, the character certainly is someone who will be important.

Silfarion

I think he made the fight to tease a new character without caring too much about whether or not the fight actually happens in reality. As pointed out before, there is no feasible way that fight could have canonly happen, though, the character certainly is someone who will be important.

Well, who knows who he is? Only Nomura'd know. Well, all secret bosses were important until now... Xemnas, Lingering Sentiment, and now MF.

Absolute

That's how I see it. he wanted to showcase a new possible character to the series like he did with Xemnas in KHI and Terra's Sentiment in KHII. However, the only availabe main game in the series to do that was Birth by Sleep. So he added the character to the game just to show them off, but the actual character may not exist in storyline until the present day with Sora and pals. So, its not that MF can time travel, but he was showcased in a game that took place 10 years earlier.

It would be like if they started with BBS as the first game in the series upon release and wanted to show off Ansem Seeker of Darkness as the secret boss to hint towards KHI in BBS. We know he doesn't come into play until KHI.

Pratiko

Awards
Hi.

About 1)
Vanitas had Riku's fighting style. Guess who he wasn't.

About 2)
If he was That strong, why would he need Riku to fight Roxas?

About 3)
I wanna believe it is Xehanort Apprentice related, too D:
Not some unknown Nobody born in BbS or any crap like that.

Silfarion

Hi.

About 1)
Vanitas had Riku's fighting style. Guess who he wasn't.

About 2)
If he was That strong, why would he need Riku to fight Roxas?

About 3)
I wanna believe it is Xehanort Apprentice related, too D:
Not some unknown Nobody born in BbS or any crap like that.

About 1 & 2) as I said, EXTREMELY not likely.
About 3) yeah, if it is some nobody or some crap like that again, I'm gonna be pissed of at Nomura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back